2016 Valley All-Conference Teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by giskard View Post
    Interesting theory on that vote on MVCFans. BCPanther posted speculating that Marshall voted for Jacobsen because he would never vote for Muller.

That would explain how Jacobsen got 1 first place vote. . .
    I would say it's more likely that it is the exact opposite

Comment

• WSU honors the COY bonus anyways

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        HAHAHAHA. Okay now that is funny.

Comment

• THANK YOU

That is awesome. Keep him happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
            HAHAHAHA. Okay now that is funny.
            Can't let the man get screwed two years in a row. (Well mainly last year) This year was a toss up.

Comment

• I'm just glad to see Muller win at all costs and forego any punishments regarding his model group of citizens to win it.

A nice precedent for sure.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                I don't have any problem with Muller being COY. Wichita State was picked to win the conference in the preseason poll and Illinois State was picked second. So Illinois State did slightly better than predicted.
                Marshall is the reason we were picked first. It's not supposed to be most improved coach of the year.

Comment

Most encouraging sign yet that WSU is getting strong enough as a program to move past getting continually screwed by the league, whether they like it or not.

Comment

• I would have liked Gregg to win the award this year, and having a team of nothing but underclassman is a pretty good case. But Muller paced us at 17-1, they were without their best player for three weeks, they beat us at full strength, and we beat them without him. I think it is entirely understandable that Muller got the award.

Nothing remotely similar to last year's choice, which was an absolute joke.

Comment

• I'm not sure who gets to vote for whom. Dirty Dan or one of the isu-r voters probably voted for Jacobsen. It's not like DD hasn't done something along that line before.

Comment

• Boatright with a very politically correct explanation for the bonus.

Comment

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...136064278.html

Boatright with a very politically correct explanation for the bonus.
                          IMHO the important thing here is not the $25,000 bonus which is relatively insignifiant to a man making $3,000,000 per year but it is the gesture of recognition and appreciation for a job well done. These little things can go a long way if and when it might come down to a should I stay or should I go moment. Good move ADDB and thank you to those financial supporters who make this possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            IMHO the important thing here is not the $25,000 bonus which is relatively insignifiant to a man making $3,000,000 per year but it is the gesture of recognition and appreciation for a job well done. These little things can go a long way if and when it might come down to a should I stay or should I go moment. Good move ADDB and thank you to those financial supporters who make this possible.
                            Exactly, the explanation and the thought mean more than the bonus itself.

Comment

• Dirty Dan probably got a lot of credit for his community service rehabilitating the prison population. It's not easy to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                                Dirty Dan probably got a lot of credit for his community serviced rehabilitating the prison population.
                                Not sure there was much rehabiliation going on but Dirty Dan certainly deserves credit for his efforts to minimize prison over-crowding.

However, when it comes to NCOY voting he won't have a chance against the fine record of the Rug in those efforts.

Comment

Working...
                                X