Austin Reaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    He's from NE Arkansas, BTW, but otherwise I think you're right.
    My fault. Should have known better as we used to play Arkansas State which is in Jonesboro semi regularly

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Not only does Peyton leaving the program open up a need for Austin's talents but losing 6-6 shooting wing Gabe Grant to Houston in the recruiting wars and then filling that scholarship with Samajae Haynes-Jones,a 5-11 shooting guard, possibly indicates that 3G and staff are feeling pretty good about Austin's abilities.
      Word for word what I was going to post.

Well done.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
        Word for word what I was going to post.

Well done.
        Don't mean to be nit-picky, but I believe Semaje is a point guard based on this article:

With his height it would make more sense. 5' 11" is a little short for a shooting guard in my opinion. As a point guard, not so much. Especially if he is as quick and athletic as we're hearing.

P.S. I am thinking that Austin will play some at SG this year, as a number of you have already stated.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
          Don't mean to be nit-picky, but I believe Semaje is a point guard based on this article:

With his height it would make more sense. 5' 11" is a little short for a shooting guard in my opinion. As a point guard, not so much. Especially if he is as quick and athletic as we're hearing.

P.S. I am thinking that Austin will play some at SG this year, as a number of you have already stated.
          You're right. I need to proof read more, I had intended to post that Samajae is a pass first point guard (according to Suellentrop's article). I have made that correction. Good catch. That obviously makes more sense.

Comment

Im not worried about Reaves size at PG. If his talent level is there, he'll be fine.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

If Austin does play some at the point he will have some advantages and disadvantages. His height will allow him to see over most point guards and would help when he takes the ball inside. Whether or not he has the speed and quickness to stay of D-1 point guards remains to be seen.

He would certainly seem to possess the BBIQ.

But if Austin is playing much at the point then perhaps Daishon and Samajae aren't working out. We'll see.

Austin and Landry do give the Shocks an option of going big if they want to. Austin and Landry at the guards, Markis and Darral at the 3 and 4 and Shaq or Rauno at the 5. Although I would not expect to see a lot of that lineup.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 23, 2016, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Can never have enough point guards!

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
                  Can never have enough point guards!
                  Conner
                  Landry
                  Daishon
                  Austin
                  John
                  Samajae

Just sayin'.
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                    Conner
                    Landry
                    Daishon
                    Austin
                    John
                    Samajae

Just sayin'.
                    Minor detail but Samajae will not play with JRS. JRS will be graduated by the time Samajae is here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                      Conner
                      Landry
                      Daishon
                      Austin
                      John
                      Samajae

Just sayin'.
                      If we are being fully transparent both Conner and Landry are definitely more shooting guards than point guards. I don't think we will see Landry at point in less it's an emergency. Conner is playing it out of necessity because he knows the system but I think if Daishon or Austin get up to speed those two will be the primary point guards and then Samajae will fight them both for PT next season.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        If Austin does play some at the point he will have some advantages and disadvantages. His height will allow him to see over most point guards and would help when he takes the ball inside. Whether or not he has the speed and quickness to stay of D-1 point guards remains to be seen.

He would certainly seem to possess the BBIQ.

But if Austin is playing much at the point then perhaps Daishon and Samajae aren't working out. We'll see.

Austin and Landry do give the Shocks an option of going big if they want to. Austin and Landry at the guards, Markis and Darral at the 3 and 4 and Shaq or Rauno at the 5. Although I would not expect to see a lot of that lineup.
                        I can see that - imagine that lineup playing a 3-2 zone

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post

I read 1972's mind and knew he meant PG.
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

Austin's biggest challenge right now is for his healing body to survive practices.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks771 View Post
                              If we are being fully transparent both Conner and Landry are definitely more shooting guards than point guards. I don't think we will see Landry at point in less it's an emergency. Conner is playing it out of necessity because he knows the system but I think if Daishon or Austin get up to speed those two will be the primary point guards and then Samajae will fight them both for PT next season.
                              I could see Landry filling PG roles ala Ron Baker a little later on. Maybe around his junior year.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks771 View Post
                                Marshall absolutely expects specific things from his PG, but I think all of those guys possess the majority of those traits, but perhaps not all. None of them are perfect PGs yet, but they all can be pretty dang good at it.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X