Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Went to college with a kid from Long Island. They ALL think anything west of Philly is "the west coast". They have no sense of geography, and more importantly, they don't give a damn. They barely acknowledge Brooklyn.
    In fairness we have somewhat the same thing here in Kansas. Everyone in the northern third of the state thinks Salina is the geographical center of the state.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      In another thread we've had a discussion of this one hour trip phenomenon. Our conclusion was that it was the time for a jet to pass between the two towns while traveling from one destination to another, which is the only real time frame that anyone on the east coast would recognize.
      Thank goodness! I thought I was having de ja vu.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
        Thank goodness! I thought I was having de ja vu.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Ron playing with Russ in OKC would be off the charts.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
            So there must be some secret high speed rail between Scott City and OKC if they are only an hour apart as the article says.
            This is flyover country, so those east-coasters measure everything out here in flight time. They can't comprehend actually taking the time to drive between any two points.

Comment

• Back in the NE you can drive across 3 states in less time than it takes to drive to Salina

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Went to college with a kid from Long Island. They ALL think anything west of Philly is "the west coast". They have no sense of geography, and more importantly, they don't give a damn. They barely acknowledge Brooklyn.
                Back in high school I was on a school trip to NYC. We were in Manhattan and a police officer approached us and said, "Hey where you all from?" I responded, "Kansas." He then replies, "Oh yeah! Hoosiers! Go hoosiers!" I responded, "That's actually Indiana." To which he says, "close enough." I replied, "actually Indiana is closer to you than us." He said, "whatever" And walked off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuchalk View Post
                  My Massachusetts relatives think that if you live in Kansas, you must be stupid.
                  Well at least we aren't stupid enough to think dressing up as indians and dumping tea off a boat is gonna really trick the red coats.

Comment

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post
                    Back in high school I was on a school trip to NYC. We were in Manhattan and a police officer approached us and said, "Hey where you all from?" I responded, "Kansas." He then replies, "Oh yeah! Hoosiers! Go hoosiers!" I responded, "That's actually Indiana." To which he says, "close enough." I replied, "actually Indiana is closer to you than us." He said, "whatever" And walked off.
                    Indiana? Heck, Ohio is the Midwest to most from the NE.

This is old but still true:
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

• Ron has to get out of NY. Phil needs to get back on his rocker.
                      Why walk somebody in baseball when you can hit them?

Comment

• Knicks picked the French PG Frank Ntilikina with the #8 pick in the 1st round. He's 6'5" 180 lbs with a 7' wingspan. Sounds like he's not a great shooter, more of a traditional passing PG who has led his team to the French league finals

Comment

• Dreaming of Fred and Ron being on the same team.
                          Why walk somebody in baseball when you can hit them?

Comment

• Dreaming of Ron or Fred or BOTH being a Phoenix Sun!!!!
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                              Indiana? Heck, Ohio is the Midwest to most from the NE.

This is old but still true:
                              A good friend of mine from the Corps was from Cincinnati and he referred to his home city as the Queen city of the Mid West. I told him we considered Ohio in the east. He explained that it got its name when Ohio was still a frontier state to the "Easterners" I have since come to think of Kansas as "The High Plains" with not so many highs.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                                A good friend of mine from the Corps was from Cincinnati and he referred to his home city as the Queen city of the Mid West. I told him we considered Ohio in the east. He explained that it got its name when Ohio was still a frontier state to the "Easterners" I have since come to think of Kansas as "The High Plains" with not so many highs.
                                Wichita was once called the Peerless Princess of the Plains. Now it's just called Doodah. ..
                                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                                X