2016-17 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
    The inclusion within the MTE would be important since it would allow us to schedule 13 OOC games (like we did in 2013-14) rather than 12 if we just get the three games in the Bahamas as part of the tournament.
    I'm punchy.....will someone help my why the game with LBSU, if it comes to fruition, would be part of the Battle for Atlantis tournament?

Comment

• Good question, Doc -- maybe as an excuse to get in an extra game? I know stuff like that happens in some tournaments, but I've never understood the justification for it either.

Comment

• I mean, I understand when it's like UNI playing New Mexico last season. New Mexico was actually IN the Diamondhead Classic.

Unless I'm missing something, LBSU isn't in the Battle for Atlantis tourney.

Comment

• Ok, I found that in 3 of the last 4 seasons the B4A has had something called a mainland bracket comprised of 4 road apples.

None of them have been the quality of LBSU. So I guess they'll be a part of that bracket this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillR View Post
            1972Shocker, thanks for the information. BTW, the other player we lost was AJ Spencer, who is from Wichita.
            No, he was from outside Kansas City, and went to Hutch out of HS.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
            Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• It looks like Missouri State is trying the Evansville/SIU approach with their schedule. They should be one of the better teams but have zero chance at an at large already unless their preseason tourney is amazing. I added final 2016 RPIs in (). 2 exh/DII games, Only 1 Top 100 game, 2 100-200 Games, 5 >200 games with 3 of those over 300!!!

EDIT: Added Pre-season tourney. Only one possible Top 100 win there. The rest are >~200 RPI with 2 more possible 300+ games. Could even have a possible double game with DePaul (201) or SE Mo St (342). I believe that tourney will add 4 games to their schedule from those teams (Dec 17-22 games)

2016-17 Missouri State Men's Basketball Non-Conference Schedule
              Sat., Nov. 5 Missouri Baptist (Exh.) (N/A)
              Fri., Nov. 11 Alabama A&M (331)
              Sun., Nov. 13 Jacksonville State (311)
              Thu., Nov. 17 Fontbonne (???)
              Wed., Nov. 23 at DePaul (201)
              Sun., Nov. 27 North Dakota State (133)
              Sat., Dec. 3 at Air Force % (222)
              Wed., Dec. 7 at Southeast Missouri State (342)
              Sat., Dec. 10 Valparaiso (31)
              Wed., Dec. 14 Oral Roberts (155)
              Sat., Dec. 17 TBA #
              Mon., Dec. 19 TBA #
              Thu., Dec. 22 vs. TBA (Las Vegas)#
              Fri., Dec. 23 vs. TBA (Las Vegas)#
              March 2-5 MVC Tournament (St. Louis)

Looked up their preseason tournament:
              Hosts
              DePaul Blue Demons (201)
              Missouri State Bears
              USC Trojans (61)
              Wyoming Cowboys (186)

Visitors
              Chicago State Cougars (348)
              Cornell Big Red (242)
              Detroit Titans (198)
              Southeast Missouri Redhawks (342)
              Last edited by Stickboy46; June 22, 2016, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                It looks like Missouri State is trying the Evansville/SIU approach with their schedule. They should be one of the better teams but have zero chance at an at large already unless their preseason tourney is amazing. I added final 2016 RPIs in (). 2 exh/DII games, Only 1 Top 100 game, 2 100-200 Games, 5 >200 games with 3 of those over 300!!!

Sat., Dec. 17 TBA #
                Mon., Dec. 19 TBA #
                This is the kind of trash that should be getting people booted out of the MVC if Elgin had anything bigger than hamster balls. #F**kTheMVC
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Fontbonne?

Casey, help us out on this one. Please!
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                    This is the kind of trash that should be getting people booted out of the MVC if Elgin had anything bigger than hamster balls. #F**kTheMVC
                    Read my edit .. it gets worse.

Comment

It looks like Missouri State is trying the Evansville/SIU approach with their schedule. They should be one of the better teams but have zero chance at an at large already unless their preseason tourney is amazing. I added final 2016 RPIs in (). 2 exh/DII games, Only 1 Top 100 game, 2 100-200 Games, 5 >200 games with 3 of those over 300!!!

