Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RussDaBus View Post
    Ty Taylor to UNC Wilmington.
    They had a good team this year which already put Kevin Keatts on a bunch of teams' radars. Keatts was also the coach at Hargave for almost a decade but that was before Taylor was there.

Comment

hmm.. good choice by him. he'll make some noise out there in carolina.

Comment

are they any good?

Comment

and any indications on if any other schools offered him?

Comment

Good to see Shocker trfr's going to legitimate D1 schools.

UNC-W plays in the CAA. Was 23-8 last year with an rpi of 52. They tied for 1st in the CAA, 3 games ahead of the 3rd place team.

The CAA was the 9th-ranked conference (by rpi) last year. The MVC was 13th.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Best wishes to Ty. I think he will actually benefit from the forced "redshirt" due to the transfer rules. Would not surprise me at all if he does some good things at UNC-Wilmington before he is through.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                Good to see Shocker trfr's going to legitimate D1 schools.

UNC-W plays in the CAA. Was 23-8 last year with an rpi of 52. They tied for 1st in the CAA, 3 games ahead of the 3rd place team.

The CAA was the 9th-ranked conference (by rpi) last year. The MVC was 13th.
                To be fair, other valley schools have had a number of transfers to legit D1 schools (see Ill. State). I don't think playing time was the motivating factor though.

Comment

Many if not all schools have lost a player because he was too good. I'm sure I'm forgetting someone, but Mo Evans is probably the last Shocker to fit that description, and he had an excuse losing his coach.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Many if not all schools have lost a player because he was too good. I'm sure I'm forgetting someone, but Mo Evans is probably the last Shocker to fit that description, and he had an excuse losing his coach.
                    I don't believe he lost his coach. Randy coached one more year after Mo left which left senior Perez carrying the load. I believe Perez would have left had he not been a senior.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      I don't believe he lost his coach. Randy coached one more year after Mo left which left senior Perez carrying the load. I believe Perez would have left had he not been a senior.
                      That's my recollection as well. I wonder thought, had he lost his coach, if he would have stayed.

Comment

Mo left the team prior to Smithson leaving, and pretty sure the reason was the mental abuse and overwork and punishments of conditioning at practice. Wasn't the overage's of practice times something they hit the program with?
                        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                          Mo left the team prior to Smithson leaving, and pretty sure the reason was the mental abuse and overwork and punishments of conditioning at practice. Wasn't the overage's of practice times something they hit the program with?
                          Mental abuse from Randy? No way. Lol

Comment

Probably Carlos Diggins. Wasn't that his name? That guy was abusive to kids at butler basketball camps.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                              Probably Carlos Diggins. Wasn't that his name? That guy was abusive to kids at butler basketball camps.
                              Correct, it was Diggins.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Yeah, everyone's right and I am wrong again. Randy had one more year after Mo.

Can anyone remember anyone else "trading up" ?

Comment

Working...
                                X