Shocker Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
    I can't wait for this to happen for no other reason than this board needs to about something other than everyone describing in great detail their personal experience just purchasing tickets.
    I'm just ready for basketball in any shape or form.

Comment

I wanna see if anybody can compete with CF in the 3-point contest.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
        I wanna see if anybody can compete with CF in the 3-point contest.
        If we have someone that can .. that would be amazing .. well .. if they show up in games the same way.

Comment

I think I've managed to make one shocker madness ,, back when R. Clemente was a senior,, since then the whole Thursday thing has been Impossible with my schedule to be in town
          From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

Weeknights make the most sense...

rofl
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              Weeknights make the most sense...

rofl
              Apprently that is the case with the one opinion that actually counts. Perhaps it is something to ask Mike Kennedy about on a pre-game show. You could also call into 3G's radio show and ask him directly although I would probably take the indirect route through Kennedy.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                Apprently that is the case with the one opinion that actually counts. Perhaps it is something to ask Mike Kennedy about on a pre-game show. You could also call into 3G's radio show and ask him directly although I would probably take the indirect route through Kennedy.
                I guess it depends if this event is made for the fans or for the players and coaches. If it's for the former, then based on other events of these sorts at other schools, I'd say it makes little sense. If it's for the latter, then I'm not sure why people are invited out anyway. Of course, it's not really promoted, so maybe it is the latter and I shouldn't just care that much.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Not only is it on a Thursday, but it's also at 6:30. I can only assume somebody wants to be home before Golden Girls reruns start at 9:00.

Might as well have it over lunch break.
                  The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

I guess it depends if this event is made for the fans or for the players and coaches. If it's for the former, then based on other events of these sorts at other schools, I'd say it makes little sense. If it's for the latter, then I'm not sure why people are invited out anyway. Of course, it's not really promoted, so maybe it is the latter and I shouldn't just care that much.
                    Yes, it is for the fans. No they don't have to do it. Constant complaining can only add to 3Gs disdain for the event. Take it for what it is and enjoy the small taste we get that we otherwise would have to wait for. While I agree that I was disappointed by the event when ESPN was here, I don't believe it was ever intended to be the kind of event it is "at other schools". Get over it. That's just not who our coach is.

Comment

I would think that if 3G saw some tangible, positive benefits of making a big production out of it he would do that. I am guessing that he preferes to allocate those resources to other recruiting activities. But either he or someone closer to the program would have to answer that.

Why they choose to hold it on a Thursday and not on a Saturday evening I don't know. That would seem to be much more fan friendly. I would prefer that myself although I don't really care how they promote it. I can do without a lot of bells and whistles. Just show me some basketball.

Comment

If it counts as a practice, Marshall is likely to use it in a constructive, practice-like manner. I'm just glad to get a taste.

Comment

Ahhh, it's time for the annual why isn't Shocker Madness bigger and better on a weekend night with shiny lights whistles sirens fog machines and motorcycles debate. Carry on boys and girls. Queue up the mother insulting quotes. It's ShockerNet at its finest.
                          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            If it counts as a practice, Marshall is likely to use it in a constructive, practice-like manner. I'm just glad to get a taste.
                            Didn't they say last year that they held practice before hand? I remember some players saying their legs were tired after the dunk competition because of practice

Comment

Perhaps WSU should rename it to more properly reflect what it is and lessen the tendency of fans to compare WSU's public scrimmage with the big productions at KU and UK, etc. IIRC UK spends about 75% of their recruiting budget on their Big Blue Madness.

Perhaps WSU should just re-brand it as the Shocker Preview and avoid implying it is any more than what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                                Ahhh, it's time for the annual why isn't Shocker Madness bigger and better on a weekend night with shiny lights whistles sirens fog machines and motorcycles debate. Carry on boys and girls. Queue up the mother insulting quotes. It's ShockerNet at its finest.
                                You forgot the biggest Shockernet cliche of all: the self-righteous asshole.

Wait, no you didn't.
                                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Working...
                                X