No announcement yet.

Shocker Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's the deal. The deal goes as follows: FSF also has positive madness about our beloved Shocks. No top 25 rankings? I'm finer than a frog hair about that until later in the Season. We should win the Valley but the Redbirds and UNI will be pretty good too. The key to this Season is a solid Non-Con showing to keep us dancing with the stars. The following Season? Watch out!!! Now how about a vision called SSS=Shamet's Senior Season with the one two punch of LS and Austin at the guard slots? Can u dig that? Now though, we gaze ahead to this very Season missing 2-All American guards, but oozing with a talented squad.

Conner--Our best shooter. Watched him scrimmage this summer and to end the last game he did a penetrating slam dunk that his teammates and FSF were truly amazed. He should start at the pg. slot. At this event, I thought he passed up some wide-open shots that Guff used to do and 3G will not want that to continue. Even so, he will put way more points on the board for us this Season. Yes, I'm glad CF is a Shocker and look for him to emerge for us this Season. He does not make many turnovers and has range to bury 3's if our foes snooze on the job.

MM--plain or peanut will work because he seems focused to help lead this Season. A nice night that he did many things well. On FVV Soph. Season, I was concerned if he was ready for the big expectations until a summer scrimmage which proved he was both able and ready. Likewise, MM did not even play in the Tulsa road game early last year, kept improving at this level, and I truly think he is focused to be something special this Season. I love that corner shot of his and he brings much to the table with the fixins this Season with his all-around game.

Shaq-Wall--His knee was bugging him some I heard, so he did not play. The scrimmage in the summer I witnessed was a new revelation because he was firing up wholesale 3's but yet making his fair share. It reminds me some of JT Durley and adding it to his package is not all bad for remote opportunities.. Even so, Shaq could catapult forward in his role to help us if the III ===If If, If, he can play solid D without so much fff=fouling, fouling fouling. We want him on the hardwood, not the pine. He will not be expected to block every solitary shot. My teeth still rattle on some of the legal picks he sets when folk run into the Shaq-wall only to see stars in their immediate future.

Darral 'the Glass Cleaner' Willis--We want to go back to a top-flight rebounding team and here is a player that might lead us in that category. I adored his courage in Canada holding back 3G in his tirade followed by him saying something like "Coach is pretty strong for an old guy." Now That tickled my funny bone. At the Madness night, he was busting dance moves before the dunks to the point I almost hopped out of my chair to rock, but pulling a hammy before the Season starts could result in pain. Will he start at the 4? Hall and Cle their Junior Seasons came off the bench at times, but they earned lots of minutes and we need rebounds that results in more possessions. A nice shot and he can score inside. A nice addition and a needed shot in the arm.

LS=Lucky Strike for the Shockers to get here at 21st and Hillside. The 1st summer he was here, I walked in as they were scrimmaging and he "had me at hello" as he flew down the court at the 'speed of a bullet' and has nice hops, a good shooter, etc. Tom Cruise might say about him as a Shocker " He completes us?" A top 100 recruit and he has game to be followed by experience sooner than later. And what is his number? 11, so don't get me started because we know what that means.

Zach Brown--Kerry and ZB must be hanging out in the weight room because he is looking stronger. Many moons ago, a buddy and FSF did a workout with Kerry when Randy Smithson was Coach. We no more got started and my muscles were screaming towards the 3rd heavens for mercy, which would not have came from Kerry, but RS called him. That 5 minute interlude was needed like a whipped cream on punkin pie on turkey day. Mr. Brown is solid and will be a key to this team and he will keep improving. He also hustles in MTXE fashion.

Kelly--This is a young man that does lots of good things on the floor including rebounding. Since we have mostly Juniors or younger, RK is one that should step right up in our talented rotation doing his role with his top efforts for the team. He will get more minutes and look for him to make the very best of it. Actually, I like our inside batch of players and see improved rebounding Squad and Kelly is a tough-minded player that will help us all Season.

