• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LSU will be borderline awful next year

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      That would be fine with me to play them first. Michigan State and Louisville will obviously be on opposite sides of the brackets as that is certainly the desired championship game. I would guess VCU would be our first opponent...maybe LSU or St. John's. This will be like Maui in 2010. We HAVE to win the first game of this tournament. Hopefully, Kemba Walker doesn't regain eligibility.
      78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        I honestly expect Evansville, given their history and the likelihood they will be down, to schedule the #351st best non-conference schedule next year. A schedule ripe with about 5 SWAC schools, at least 2 of Depauw, Earlham and Wabash, and a couple of multi-directional Valley similar teams such as Upper Iowa or SIU -Edwardsville.
        Maybe UE will schedule half of their games against Grambling and the other half against Florida A&M. If there is a scheduling conflict, then maybe they can fill with Chicago State. Maybe it would end up with a gaudy record of 33-0.
        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by mickeylegal View Post
          Question. Does anyone know for sure if the Battle 4 Atlantis is an all inclusive resort? I remember when the team played in Cancun that if you didn't stay at that resort, you were unable to attend the games. I'm looking at going and staying on Paradise Island but somewhere other than the Atlantis Resort. I want to make sure I can attend the games before booking. Thanks.
          Send email to interim AD Darron Boatright. dboatright@GoShockers:.com

If he does not know the answer, ask for a contact name and email address with the tournament sponsor.
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Here's a magical link directly to the free Bahamas trip entry:

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
              That would be fine with me to play them first. Michigan State and Louisville will obviously be on opposite sides of the brackets as that is certainly the desired championship game. I would guess VCU would be our first opponent...maybe LSU or St. John's. This will be like Maui in 2010. We HAVE to win the first game of this tournament. Hopefully, Kemba Walker doesn't regain eligibility.

Here is my guess on how the seeds will play-out (with 2015-16 RPI Rankings) for the Battle 4 Atlantis:

Seed #1 - Michigan State (RPI-12) - Big 10, 29-6 (13-5, 2nd)
              Seed #2 - Louisville (RPI-16) - ACC, 23-8 (12-6, 4th)
              Seed #3 - Baylor (RPI-27) - Big 12, 21-12 (10-8, 5th x2)
              Seed #4 - VCU (RPI-38) - A10, 25-11 (14-4, 1st x3)
              Seed #5 - Wichita State (RPI-39) - MVC, 25-9 (16-2, 1st)
              Seed #6 - LSU (RPI-94) - SEC, 19-14 (11-7, 3rd x3)
              Seed #7 - Old Dominion (RPI-141) - CUSA, 22-13 (12-6, 3rd x3)
              Seed #8 - Saint Johns (RPI-244) - Big East 7-24 (1-17, 10th)

With top bracket being #1 vs. 8 and #4 vs. #5

and bottom bracket being #2 vs. 7 and #3 vs. #6.

Wildcards as of now are if Louisville gets another year of post-season ban, transfer of players out of current teams, and players who are eligible during the start of the 2016-17 season.
              Last edited by WuShock Reaper; March 24, 2016, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                They weren't superb this year even with Ben "Diaper-Dandy" Simmons.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                  Here is my guess on how the seeds will play-out (with 2015-16 RPI Rankings) for the Battle of Atlantis:

Seed #1 - Michigan State (RPI-12)
                  Seed #2 - Louisville (RPI-16)
                  Seed #3 - Baylor (RPI-27)
                  Seed #4 - VCU (RPI-38)
                  Seed #5 - Wichita State (RPI-39)
                  Seed #6 - LSU (RPI-94)
                  Seed #7 - Old Dominion (RPI-141)
                  Seed #8 - Saint Johns (RPI-244)

With top bracket being #1 vs. 8 and #4 vs. #5

and bottom bracket being #2 vs. 7 and #3 vs. #6.

Wildcards as of now are if Louisville gets another year of post-season ban, transfer of players out of current teams, and players who are eligible during the start of the 2016-17 season.
                  Are any of the four teams you listed first expected to be as good as this year?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    Are any of the four teams you listed first expected to be as good as this year?
                    Don't know jack about VCU, but the other 3 are graduating some pretty big pieces of their teams.
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Get 2/3 at Atlantis and that's a winning situation... Knowing Marshall he'll win the whole thing like years past

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                        Don't know jack about VCU, but the other 3 are graduating some pretty big pieces of their teams.
                        Of the top 4 scorers they have, 2 of them are gone and the other 2 will be seniors.

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                          Get 2/3 at Atlantis and that's a winning situation... Knowing Marshall he'll win the whole thing like years past
                          2-1 is good only if one of those two wins happens in the first game. Barring upsets to Louisville or Michigan State in the first game, 1-2 on the winner's side of the bracket is probably better than 2-1 on the loser's side of the bracket. Again, see Maui Invitational 2010.
                          78-65

Comment

Nm

Comment

Originally posted by mickeylegal View Post
                              Question. Does anyone know for sure if the Battle 4 Atlantis is an all inclusive resort? I remember when the team played in Cancun that if you didn't stay at that resort, you were unable to attend the games. I'm looking at going and staying on Paradise Island but somewhere other than the Atlantis Resort. I want to make sure I can attend the games before booking. Thanks.
                              Atlantis can be either pay as you go or all inclusive. Lots of restaurants on property and a few adjacent that are less pricey. A bottle of water goes for $8.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                                2-1 is good only if one of those two wins happens in the first game. Barring upsets to Louisville or Michigan State in the first game, 1-2 on the winner's side of the bracket is probably better than 2-1 on the loser's side of the bracket. Again, see Maui Invitational 2010.
                                We played Iowa for the 7th place game in Orlando this year. It's pretty tough to say who is going to end up as a good win/loss, especially 8 months out.

Comment

Working...
                                X