MVC transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Yeah, everyone's right and I am wrong again. Randy had one more year after Mo.

Can anyone remember anyone else "trading up" ?
    I'm going to get crucified for remembering these, but Clint Normore and Greg Dreiling come to mind. Normore transferred because of football, and Dreiling's move was, at the time, lateral.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Denzel Bowles? Had he signed? Little different either way.

Johnny Coy? :)

Comment

Many if not all schools have lost a player because he was too good. I'm sure I'm forgetting someone, but Mo Evans is probably the last Shocker to fit that description, and he had an excuse losing his coach.
        Does Gal Mekel count?

Comment

I only ask because he wasn't exactly too good in one sense, but he did leave because he was good enough to go pro in Israel. Even though he was a frustrating player, I think, had he stayed, our downward swing might have been curbed a tad. I do think he was a good player who could have been fantastic the next two seasons, but he also probably would have clashed with the Marshall Plan.

On one hand, I can see how having him stay could have actually ruined things, and on the other hand I can see how having him leave also could have been a part of worsening our 07-08 and 08-09 struggles. It's a tough call for me.

Comment

Gal was on Gregg's first team.
            78-65

Comment

Reggie Chamberlain transferred to UMKC after we lost to them 2 years in a row (he was here for one of them.)

Comment

Mo Evans was the last one and that was almost 20 years ago.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Best wishes to Ty. Give him another year to develop and I'll bet that lightning-quick release gives the rest of the CAA all sorts of fits.

Comment

Many if not all schools have lost a player because he was too good. I'm sure I'm forgetting someone, but Mo Evans is probably the last Shocker to fit that description, and he had an excuse losing his coach.
                    Actually, if Mo Evans had lost his coach sooner, he might have stayed. He and Smithson were oil and water.

Comment

• Randy was loyal to a fault. If he had dumped CD Mo would have probably toughed it out. As it was RS kept CD and both were gone post haste. Appreciate what RS tried to do but he was out of his element and had far too many demons to deal with.

Comment

• Adam Liberty wasn't someone who went to a better program but he seems in a different category than the recent transfers, more of a lateral move by someone pretty sure the coaches were hoping stayed.
                        Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• They can take our Liberty...

but they can never take...our...PREADOM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            They can take our Liberty...

but they can never take...our...PREADOM!
                            Wendell, whom I personally liked a lot( more as person than player) reached his pinnacle in his very first game as a Shocker and went down from there....

Comment

• He had an epic Shocker Madness scrimmage game once upon a time, as I recall.

It taught me many things about what to take away from Shocker Madness scrimmages.

Comment

• A.J. Hawkins (though he went D-2) was another transfer in a category similar to Liberty--someone with an important role in the rotation who left because of fit or to be closer to home. The last 5 years we have only lost guys at the end of the bench.
                                Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Working...
                                X