16-17 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    You make a good point and that perhaps makes me a little bit more sympathetic to them.

Still, regardless of philosophy, I think if you're losing that many times, you should't be rewarded for it.
    Good points

Comment

• Originally posted by wuhog View Post
      What would an OU win do for our RPI?
      OU lost to KU last night. Maryland Eastern Shore lost to Howard the night before.

Changing the OU loss to a win would have the same effect on WSU's RPI as changing the MES loss to a win. No more, no less.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
        This KU team is kinda mediocre by KU standards.

So this will be the year they win another title.
        Though not ranked as high as last year, KenPom ranks this year's KU team better than their 2013, 2014, and 2015 squads.

Comment

• Originally posted by wuhog View Post
          What would an OU win do for our RPI?
          Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
          Some people would tell you aboslutely nothing. We know better.
          ????

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
            ????
            I am a proponent of opening a new thread with the RPI formula posted, and making it a sticky. It would save a lot of questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
              Though not ranked as high as last year, KenPom ranks this year's KU team better than their 2013, 2014, and 2015 squads.
              Not to mention the "win another title" portion of that post. That 2008 KU team finished the season with the highest KenPom rating of any team other than the UK undefeated team, as far as I can tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                Not to mention the "win another title" portion of that post. That 2008 KU team finished the season with the highest KenPom rating of any team other than the UK undefeated team, as far as I can tell.
                This got me curious, jdshock. This year's Shocker team has its highest Kenpom rating ever, Oem currently at 25.53.
                Next closest was the '14 35-1 team at 25.36.
                The least efficient in the past six seasons, oddly enough , is the '13 Final Four squad
                Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by ROOT ANGRY! View Post
                  This got me curious, jdshock. This year's Shocker team has its highest Kenpom rating ever, Oem currently at 25.53.
                  Next closest was the '14 35-1 team at 25.36.
                  The least efficient in the past six seasons, oddly enough , is the '13 Final Four squad
                  The '13 squad had a ton of injuries and was not the same team during the season as during the tourney.

Comment

• Yeah, the '13 team had moments (that's saying it nicely) where they couldn't throw it in the ocean if they were standing in a boat. Defense and rebounding were that team's calling cards.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Tennessee 82 @LSU 92

UConn 62 @ East Carolina 66

Comment

• SLU up big at home with 10 to go. Hope I didn't jinx it.

X looks bad again (at home). 6 L's in a row?
                        Last edited by Triticum aestivum L.; March 1, 2017, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• SLU holds on for 15 point win vs Shox former sweet 16 foe La Salle

Comment

• Louisville drops @ unranked Wake Forest 81-88.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
                              Louisville drops @ unranked Wake Forest 81-88.
                              another QUALITY loss
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                Tennessee 82 @LSU 92

UConn 62 @ East Carolina 66

Is this the same Vol squad that beat the brakes off of the mild-cats? The same mild-cats that got homered vs. the Chickens?

Comment

Working...
                                X