Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
    Knicks lesson learned - If your aim is to lose a BB game, make sure you keep Ron on the bench along with your star players,
    If they want to lose, they should leave their star players on the floor. Seems to work fairly well so far this season...

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
      Knicks lesson learned - If your aim is to lose a BB game, make sure you keep Ron on the bench along with your star players,
      As much as the fans complain about winning now. It is just stupid for the players. Really only KP is completely safe for coming back. Everyone else is trying to continue to improve and prove they deserve a contract. Like 75% of the players in the NBA.

The fans may be looking for a miracle draft by losing. But, there is no one they could draft that would complete a TEAM. The Curry's and LeBron's of the world that you can build a team around show up once every 5 years or so.

I'm just looking forward to tomorrow's game on ABC vs. Boston.

Comment

• http://nypost.com/2017/04/01/ron-bakers-convincing-knicks-the-knock-against-him-is-a-myth/

Nice little article!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by OSShock View Post
          fify
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Knicks vs Celtics is on ABC right now. Ron got the start and has 4 points and a steal so far.
            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Rose out for the remainder of the season with a meniscus tear. Baker will get some minutes.

Comment

• Ron is gonna be a millionaire real soon

Comment

• Man do the Knicks look awful. Hope Ron can find a spot with a team that isn't a trainwreck sooner than later.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                    Knicks vs Celtics is on ABC right now. Ron got the start and has 4 points and a steal so far.
                    Ron looks much heavier to me.....and, not in a good way.
                    '88-'89 Shocker Hellraisers Fan of the Year.

Comment

• NBA rules are awful. Apparently staying in front of a driver is a foul.

Ron has 2 of those so far and I would call both solid defense.
                      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Van Gundy loves Baker
                        The Assman

Comment

• I swear Baker is invisible to the other four players on his team.
                          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• My fear is that Ron will defer so much to others, looking to get the perfect shot, that he will fade as an impact player. Hornacek and other good basketball people around the league will recognize the value he brings but I don't know if enough of them will be willing to keep the cash rolling his way. I hope I'm wrong, Ron is a special player, just not flashy and full of wow-factor.
                            As an example today, in the blowout loss at home to the Celtics, Ron started and played 29 minutes. He scored 4 points on 2-5 shooting, 3 assists, 3 rebounds, 4 fouls. It did seem that the rest of the team found him invisible, likely because they are fighting for attention as they are given their chance to shine as the season winds down. He's got to find a way to capitalize on these opportunities and leave no doubt that he's an impact player. He had a wide-open break opportunity, went in for an easy layup but got it swatted from behind. The crowd went 'ooohhh'. IMHO, that's not the way you want a NYC crowd to remember you in a blowout loss.
                            Last edited by ISASO; April 2, 2017, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ISASO View Post
                              My fear is that Ron will defer so much to others, looking to get the perfect shot, that he will fade as an impact player. Hornacek and other good basketball people around the league will recognize the value he brings but I don't know if enough of them will be willing to keep the cash rolling his way. I hope I'm wrong, Ron is a special player, just not flashy and full of wow-factor.
                              The NYP took out a whole article practically praising Ron. HCJH loves him, the fans love him. He's going to get an offer.
                              The Assman

Comment

• I know people say Ron defers to much to other players, but that's what PGs do. I think Ron would do better in the SG position, but right now he's stuck at PG.

Comment

Working...
                                X