• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    Well,

We wont be on Monday, probably....

If I put my pollster brain on.
    Okay. Put your dime down. Are we on the outside?
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• I simply don't understand our zone offense...assuming we actually have one.

Comment

• "I'm not worried about free throws, are you?"
        When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
          Out rebounded by double digits again.
          Very surprising that it happens twice in a row.
          The Assman

Comment

We're ranked 21st. Do you really think this puts us on the outside?

Remember when Missouri State didn't make the tournament when they were ranked 24th?

I do.

But no, this doesn't put us on the outside. Everyone in crap conferences like us gets a freebie loss. We just can't lose another AND lose in the Valley tournament. If that happens, we're on the bubble I think. You can't have 8 losses in a season in a conference this horrific and feel comfortable about your footing in the NCAA Tournament. Especially with no real stand out amazing wins on our resume.

Comment

• I can't understand how we can collectively be such a poor shooting team. Ron is supposed to be a good shooter yet he's scoring less than 10 pts a game lately. MVP candidate? I hardly think so. Conner is supposed to be the best shooter 3G or Self has ever coached yet he's not much help either. McDuffie's gone quiet, Evan is shooting airballs. I've never seen us suck so bad all at the same time. We gotta get some stuff figured out quick.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post

Other at large contenders:

Work left to do: Wichita St, Monmouth, Saint Mary's, Gonzaga

Wichita St [17-5 (11-0), RPI: 31, SOS: 90]

Hell yes we still have bubble talk. We have a 4-4 record versus the top 100, 1-3 against top 50 with an average RPI and THANKYOUMVC SoS. And now we have a loss to a terrible team while fully healthy that should damper the talk about seeding us higher cause we are actually much better than our record. Because Illinois State is a worse team than any of those we lost to in Orlando. If you think we get another bad loss (and they are ALL bad losses), you are the delusional one.
                Your feigned anger over us losing a basketball game is growing old and tiresome

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                  The Zone D has always been a challenge for GM's teams. Tonight was no different. Kudos to ISU, they wanted it more. RB's body language was awful tonight, he was moping around out there like someone pissed in his Wheaties. Oh well, it was highly unlikely we'd go undefeated in the regular season anyway. Back-to-back games where we got out rebounded badly. That's gotta change too.
                  Yep. I've seen that against the zone so many times. They just jack 3s and most of the time, it falls, the team leaves the zone. But sometimes this happens. I've seen it too much. What I don't get is we did break it inside and didn't go back to it. Or it would get in just to go back out.

Comment

Ron and Fred 5 for 21 and they both hit their first shots of the night.
                    They are both great players, but if Kennedy refers to them as All-Americans one more time, I may throw up, I have as much chance being named to a post season All-American list as they do.

Comment

Okay. Put your dime down. Are we on the outside?
                      Not on the outside.

We wont be ranked
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Ron is in a bit of a slump along with Conner..we need those guys to step up.

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
                          Remember when Missouri State didn't make the tournament when they were ranked 24th?

I do.

But no, this doesn't put us on the outside. Everyone in crap conferences like us gets a freebie loss. We just can't lose another AND lose in the Valley tournament. If that happens, we're on the bubble I think. You can't have 8 losses in a season in a conference this horrific and feel comfortable about your footing in the NCAA Tournament. Especially with no real stand out amazing wins on our resume.
                          People need to stop bringing up Missouri State. They finished 3rd or 4th in the conference that year. Their RPI was an abberation due to the Valley being really strong. They didn't beat the top teams in the Valley, there were a lot of holes in that resume.

Comment

• Originally posted by seskridge
                            Serious question, have we won a close game this year??
                            Does winning by 3 against Evansville count as close?
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I hope them chumps enjoy 3rd place
                              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• We had a less than 50% chance of running the MVC going into this game, I believe it was mentioned, according to Kenpom. Calm down everyone.

We've already taken care of UE, so it's not like there was a "good loss" left on the schedule. Road games are hard, and weird ish happens in Normal when the 1-12 athletes actually play like... you know... athletes.

They get to come to CKA and be the sacrificial lamb to the capping off of some of the best players this conference has every seen. And yes, we need out of this poor sister conference cesspool where wins do you little good, and loses kill.

Comment

Working...
                                X