No announcement yet.

MVC transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whatever happened to top-100 recruit (i think) kenny manigault?

Comment

• Anyone remember when Keith Bonds took it to the whole with AUTHORITY and flushed on the blowjays?

Whatever happened to him?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
        Anyone remember when Keith Bonds took it to the whole with AUTHORITY and flushed on the blowjays?

Whatever happened to him?
        Good question... that was one of the best pre-Tekele throw-downs I ever witnessed.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
          whatever happened to top-100 recruit (i think) kenny manigault?
          U of Pikeville Bears.

I think every Marshall transfer has benefitted all parties.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
            whatever happened to top-100 recruit (i think) kenny manigault?
            Playing professionally in Australia, I believe.
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

• Does anyone know how John Smith's career ended up at VCU?

I was a little surprised he ended going to such a little recognized school as that. I can't remember who, but someone on this board mentioned VCU's credentials just fairly recently. Maybe they'd know.

Comment

Does anyone know how John Smith's career ended up at VCU?

I was a little surprised he ended going to such a little recognized school as that. I can't remember who, but someone on this board mentioned VCU's credentials just fairly recently. Maybe they'd know.
                @KraRam:?
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Does anyone know how John Smith's career ended up at VCU?

VCU Archives. Then click on Cumulative Stats for 1994-95 and 1995-96.

Comment

• I found the University of Pikeville's stats and found Manigault listed for his Jr. year, but his Sr. year didn't show up. Could be that stats aren't as well maintained on the Net for DII or it could be Manigault didn't finish college. He was a 10.5 ppg, 4 boards. 1.6 assists, 1.7 TO's, 55% FG, 62% FT, 20% 3Pt.

I don't think he ever was a top-100 guy. Shox fans just got excited about having a 6'5" PG who turned out to be an average DII player.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      VCU Archives. Then click on Cumulative Stats for 1994-95 and 1995-96.
                      Oh. Underwhelming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        I found the University of Pikeville's stats and found Manigault listed for his Jr. year, but his Sr. year didn't show up. Could be that stats aren't as well maintained on the Net for DII or it could be Manigault didn't finish college. He was a 10.5 ppg, 4 boards. 1.6 assists, 1.7 TO's, 55% FG, 62% FT, 20% 3Pt.

I don't think he ever was a top-100 guy. Shox fans just got excited about having a 6'5" PG who turned out to be an average DII player.
                        I think he was a top 100 in one or two ranking evaluations wasn't he?

Comment

I think he was a top 100 in one or two ranking evaluations wasn't he?
                          This is about Manigault. If he was a top-100 under any evaluation, and turned out to be an average DII player, that should tell you something about player evaluations.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Kenny had a world of talent and almost no maturity. He got to college and realized that coeds were interested in him, and his basketball maturation was done.

Sometimes things just don't work out. He could have been great, but quite simply, he wasn't willing to put in ANY time to get there. I know his parents could not understand it, but it happens, to the best kids from the best families. Just another of a 1000 reasons why you never stop recruiting.

Comment

This is about Manigault. If he was a top-100 under any evaluation, and turned out to be an average DII player, that should tell you something about player evaluations.
                              No argument here. I've been watching ball long enough to make my own player evaluations.

Even McDonalds all-americans can, and often do, flame out historically, if you look back over the last 35 years.

I confess I got pretty geeked after watching Kenny in that all-star game (under-armour?) that was on ESPN his senior year. I honestly thought (wished?) I was looking at the next Nate McMillan, or Paul Pressey even. At 6'5" with a 7' wingspan who wouldn't?

Hell, I'm still waiting for the next Magic. Haven't we been introduced to abot 30 of 'em over the last 25 years?

Comment

I found the University of Pikeville's stats and found Manigault listed for his Jr. year, but his Sr. year didn't show up. Could be that stats aren't as well maintained on the Net for DII or it could be Manigault didn't finish college. He was a 10.5 ppg, 4 boards. 1.6 assists, 1.7 TO's, 55% FG, 62% FT, 20% 3Pt.

he was damn close to it.

south carolina poy, anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X