2016-17 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    KU's lucky they were able to get a good buy game since The Beach were already going to be in Kansas.

LBSU has been around 100-150 in KenPom the last 4 years, and were 32 in 2012. Not sure what they have coming back for next year, but that certainly seems like a decent 'buy' game. If we can continue getting teams like this, I'd like to see us drop the DII regular season game.
    They lose Faust and a middling contributor whose name escapes me, but everyone else is back. I'd be surprised if they slip much (if at all) from last year's RPI of 84.

Comment

• Having the #1 OoC SoS is not out of the realm of possibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
        Having the #1 OoC SoS is not out of the realm of possibility.
        For LBSU? I agree.

Comment

Having the #1 OoC SoS is not out of the realm of possibility.
          We'll have a high one...no doubt. Not sure about the top one...you know, since Long Beach has that kind of tough schedule too...with most being road games.

Of course, we could have a Top 10 non-conference schedule, but like clockwork, we'll still catch hell in that "you don't play anyone" because our league schedule sucks.
          78-65

Comment

• San Diego State was #2 last year and they had 2 300+ teams. They were loaded at the top though.

Long Beach State was #1 last year and their worst game was Colorado State with an RPI of 181. So yeah, they will be #1 again, if anyone takes that spot from them I guess it would be a surprise.

Comment

• So with the addition of LBSU, that puts us at 10 for the non-con, right?

Home (5):
              Oklahoma State (IBA)
              Tulsa
              St Louis
              South Dakota State
              Long Beach State

Away (2):
              Oklahoma
              Colorado State

Neutral (3):
              Atlantis

I know we're still waiting on confirmation about LBSU, but that gets us to 10 non-con so far. What are we thinking to round it out? Another road game? A schedule filler like Newman or Emporia State again?
              Three things in life are constant- death, taxes, and Creighton losing in the first weekend of the tournament.

AAC or Bust!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFan87 View Post
                So with the addition of LBSU, that puts us at 10 for the non-con, right?

Home (5):
                Oklahoma State (IBA)
                Tulsa
                St Louis
                South Dakota State
                Long Beach State

Away (2):
                Oklahoma
                Colorado State

Neutral (3):
                Atlantis

I know we're still waiting on confirmation about LBSU, but that gets us to 10 non-con so far. What are we thinking to round it out? Another road game? A schedule filler like Newman or Emporia State again?
                I would guess one more home game and another road game. Our season ticket package seems to have included 15 home games (counting the single exhibition game) in recent years. With 9 MVC, 4 non-conference so far at Koch (obviously not including Oklahoma State), and an exhibition, that puts us at 14 Koch Arena games. I suppose we could try to add two more home games.

That said, I would guess another road game is coming, and if the staff deems this schedule tough enough, they might settle with a non-RPI D-II opponent for the final home game...unless another advantageous guarantee game could be found.
                78-65

Comment

• Tulsa is Nov. 16 btw

http://m.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/...d0fa60e87.html (mobile link)

Comment

That might be the regular season opener, or close to it.
                    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                      Does this mean Long Beach State is coming to "The Round House"

"Jeff ******* ‏@GoodmanESPN (11:30am CST, 06/13/16)

Dan Monson’s non-league slate is always insane. The may be best yet: Wichita, UNC, Louisville, UCLA, Washington, Kansas, Texas (all on road)"

https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN
                      I just hope our students can refrain from storming the court if we win against these guys. And we'll be lucky if our star player doesn't truck a cheerleader.

Comment

• Really happy with this schedule. Good mix of fun games and some tune up games.
                        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                          At this point WSU has nothing to gain by playing KSU.
                          Living up to your name, Veritas.

And to give ******* his due, that 49er non-con schedule is beyond insane.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                            Living up to your name, Veritas.

And to give ******* his due, that 49er non-con schedule is beyond insane.
                            LBSU could quite reasonably go 0-6 in that stretch. If they go 2-4 I'll be impressed.
                            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Nov. 11 — South Carolina State
                              Nov. 16 — Tulsa
                              Nov. 23-25 — Battle 4 Atlantis (Michigan State, Louisville, Baylor, LSU, VCU, Saint John’s, Old Dominion)
                              Dec. 3 — at Colorado State
                              Dec. 10 — Oklahoma at Oklahoma City
                              Dec. 17 — Oklahoma State at Intrust Bank Arena
                              Dec. 22 — South Dakota State
                              ▪ Saint Louis, in its first season under coach Travis Ford, will play at Koch Arena. The date is not set.
                              ▪ As ESPN’s Jeff ******* reported, Long Beach State is likely on WSU’s schedule. That contract is not final. Should the game happen, it will be part of the Battle 4 Atlantis and take place in Koch Arena as a guarantee game.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/shockwaves/article83652912.html#storylink=cpy

Comment

• South Carolina State isn't as bad as I thought on first instinct. They finished with an RPI of 203 which isn't bad for a MEAC school.

Comment

Working...
                                X