Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
    In what world did Motley foul Lucas?
    Switch jerseys and arenas and tell me that is called.
    78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
      Say what you want about K-Rug, but they close it out...consistently.
      I mean yeah I guess if you want to chalk it all up to them and not take any of the other variables that seem to happen consistently over and over again as well

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
        I mean yeah I guess if you want to chalk it all up to them and not take any of the other variables that seem to happen consistently over and over again as well
        This board has rose colored glasses when it comes to the Jailbirds of the B12, including me at times, but they obviously know how to finish. Like it or not.

Comment

This board has rose colored glasses when it comes to the Jailbirds of the B12, including me at times, but they obviously know how to finish. Like it or not.
          I agree with you. I'm just mad about it :)

Comment

• They will magically forget how to finish when the NCAA tournament starts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
              I agree with you. I'm just mad about it :)
              Lol...and I 100% agree with you!

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                They will magically forget how to finish when the NCAA tournament starts.
                I hope so.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                  Was that not a foul on Kansas? On the last shot
                  Looked like there could've been two or three.

Figures.

Comment

Say what you want about K-Rug, but they close it out...consistently.
                    Or other big 12 teams pee down legs often.

Comment

• The Fruitcakes had 20 free throws to the Bears 11 in Waco. The calls at the end were pretty suspect. No doubt they're good but the way these games are called, it feels a bit predestined. What ever metric measures luck, it'd be interesting to see where they rank.

Comment

• I'm trying to think of a joke that would make "as smug as a thug and the rug" work but I haven't put it together yet

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post
                          The Fruitcakes had 20 free throws to the Bears 11 in Waco. The calls at the end were pretty suspect. No doubt they're good but the way these games are called, it feels a bit predestined. What ever metric measures luck, it'd be interesting to see where they rank.
                          Pomeroy says the Beakers are the 22nd luckiest team in the country.

We're 218th, FWIW.

Comment

• My bubble meter might be off, but I'm pretty sure it was good that Wake Forest lost to Duke and Virginia Tech lost to Louisville. I'd also like to see Texas Tech fall at WVU.

Would love to see Houston knock off #19 SMU, Vanderbilt beat #21 South Carolina and BYU knock off #22 Saint Mary's.

WSU probably doesn't need much help to get ranked this week, but if the right things happen, we could storm the gates rather than squeak in.

Comment

• West Virginia in full choke mode..............again.
                              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post
                                The Fruitcakes had 20 free throws to the Bears 11 in Waco. The calls at the end were pretty suspect. No doubt they're good but the way these games are called, it feels a bit predestined. What ever metric measures luck, it'd be interesting to see where they rank.
                                KenPom has a measure for "luck," which basically compares how well you do vs. how well you could be expected to do based on your offensive/defensive performance. Of the top 20 teams overall (WSU remains 13th, by the way, although their adjusted margin went up over half a point today, vs. 9th for The Flagship), the Chickenhawks are the only one in the top 75 for "luck," with a rating of +.084, which ranks 23rd nationally. No one else is close, and some teams, like WSU (-.012, which ranks 218th), and especially the Virginias (both of whom rank well over 300th), have not fared nearly so well.

Maybe it's luck, maybe it's Phog (although obviously not today), maybe it's finishing, maybe it's love from the refs -- but whatever it is, The Rug's Thugs had damn well better hope it continues once postseason play starts. Because if it doesn't, it's going to be yet another too-quick out for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X