Since I am a man of few words, writing another book, I shall return to discuss the other players. Those 'on the outside looking in' think the Shocks will struggle with the graduation of Bake and Fred Van Smooth. Not so fast!!! 3G has his work cut out for him but that is never an issue. I like the talent our Coaching Staff brought in here. Yes, look for some ups and downs with a tough schedule. It will be a work in process and hoping the Defense we are famous for emerges as the Season unfolds. Key words? Have patience. It may not be a cake-walk, but Dance we Will, in my humble opinion.
    Last edited by forevershockerfan; October 22, 2016, 01:28 PM.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• [QUOTE=forevershockerfan;672372]Here's the deal. The deal goes as follows: FSF also has positive madness about our beloved Shocks. No top 25 rankings? I'm finer than a frog hair about that until later in the Season. We should win the Valley but the Redbirds and UNI&nbsp;will be pretty good too. The key to this Season is a solid Non-Con showing to keep us dancing with the stars. The following Season? Watch out!!! Now how about a vision called SSS=Shamet's Senior Season with the one two punch of&nbsp;LS and Austin at the guard slots? Can u dig that? Now though, we gaze ahead to this very Season missing 2-All American guards, but oozing with a talented squad.<br><br>Conner--Our best shooter. Watched him scrimmage this summer and to end the last game he did a penetrating slam&nbsp;dunk that his teammates and FSF were truly&nbsp;amazed.&nbsp;He should start at the pg. slot. At&nbsp;this event, I thought he passed up some wide-open shots&nbsp;that Guff used to do and 3G will not want that to continue. Even so, he will put way more points on the board for us this Season. Yes, I'm glad CF is a Shocker and look for him to emerge for us this Season. He does not make many turnovers and has range to bury 3's if our foes snooze on the job.<br><br>MM--plain or peanut will work because he seems focused to help lead this Season. A nice night that he did many things well. On FVV Soph. Season, I was concerned if he was ready for the big expectations until a summer scrimmage which proved he&nbsp;was both&nbsp;able and ready. Likewise, MM did not even play in the Tulsa road game last year, but I truly think he is focused to be something special this Season. I love that corner shot of his and he brings much to the table with the fixins this Season with his all-around game.<br><br>Shaq-Wall--His knee was bugging him some&nbsp; I heard, so&nbsp;he did not play. The scrimmage in the summer I witnessed was a new revelation because he was firing up wholesale 3's but yet making his fair share.&nbsp;It reminds me some of&nbsp;JT Durley&nbsp;and adding it to his package is not all bad for remote opportunities.. Even so, h-Shaq could catapult forward in his role to help us if the III ===If If, If, he can play solid D without so much fff=fouling, fouling fouling. We want him on the hardwood, not the pine. He will not be expected to block every solitary shot. My teeth still rattle on some of the legal picks he sets when folk run into the Shaq-wall only to see stars in their immediate future.<br><br>Darral 'the Glass Cleaner' Willis--We want to go back to a top-flight rebounding team and here is a player that might lead us in that category. I adored his courage in Canada holding back 3G in his tirade followed by him saying something like "Coach is pretty strong for an old guy."&nbsp; Now That tickled my funny bone. At the Madness night, he was busting dance moves before the dunks&nbsp;to the point I almost hopped out of my chair to rock, but pulling a hammy before the Season starts could result in pain.&nbsp;Will he start at the 4?&nbsp;&nbsp; Hall and Cle their Junior Seasons came off the bench at times, but&nbsp;they&nbsp;earned lots of minutes and we need rebounds that results in more&nbsp;possessions. A nice shot and he&nbsp;can score inside. A nice addition and a&nbsp;needed shot in the arm.<br><br><br>LS=Lucky Strike for the Shockers to get here at 21st and Hillside. The 1st summer he was here, I walked in as they were scrimmaging and he "had me at hello" as he flew down the court at the 'speed of a bullet' and has nice hops, a good shooter, etc. Tom Cruise might say about him as a Shocker " He completes us?" A top 100 recruit and he has game to be followed by experience sooner than later. And what is his number? 11, so don't get me started because we know what that means.<br><br>Zach Brown--Kerry and&nbsp;ZB must be&nbsp;hanging out in the weight room&nbsp;because he&nbsp; is looking stronger. Many moons ago, a buddy and FSF did a workout with Kerry when Randy Smithson was Coach. We no more got started and my muscles were screaming towards the 3rd heavens&nbsp;for mercy, which would not have came from Kerry,&nbsp;but RS called him. That 5 minute&nbsp;interlude was needed like a whipped cream on punkin pie on turkey day. Mr. Brown is solid and will be a key to this team and he will keep improving. He also hustles in MTXE fashion.<br><br>Kelly--This is a young man that does lots of good things on the floor including rebounding. Since we have mostly Juniors or younger, RK is one that should step right up in our talented rotation doing his role with his top efforts for the team. He will get more minutes and look for him to make the very best of it. Actually, I like our inside batch of players and see a&nbsp;improved rebounding Squad and Kelly is a tough-minded player that will help us all Season.<br><br>Since I am a man of few words, writing another book, I shall return to discuss the other players. Those 'on the outside looking in' think&nbsp;the Shocks&nbsp;will struggle with the graduation of Bake and Fred Van Smooth. Not so fast!!! 3G has his work cut out for him but that is never an issue. I like the talent our Coaching Staff brought in here. Yes, look for some ups and downs with a tough schedule. &nbsp;It will be a work in process and hoping the Defense we are famous for emerges as the Season unfolds. Key words? Have patience. It may not be a cake-walk, but Dance we Will, in my humble opinion.<br></div>[/QUOTE

