No announcement yet.

16-17 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If both WSU and ISU win out it's 29 to 33 ISU.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      If both WSU and ISU win out it's 29 to 33 ISU.
      I want the overall 1 seed in St. Louis and I want the regular season title outright. I have to root for them to drop at UNI, even though I know they need to win out and they certainly have all the strength to do so. I need Jacobsen to be my hero this one time. And I really would love for them to fumble away a share of the title plus the overall 1 seed on the last game of the season at UNI in particular while we clinch that same day with a 30 point blowout over the team they just barely beat

Comment

• 33 for us if we lose to ISUr in the championship. UNI thing is disappointing. 5-5 against the top 100 (with CSU prayers as well) would look a hell of a lot better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
          I want the overall 1 seed in St. Louis and I want the regular season title outright. I have to root for them to drop at UNI, even though I know they need to win out and they certainly have all the strength to do so. I need Jacobsen to be my hero this one time. And I really would love for them to fumble away a share of the title plus the overall 1 seed on the last game of the season at UNI in particular while we clinch that same day with a 30 point blowout over the team they just barely beat
          Honest question, why do we need them to win out? Perhaps they would then be top 25 RPI but compared to around 27 if they were to lose @UNI and win in St. Louis. Wouldn't it be better for us, even in the eyes of the committee, to win have won the league outright?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
            Creighton was down by 4 late at Seton Hall. Creighton inbounded the ball. Marcus Foster let the ball roll to almost halfcourt. Seton Hall guy dove in to steal it and took for a dunk the other way.

As mentioned, Creighton lost.


            I'm reminded of a softball move a guy on my team came up with. After that more did the same thing. Line drive one-hopper to the center fielder. Batter watched the ball and jogged to first base. Center fielder threw him out. Never assume you are in control unless you are actually in control.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I know Creighton is in the Sacred Big East, but how long can the pollsters prop them up as they add losses, especially since it's so obvious how much losing Watson hurt them? After seeing the effects on WSU of missing FVV for even a while last year, I actually have some sympathy for the Jayboy players (although not the drunken idiot fans) who seemed to have such a good thing going -- but at some point, reality simply has to be faced: they just aren't a top 25 team any more.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                I know Creighton is in the Sacred Big East, but how long can the pollsters prop them up as they add losses, especially since it's so obvious how much losing Watson hurt them? After seeing the effects on WSU of missing FVV for even a while last year, I actually have some sympathy for the Jayboy players (although not the drunken idiot fans) who seemed to have such a good thing going -- but at some point, reality simply has to be faced: they just aren't a top 25 team any more.
                Well next week they won't be anymore. Still, they've only lost 5 games, none of them awful, and have 5 legitimate top 25 wins, 7 road wins and a couple of those without Watson. Clearly they aren't the same team, and I promise you there are few fans out there that dislike CU more than I do, but they are still a strong team that belongs in the tournament and are a borderline top 25 team with plenty of talent to beat almost any team. I actually would LOVE to see them drop a bit more (although that's not very likely as their schedule is much easier the rest of the way, sans Nova) and get stuck with Kansas (as long as it's not us there too) in the 1, 8, 9 ,16 pod.

Comment

I actually would LOVE to see them drop a bit more (although that's not very likely as their schedule is much easier the rest of the way, sans Nova) and get stuck with Kansas (as long as it's not us there too) in the 1, 8, 9 ,16 pod.
                  Talk about a game where you'd root for a lose-lose. I'd have to pick between rooting for CU to make their first second weekend in school history or the chickenhawks?

Comment

• They've definitely had a solid season, Doc -- no question they belong in the tournament. But they're a much different, and lesser, team without Watson. The pre-injury Jayboys are the ones I'd have loved to see face the Jayfowl from Lawrence. With this crew, I'd be afraid the guys who lost by 20 to Georgetown might show up, although I guess there's always the possibility that Foster could try to relive past glories.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                      Talk about a game where you'd root for a lose-lose. I'd have to pick between rooting for CU to make their first second weekend in school history or the chickenhawks?
                      That's a bold assumption that CU would win their first game in the 8/9 game ...

Comment

• Tonight's lone GOI:

UC Davis @ Long Beach State, 9 PM on ESPN3

Comment

• not sure this fits HERE, or even fits anywhere, but anyway...a story about an opponent....

Comment

I actually would LOVE to see them drop a bit more (although that's not very likely as their schedule is much easier the rest of the way, sans Nova) and get stuck with Kansas (as long as it's not us there too) in the 1, 8, 9 ,16 pod.
                            I kinda disagree. I can't think of a better weekend of sports than WSU beating BOTH Creighton and Kansas to advance to the Sweet 16.
                            78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                              I kinda disagree. I can't think of a better weekend of sports than WSU beating BOTH Creighton and Kansas to advance to the Sweet 16.
                              If that were to happen, stock in Jergens will be going way up!

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                                not sure this fits HERE, or even fits anywhere, but anyway...a story about an opponent....

http://www.cbssports.com/college-bas...olorado-state/
                                There is a thread on this in the "Around the NCAA" forum.
                                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Working...
                                X