Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Went to college with a kid from Long Island. They ALL think anything west of Philly is "the west coast". They have no sense of geography, and more importantly, they don't give a damn. They barely acknowledge Brooklyn.
    Hey, Doc -- Good point, but Philly IS the west coast...of the Delaware River. And, pogo, although I haven't visited a law library in a while, I believe Ohio federal court cases still appear in the "Northwest Reporter" (someone please update me if I'm out of date on that).

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
      Indiana? Heck, Ohio is the Midwest to most from the NE.

This is old but still true:
      Sorry to tell you this but Ohio is in the Midwest.

Comment

• So does all of this geography suggest the earth is flat and not spinning? Splain? Back to the subject at hand, I hope to see even more of Baker and FVV next Season in the NBA and I hope they get great contracts and make oodles of green on the team with the best fit for each of them.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
          So does all of this geography suggest the earth is flat and not spinning? Splain? Back to the subject at hand, I hope to see even more of Baker and FVV next Season in the NBA and I hope they get great contracts and make oodles of green on the team with the best fit for each of them.

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• The Knicks and president Phil Jackson announced Wednesday morning that they have mutually parted ways. Conversations of Jackson's departure accelerated this week when the organization decided it would not buy out Carmelo Anthony.

I wonder what this does to the possibility of Ron staying in New York.
            78-65

Comment

• Will Ron miss the triangle now?
              Why walk somebody in baseball when you can hit them?

Comment

• The Knicks are expected to extend a qualifying offer to Ron Baker to make him a restricted free agent, according to league sources. This will allow New York to match any offer sheet that Baker signs in free agency. Baker is expected to draw interest on the market so New York may have to use some of its cap space to retain the second-year guard. Coaches were impressed by Baker's energy and ability to defend, among other things, during his rookie season.

Comment

• That's the advantage of not getting drafted in the second round.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Baker needs to get his shooting numbers up a bit. If he does that, he will make a LOT of money over a not small number of years in the NBA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      Baker needs to get his shooting numbers up a bit. If he does that, he will make a LOT of money over a not small number of years in the NBA.
                      It can certainly be done -- Michael Jordan shot under 20% from three his first FOUR years in the league, but he finished at 33% for his career. Baker may not be quite Jordanesque in skills (who is?), but he doesn't need to take a back seat to many when it comes to work ethic.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                        It can certainly be done -- Michael Jordan shot under 20% from three his first FOUR years in the league, but he finished at 33% for his career. Baker may not be quite Jordanesque in skills (who is?), but he doesn't need to take a back seat to many when it comes to work ethic.
                        His work ethic would make me a betting man that his numbers from behind the arc improve next year. He's gonna go all senior year Tekele Cotton on his numbers.

Comment

• Here is an interesting one.

"Sources: John Calipari reached out to NYK through intermediaries to express interest in presidency. More: https://t.co/dLt8AMV9MP

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                            Here is an interesting one.

"Sources: John Calipari reached out to NYK through intermediaries to express interest in presidency. More: https://t.co/dLt8AMV9MP
                            If knicks have interest in Toronto 's person for president, can their be a reunion of Fred and Ron in NYC?
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Ron Baker got signed with the Knicks again!!!
                              SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
                              gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShanShock View Post
                                Ron Baker got signed with the Knicks again!!!
                                Here's his tweet

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X