I've missed your pin-point observations SFS...I just wish you would expand your thoughts!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        So the 80 minutes at the 4 and 5 are split between Shaq, Nurger, Willis, McDuffie, and Kelly? That's only 16 minutes each and that seems too low for all.
        I think Shaq, Darral, and Rashard will see around 20 each. Rauno is probably closer to 10. If McDuffie plays 10 at the 4 and 15 at the three, that sounds about right for the meat of the front court rotation.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• [QUOTE=SHOXMVC;672374]
          Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
          Here's the deal. The deal goes as follows: FSF also has positive madness about our beloved Shocks. No top 25 rankings? I'm finer than a frog hair about that until later in the Season. We should win the Valley but the Redbirds and UNI&nbsp;will be pretty good too. The key to this Season is a solid Non-Con showing to keep us dancing with the stars. The following Season? Watch out!!! Now how about a vision called SSS=Shamet's Senior Season with the one two punch of&nbsp;LS and Austin at the guard slots? Can u dig that? Now though, we gaze ahead to this very Season missing 2-All American guards, but oozing with a talented squad.<br><br>Conner--Our best shooter. Watched him scrimmage this summer and to end the last game he did a penetrating slam&nbsp;dunk that his teammates and FSF were truly&nbsp;amazed.&nbsp;He should start at the pg. slot. At&nbsp;this event, I thought he passed up some wide-open shots&nbsp;that Guff used to do and 3G will not want that to continue. Even so, he will put way more points on the board for us this Season. Yes, I'm glad CF is a Shocker and look for him to emerge for us this Season. He does not make many turnovers and has range to bury 3's if our foes snooze on the job.<br><br>MM--plain or peanut will work because he seems focused to help lead this Season. A nice night that he did many things well. On FVV Soph. Season, I was concerned if he was ready for the big expectations until a summer scrimmage which proved he&nbsp;was both&nbsp;able and ready. Likewise, MM did not even play in the Tulsa road game last year, but I truly think he is focused to be something special this Season. I love that corner shot of his and he brings much to the table with the fixins this Season with his all-around game.<br><br>Shaq-Wall--His knee was bugging him some&nbsp; I heard, so&nbsp;he did not play. The scrimmage in the summer I witnessed was a new revelation because he was firing up wholesale 3's but yet making his fair share.&nbsp;It reminds me some of&nbsp;JT Durley&nbsp;and adding it to his package is not all bad for remote opportunities.. Even so, h-Shaq could catapult forward in his role to help us if the III ===If If, If, he can play solid D without so much fff=fouling, fouling fouling. We want him on the hardwood, not the pine. He will not be expected to block every solitary shot. My teeth still rattle on some of the legal picks he sets when folk run into the Shaq-wall only to see stars in their immediate future.<br><br>Darral 'the Glass Cleaner' Willis--We want to go back to a top-flight rebounding team and here is a player that might lead us in that category. I adored his courage in Canada holding back 3G in his tirade followed by him saying something like "Coach is pretty strong for an old guy."&nbsp; Now That tickled my funny bone. At the Madness night, he was busting dance moves before the dunks&nbsp;to the point I almost hopped out of my chair to rock, but pulling a hammy before the Season starts could result in pain.&nbsp;Will he start at the 4?&nbsp;&nbsp; Hall and Cle their Junior Seasons came off the bench at times, but&nbsp;they&nbsp;earned lots of minutes and we need rebounds that results in more&nbsp;possessions. A nice shot and he&nbsp;can score inside. A nice addition and a&nbsp;needed shot in the arm.<br><br><br>LS=Lucky Strike for the Shockers to get here at 21st and Hillside. The 1st summer he was here, I walked in as they were scrimmaging and he "had me at hello" as he flew down the court at the 'speed of a bullet' and has nice hops, a good shooter, etc. Tom Cruise might say about him as a Shocker " He completes us?" A top 100 recruit and he has game to be followed by experience sooner than later. And what is his number? 11, so don't get me started because we know what that means.<br><br>Zach Brown--Kerry and&nbsp;ZB must be&nbsp;hanging out in the weight room&nbsp;because he&nbsp; is looking stronger. Many moons ago, a buddy and FSF did a workout with Kerry when Randy Smithson was Coach. We no more got started and my muscles were screaming towards the 3rd heavens&nbsp;for mercy, which would not have came from Kerry,&nbsp;but RS called him. That 5 minute&nbsp;interlude was needed like a whipped cream on punkin pie on turkey day. Mr. Brown is solid and will be a key to this team and he will keep improving. He also hustles in MTXE fashion.<br><br>Kelly--This is a young man that does lots of good things on the floor including rebounding. Since we have mostly Juniors or younger, RK is one that should step right up in our talented rotation doing his role with his top efforts for the team. He will get more minutes and look for him to make the very best of it. Actually, I like our inside batch of players and see a&nbsp;improved rebounding Squad and Kelly is a tough-minded player that will help us all Season.<br><br>Since I am a man of few words, writing another book, I shall return to discuss the other players. Those 'on the outside looking in' think&nbsp;the Shocks&nbsp;will struggle with the graduation of Bake and Fred Van Smooth. Not so fast!!! 3G has his work cut out for him but that is never an issue. I like the talent our Coaching Staff brought in here. Yes, look for some ups and downs with a tough schedule. &nbsp;It will be a work in process and hoping the Defense we are famous for emerges as the Season unfolds. Key words? Have patience. It may not be a cake-walk, but Dance we Will, in my humble opinion.<br></div>[/QUOTE

