No announcement yet.

2016 Valley All-Conference Teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I normally want to see UNI lose every game possible anyways...now I really hope SIU beats them tomorrow. Any way guys such as Baker and FVV aren't going to be extremely pissed enough to absolutely demolish them.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      Hefferman leaving Marshall completely off his ballot is likely what handed Hinson the award. So by not voting for Gregg, he effectively voted for Barry.
      This was exactly my sentiments
      When I challenged hefferman on Twitter he said coty should go to the coach who did the most with the least not to the win the most. I laughed because you judge a team on their wins. Plus 3g is the same coach who won national coach of the year in the past but in this league winning 3 championships in a row gets you a handshake. And the valley wonders why we feel slighted and want to leave the conference. Who is bringing all the schools money and making the conference relevant? Wsu who is hated by all the schools and consistently screwed by the valley wsu... #valleylogic

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxalum View Post
        When I challenged hefferman on Twitter he said coty should go to the coach who did the most with the least not to the win the most. I laughed because you judge a team on their wins. Plus 3g is the same coach who won national coach of the year in the past but in this league winning 3 championships in a row gets you a handshake. And the valley wonders why we feel slighted and want to leave the conference. Who is bringing all the schools money and making the conference relevant? Wsu who is hated by all the schools and consistently screwed by the valley wsu... #valleylogic
        A good coach doesn't have the least. A good coach recruited and has the most. Hefferman is a moron.

WSU is 51-3 with 3 outright MVC titles the last 3 years. Marshall won COY once in that span, when his team literally didn't lose a single game.

Did I mention I'm done with this conference? This isn't rainbows, unicorns and lollipops. This is big-time D1 athletics and big business. People have tens of thousands of dollars riding on things like this. Bullpoopiesticks like this are the real reason I ever get worried about Marshall leaving WSU. It has nothing to do with WSU does/doesn't have to offer, and everything to do with having to be continually associated with and held back by a bunch of green-ribbon shitheads.
        Last edited by Cdizzle; March 3, 2016, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• I like Barry but come on this is a joke. Everyone knows Marshall is the best coach in Valley History. We need Bardo to step up and go ahead and give Marshall the $25,000 bonus he should have gotten for being MVC COY.

Comment

• I can see the argument for Hinson, team achieved above expectations, etc. However, for voters to not even include HCGM in the top 3 of valley coaches is really, really dumb. You think there were 3 better coaches...wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxalum View Post
              SIU should graciously decline any NCAA shares from WSU then.

Comment

• I believe I read somewhere in the media love thread that wsu is one of 4(?) MVC teams to win the regular season 3 times in a row. That over 100 years of history but no accolades for the coach, just a pat on the back and maybe next time.
                I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• Yes and hefferman had wardle as his 3rd choice. Wardle better than marshall... Laughable. Our talent is great but unlike certain schools in the valley. 3g coaches them up into a team and gets the best out of that talent. We didn't just win we won by four games. We beat siu twice by 20. And it's not like barry finished in the top three they finished tied for fourth I say again #valleylogic. The press of these other schools are ridiculous and petty how they got jobs as reporters is beyond me

Comment

• Barry was picked 9th and finished 4th. Either that is a helluva coaching job or the prognosticators don't know their head from their azz.

Comment

• Originally posted by IdahoShocker View Post
                      I can see the argument for Hinson, team achieved above expectations, etc. However, for voters to not even include HCGM in the top 3 of valley coaches is really, really dumb. You think there were 3 better coaches...wow.
                      I agree. A case can be made for Hinson as #1 on your ballet. However, to not even list Marshall in the top 3 either means you're 1) a complete idiot or 2) you're gaming the system, essentially voting for Barry by not adding to Marshall's vote total.

I understand that it's just Valley coach of the year, it really doesn't mean anything compared to a regular season championship or tournament championship. And I'm sure Marshall would rather see himself snubbed than his players but it takes away from the integrity of the voting process when you have stuff like this going on.

In the end I can't be upset with Barry. He deserves to be recognized for (hopefully) putting SIU back on the path to relevance. I just don't agree with the machinations it took to give him the recognition.

Comment

• The Valley, where we have Loyola Chicago play Bradley on national tv and we give a coach COY for a 5th place finish. We know this is how it is. That is why we all hope to get out of this conference, and then the Valley can savor their mediocrity as a Sun Belt level conference.

Comment

• I guess winning the conference by four games, with a curb-stomping margin of victory, and coaching up the guys to be the #1 defense in the country isn't enough to be COY in the Valley...

Comment

• I'd be curious to see how many voted Hinson first and left Marshall completely off. That would tell me they voted in such a way to try and specifically exclude Marshall, rather than keeping with the integrity of the system. I just don't see any rationale for Marshall not being top 3 on every ballot not associated with WSU.

Comment

• It's unreal when going 51-3 in league games over three years only nets you one COY Award.

This reminds me of the many years where Gene wouldn't win COY even though his teams dominated the league.

Comment

• This is not a Valley thing. This happens in every league. They look at where the team was predicted to finish then see who "over achieved" at the end. I mean that's how Gregg won his 2nd COY in the Valley. After loosing Murry, Stutz, Kyles & Ragland WSU was predicted to take a big step back but finished 2nd.
                                If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

Working...
                                X