Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baker looked good. Got a lot of early-game minutes.

To touch on areas where he could use some work, everybody was trying to drive on him.. Guy with the ball was beating the secondary defender a little more often than the Knicks might want to see. Driving on Baker was probably about a 50% chance of getting a basket. He stopped a few before they got a good first step.

I think he's got a good chance of sending someone with a guaranteed contract down to play with Cle in the D League. Baker can play two positions, sees the court well, makes accurate passes, shoots it well, but can have trouble staying in front of his guy.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I imagine it can be a little hard to go from a small town guy to having MSG be your home court and getting a lot of first quarter minutes on the parquet floor in Boston. Baker's handling it like he's been there before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        Baker looked good. Got a lot of early-game minutes.

To touch on areas where he could use some work, everybody was trying to drive on him.. Guy with the ball was beating the secondary defender a little more often than the Knicks might want to see. Driving on Baker was probably about a 50% chance of getting a basket. He stopped a few before they got a good first step.

I think he's got a good chance of sending someone with a guaranteed contract down to play with Cle in the D League. Baker can play two positions, sees the court well, makes accurate passes, shoots it well, but can have trouble staying in front of his guy.
        I thought he was intentionally shading Young to that side, and the help D was slow to rotate. He did get help one time when he shaded Hunter to Hunter's right, and Hunter had it blocked in the lane.

It is so hard to know exactly how they are doing defensively without knowing the responsibilities of everyone within the team defensive scheme.

Comment

• sidenote: porzingis is a great athlete. kind of like the eastern europen kevin durant (but a better shot-blocker).

Comment

• Baker hasn't played since the first quarter. The game is pretty much decided, which could be a factor in the play. The play was organized when Baker was in the game. It looks like a JuCo game right now.

Comment

• Was Baker running with the regular rotation players?
              You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Ron showed well. Good WSU mentions and lots of praise from the commentators.

He makes his team better. Period.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• In Baker's 4th quarter minutes, he's been nails on D. His guy is getting nothing and he's forced one TO when his guy had to make an off-balance pass at fairly high speed.

I haven't seen every minute, but I've only seen Baker miss one 3-ball. He's only got 7 points, but 4 assists, and the team plays organized ball when Baker runs the point.

Make it 10 points. swished a 3.

Make it 12 as Baker has gone on a 5-0 run. Baker interfered with the ball handler trying to bring the ball up. He lost the ball and Baker was all alone on the scoring end of the court. The equivalent of a pick-6 in football.
                  Last edited by Aargh; October 19, 2016, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• Baker finishes with 13 points on 5-6 shooting (3-4 from 3), 2 rebounds, 5 assists, 0 turnovers, and +13 +/-.
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

In Baker's 4th quarter minutes, he's been nails on D. His guy is getting nothing and he's forced one TO when his guy had to make an off-balance pass at fairly high speed.

I haven't seen e4very ,minute, buit I've only seen Baker miss one 3-ball. He's only got 7 points, but 4 assists, and the team plays organized ball when Baker runs the point.
                      Solid last couple minutes. Multiple tipped balls, a 3 ball followed by a breakaway 2

Comment

• Finished with 12 points, 5 assists, 2 boards. Shot 5-6 and 2-3 from beyond the arc. Impressive game

Comment

• Well. I do not know if Fred or Ron will make rosters, but it sure seems like they have done everything they possibly could within their control. They absolutely made their teams better when they were on the floor. We'll have to see what the folks with the purse-strings think.

Comment

• I only saw the last 10 minutes of the game but I thought Ron did a very nice job running the point for the Knicks during that time.

Comment

• I've been reading some of the Knick forums and Ron has become somewhat of a favorite with the posters. Based on that I think he has to be a roster lock since we all know that those who post on fan forums are extremely smart and rarely wrong.
                              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

I imagine it can be a little hard to go from a small town guy to having MSG be your home court and getting a lot of first quarter minutes on the parquet floor in Boston. Baker's handling it like he's been there before.
                                My wife said the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X