EDIT: Added Pre-season tourney. Only one possible Top 100 win there. The rest are >~200 RPI with 2 more possible 300+ games. Could even have a possible double game with DePaul (201) or SE Mo St (342). I believe that tourney will add 4 games to their schedule from those teams (Dec 17-22 games)

Sat., Dec. 17 TBA #
                      Mon., Dec. 19 TBA #

Looked up their preseason tournament:
                      Hosts
                      DePaul Blue Demons (201)
                      Missouri State Bears
                      USC Trojans (61)
                      Wyoming Cowboys (186)

Visitors
                      Chicago State Cougars (348)
                      Cornell Big Red (242)
                      Detroit Titans (198)
                      Southeast Missouri Redhawks (342)
                      I love stuff like this. Got time to do this for all the MVC teams? That'd be interesting.
                      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                        I love stuff like this. Got time to do this for all the MVC teams? That'd be interesting.
                        I just happened to come across their schedule. I don't know if all schools have released it. This just stuck out because it seems extra bad. I was expecting Mo State to be one of the better teams next year, but this basically means they wont get any respect and probably very little development before conference season and basically wasting a year unless they get hot in St. Louis.

Comment

• Yeah, it's not an overly ambitious schedule. Paul Lusk would like to keep his job though so there you have it.

I would prefer a tougher schedule obviously. But it would be nice to get off to a good start for a change and with this schedule that is certainly possible. Does it hurt the Valley's RPI/SOS or peception? I don't know and I definitely don't care. You don't schedule for the benefit of the conference you make your schedule out to help yourself. And this one should build our confidence which is desperately needed. We need a slump buster, man.

Since I was asked specifically about Fontbonne: I don't know. It's a small, private school in St. Louis. I once met a Fontbonne undergrad and apparently she thought I was dumb because I kept calling it FONT-BONE. It's evidently not pronounced that way but it's a really small school so how should I have known? At least Fontbonne is a real school. I mean a bunch of those D3 schools that UNI and Drake play sound made up. Wartburg and Morningside are both probably made up.

Comment

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
                            Yeah, it's not an overly ambitious schedule. Paul Lusk would like to keep his job though so there you have it.

I would prefer a tougher schedule obviously. But it would be nice to get off to a good start for a change and with this schedule that is certainly possible. Does it hurt the Valley's RPI/SOS or peception? I don't know and I definitely don't care. You don't schedule for the benefit of the conference you make your schedule out to help yourself. And this one should build our confidence which is desperately needed. We need a slump buster, man.

Since I was asked specifically about Fontbonne: I don't know. It's a small, private school in St. Louis. I once met a Fontbonne undergrad and apparently she thought I was dumb because I kept calling it FONT-BONE. It's evidently not pronounced that way but it's a really small school so how should I have known? At least Fontbonne is a real school. I mean a bunch of those D3 schools that UNI and Drake play sound made up. Wartburg and Morningside are both probably made up.
                            Its not ambitious at all is the problem. You are effectively eliminated from At-Large contention before the season starts. You could go all year and only lose to WSU and UNI and not make it in the tournament. You aren't helping the conference, you aren't helping yourself. This schedule does nothing to help anyone besides the coach who can parlay a good record against bad teams into an extension and a COY award (Barry .. looking at you).

Also, that mentality is exactly why the MVC is so bad. So maybe you should care.

Comment

• I looked at last year's non-con sos for the Valley and it was pretty bad. How MSU came back with just as horrible a schedule as last year is so sad.

2015/16 MVC Non-Con SoS
                              7 Ill St
                              25 WSU
                              41 UNI
                              73 Bradley
                              97 Ind St
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                              210 Evans
                              285 MSU
                              298 Drake
                              324 Loyola
                              325 SIU

I'd like to make the observation that the MVC's Coach of the Year, Barry Hinson won with a non-con sos of 325. Three hundred and twenty five.
                              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Its not ambitious at all is the problem. You are effectively eliminated from At-Large contention before the season starts. You could go all year and only lose to WSU and UNI and not make it in the tournament. You aren't helping the conference, you aren't helping yourself. This schedule does nothing to help anyone besides the coach who can parlay a good record against bad teams into an extension and a COY award (Barry .. looking at you).

Also, that mentality is exactly why the MVC is so bad. So maybe you should care.
                                I am in favor of teams scheduling with a reasonable expectation of winning greater than 75% of their games.

Evansville screwed up... I think MoState might be making a smart move.

Comment

Working...
                                X