Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Assman

Comment

• Ron Baker is the best defensive guard I have seen play in the NBA this year.

Comment

• If the Knicks would quit letting the starters dig 25 point holes, these backups might be able to win some of these.

Comment

• I wonder if the commentators realize there is a game actually going on.

Comment

• Can somebody do a video montage of Baker the Shot to the Face Taker?

I swear to God, that man gets hit in the face more than anybody I've ever seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Root Angry View Post
              Can somebody do a video montage of Baker the Shot to the Face Taker?

I swear to God, that man gets hit in the face more than anybody I've ever seen.
              Seriously.. I used to joke with my friend that it's not a Shocker basketball game until Ron takes a shot to the face.

Comment

• When Bake first got here, I was told to get our there in the summer and watch him play. Baker was indeed a maker and I started crowing about just that right here. Coach Marshall once referred to him as not a 5 star when being recruited but a no * that became a star. As good as he was that summer, I did not yet project he would be an All American and later a player the NBA did not Draft but yet walked right in and found his niche with his team and the fans. RB is an ultimate "team first" player that demands respect. It is rare for a Program to find such a rising star that few bigger Programs even knew about or even wanted to give him a chance.

However, that is only part of the rest of the story still to come. For example, Ron was the one that prompted the crowd to acknowledge Seniors on the other team at the end of their paying against us and leads the cheers for his Knicks even when not playing. Ron was the one that found a young girl at random to cut the net for him during a celebration after the game was over. Yes, what an awesome player Ron Baker is but his legacy will run much deeper that his BB achievements. Ron is a class act that puts others ahead of himself and a great person. His legacy will continue to grow and will live on forever.
                Last edited by forevershockerfan; March 23, 2017, 08:41 AM.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Speaking of Ron - Anyone going to San Antonio to watch him play? I'm either going to SA or Dallas to watch Fred.
                  Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                    Speaking of Ron - Anyone going to San Antonio to watch him play? I'm either going to SA or Dallas to watch Fred.
                    When is Fred in Dallas? Might have to get tickets for that one
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerEngineer View Post
                      Seriously.. I used to joke with my friend that it's not a Shocker basketball game until Ron takes a shot to the face.
                      Not just at Shocker games. I think Ron could go to the movies and take a shot to the face.

www.postingandtoasting.com/platform/amp/2017/2/27/14749252/wassup-in-westchester-ron-baker-showed-off-his-point-guard-skills

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                        When is Fred in Dallas? Might have to get tickets for that one
                        Saturday - same time as Ron. 7:30, decided to probably go there.
                        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Rons in
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Bake getting some good run. Talking about how well he played on this court against Gonzaga in the tournament. Just drilled a 3.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• AC to be interviewed
                              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Took Baker out with 6 left. Bet they get blown out from here

Comment

Working...
                                X