I've missed your pin-point observations SFS...I just wish you would expand your thoughts!!!
          So glad you were able to quote me posting on a different computer before I could go back in and fix this mess. Yes, maybe I was just too brief, but you were 'quick on quick' with that reply.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
            I think Shaq, Darral, and Rashard will see around 20 each. Rauno is probably closer to 10. If McDuffie plays 10 at the 4 and 15 at the three, that sounds about right for the meat of the front court rotation.
            I'm willing to wait and see if what I saw from Rauno was fools gold or not. I was never impressed last year with Rauno. He always looked like a fish out of water ( to me). His foot work was never very good. The other day, I thought i saw a better Rauno but it may have been fools gold against inferior competition.

Comment

• Nurger--was so glad to see him more assertive and in there fighting for bounds. We should get some quality minutes from Rauno. My hopes is his nice shooting touch will be more evident in games this Season.

CJ--Every kiss of the rim begins with CJ? He defies the laws of gravity with his hops. It has been said he could be a defensive stopper and we know how much 3G likes that.

Austin--Loved the way he goes straight forward to the rack with penetration and he made some nice entry passes. What a gem they found in this young man and it begins this Season.

Hamilton--The abilities are there and the learning curve of his role with this team we hope will get better this Season. He could be 3rd string but for sure he will get his chances.

Smith--A quick player that will help us. It takes time to learn the PG slot and 3G is very particular it is done his way. A few turnovers on this night but there will be match-ups that occur that he may be called on

Simon--He knows exactly what to do from the point guard slot and joins Bush as our only Senior. He is playing behind some solid talent but his experience will give him some floor time.

Bush--He is quite the encourager and it appears to me he is an asset for this team. He could have played more at other schools but is a Shocker through and through.

Barney--Comes from a quality family of Shocker lovers and grew up watching game after game. He has a very nice shooting touch, understands the game and will be ready to go.

Malone--This young man has some serious hops. This group of walk on players is impressive to say the least. This influx of new players give us some serious and quality depth. Now Coach will continue to mold them together and it will be fun to watch as the Season unfolds.

Comment

• Welcome back Forever shocker fan. I have missed your insights!!!

Comment

Working...
                X