Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm in SLC and I was bummed I missed Baker even though he was in my hotel

Comment

• I don't know much, but the score seems to go the right way when he's in the game.

Comment

• He wasn't listed as the starter on the pre-game stat sheet; I flipped when I heard over the PA "and at guard, from Wichita State, Ron Baker". My daughter and I were looked at strangely by fans around us when we started cheering!

Comment

• Nobody fell for my joke saying "who's that??".

You guys are good.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            I don't know much, but the score seems to go the right way when he's in the game.
            That sounds like an out dated and unreliable metric.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
              He wasn't listed as the starter on the pre-game stat sheet; I flipped when I heard over the PA "and at guard, from Wichita State, Ron Baker". My daughter and I were looked at strangely by fans around us when we started cheering!
              Just tell the curious folk that you are a member of SN. They will then understand, even in Salem, Oregon.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                Just tell the curious folk that you are a member of SN. They will then understand, even in Salem, Oregon.
                I did show them my phone case (WuShock) but they didn't understand why I was waving around my iphone, either. I think they just interpreted it as "more crazy!"

Comment

I don't know much, but the score seems to go the right way when he's in the game.
                  The old Tekele Cotton trick, Chief.

Comment

Only two Knicks had plus plus-minus scores, both were +1 and Mr. Baker was one of the two
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Here's a nice little article from the Hutch News about Ron, it's worth a read:

Comment

• Per the Knicks game notes, Baker is listed as a starter tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
                          Per the Knicks game notes, Baker is listed as a starter tonight.
                          I don't see a Knicks game listed for tonight.

Comment

• Sorry, i'm an idiot...Wednesday. At least according to this rotoworld blurb...
                            Derrick Rose is not being listed as a starter in the game notes for Wednesday's matchup with Miami.

The game notes list Ron Baker as New York's starting point guard, but it's worth pointing out that the game notes are notoriously unreliable, and this report is stemming from Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinal and not a New York beat reporter. We should have a better idea on Rose's status following Wednesday morning's shootaround, but if both he and Carmelo Anthony are indeed rested on Wednesday night, Kristaps Porzingis would see a nice uptick in usage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                              Here's a nice little article from the Hutch News about Ron, it's worth a read:

http://www.hutchnews.com/news/local_...77efffbe0.html
                              Now that was a magnificent article that while reading it through a 3-scope mindset of what is real important of class-acts, it brings tears of joy for Ron, his family, his home-town, and each team he has played for in his life. However, what makes this material real and brings tears of joy to our eyes is what hard work can achieve whether you are a basketball player or in other walks of life.

1. Ron's path has peaks and valleys just like the rest of us but he remains steadfast in his efforts. Even so, he is thought of by many as nice, respectable, and let me add humble. A lady once told me at the gym how she taught Ron swimming lessons when he was young but was quick to mention how he and his family are all class acts. I met him and agree. Ron earned such respect by working hard and respecting others.

2. Ron has achieved way beyond what others might have thought on the hardwood. It's not every day you meet a player that puts his teammates first, does what the Coaches ask him, and finds ways he can help his team to win. If he plays, nobody plays harder. If he is on the bench, nobody cheers louder for his team. The result? If he is on the bench, The Garden Party is cheering for him to get in the game. Now, That is not going to happen to many undrafted rookies who didn't have loads of stars by their name as a high school recruit. Actually, did he have any stars? Yes, because he is sure is a star to Shocker fans.

3. Last but not least on this 3-scope, Family is important to Ron and he is said to remain tight-knit with them with a healthy balance. In the scheme of things in life, if when your journey here is over and you was to watch your highlight reel, the best moments will often be celebrated with you by your Family. In Ron's case, he has a great Family, and always will have also a Family of fans and friends that really care about him because of the other attributes he shares daily with others.
                              Last edited by forevershockerfan; March 28, 2017, 06:40 PM.
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Baker with the start tonight with Rose out

Comment

Working...
                                X