Austin Reaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
    Memories are fading, we won the game at VT on a last second shot by Ragland. And the championship game with Alabama came down to the last few minutes when Hatch hit an absolute dagger.
    Actually Hatch hit 2 straight daggers. It was freaking awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
      We were up big against College of Charleston at half. Blowout time. Booked my ticket to New York. Andrew Goudelock started hitting every shot from half court in and i was sweating big time. Thrilled with the seven point lead.
      I almost wished that Cremins would have pulled AG in those final seconds. It might have been one of the only times (if not THE only time) that an opposing player would have received a standing ovation in CKA.
      78-65

Comment

OOPS!

Damn, it is bad getting OLD and getting egg all over one's face.

Sure, beats the hell out of the alternative, though!

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
          I almost wished that Cremins would have pulled AG in those final seconds. It might have been one of the only times (if not THE only time) that an opposing player would have received a standing ovation in CKA.
          Dude was hitting threes well inside the Wu logo. It was a sight to behold.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Here's what I know.

Austin has gained weight. About 15lbs. All muscle but mostly lower body and core. He just started listing upper body a couple of weeks ago. By all accounts he is doing EXTREMELY well in practice. I was told if he can stay healthy he has a high NBA chance. We will see lol. I've always thought that about him.

He's loving Wichita. I think he will be special. But I've known him for awhile now and have never seen him not do what he says he will do. He's entertaining to watch because of his style but don't be fooled by what looks like flashy stuff. He will rip your head off to beat you. He's a "whatever it takes" guy. I expect him to contribute a lot this season. Especially in conference.

Comment

Originally posted by ARShocker View Post
              Here's what I know.

Austin has gained weight. About 15lbs. All muscle but mostly lower body and core. He just started listing upper body a couple of weeks ago. By all accounts he is doing EXTREMELY well in practice. I was told if he can stay healthy he has a high NBA chance. We will see lol. I've always thought that about him.

He's loving Wichita. I think he will be special. But I've known him for awhile now and have never seen him not do what he says he will do. He's entertaining to watch because of his style but don't be fooled by what looks like flashy stuff. He will rip your head off to beat you. He's a "whatever it takes" guy. I expect him to contribute a lot this season. Especially in conference.
              Thanks for the feedback; weight gain is what I expected to date. Now that he has begun upper body lifting, I am praying that he will gain another 10-15 pounds of muscle for a playing weight between 185-190. Of course, if he continues to grow, then extra poundage should be anticipated. My cousins in NW Arkansas agree with your assessment that AR is the real deal. With great coaching, which he will receive as a Shocker, then he has a bright future in basketball beyond D1 NCAA basketball.

Comment

Here's what I know.

This is kid has potential to make us forget about Baker and Van Vleet... And that is no knock on them... More praise on what this kid can really do if his stars align...

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                  This is kid has potential to make us forget about Baker and Van Vleet
                  I don't care if Michael Jordan in his prime plays for us for four years. VanVleet and Baker were special and won't be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
                    Let me help that memory:

vs Nebraska 76-49
                    @ Virginia Tech 79-76 (OT)
                    vs College of Charleston 82-75
                    vs Washington State 75-44
                    vs Alabama 66-57

Average MoV = 15, but it's weighed down by two blowouts. IIRC the semifinal against Washington State team had Klay Thomson that year.
                    Yep. In a sure sign that the NBA favors offense over defense. Murry absolutely abused him that entire game.

Comment

Here's what I know.

I love to hear this about freshman. Hopefully you are correct!
                      Livin the dream

Comment

I usually feel pretty good going into a season that we will defend and rebound, but worry about scoring. On paper we should have a number of scoring options at most positions this year. Hoping they can defend and rebound enough to stay on the floor.
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

If he's another Odum I'd be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                            If he's another Odum I'd be happy.
                            Apart from their physical appearance I don't see the Jake Odum comparison. Odum, if I remember correctly, couldn't shoot his way out of a paper bag. Nor could he finish at the rim or score in general all that well. He was a competitive heady player who could penetrate and whose signature move was jumping out of bounds and somehow finding an open teammate.

It looks to me like Reaves is a much more complete player.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                              Apart from their physical appearance I don't see the Jake Odum comparison. Odum, if I remember correctly, couldn't shoot his way out of a paper bag. Nor could he finish at the rim or score in general all that well. He was a competitive heady player who could penetrate and whose signature move was jumping out of bounds and somehow finding an open teammate.

It looks to me like Reaves is a much more complete player.
                              I too will be disappointed if Aistin Reaves turns out to be Jake Odum. Odum was an excellent player, but Reaves could be much more.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

If he's our starting point guard and can average 7-10 points a game with 2-4 assists I'd say that makes him one of the best frosh points in the Midwest. Is that the impact those who have seen him play expect? I don't recall very often seeing point guards start.

As far as vitals go, doesn't he compare to Odum? As far as ability, when Odum was a freshman starter he played a pivotal role knocking us out of the tournament and into the NIT. Although that did turn out very well for us.

I really hope he's more Bobby Sura than Jake Odum, but if not, I'd be happy with a 6'5" point. That'd help on the boards (if he goes to the glass).

Comment

Working...
                                X