Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    I would bet on fouls.

He has been trying to protect players with 2 fouls in the first 1-2 minutes of the 2nd half. I think it is brilliant, and have advocated for it for years. Probably greater than 50% of the time officials call a multitude of fouls early in the 2nd half, often more 'ticky-tack' than what was allowed in the 1st half. Marshall starting reserves not in foul trouble allows the team to absorb this without getting starters in foul trouble for the rest of the game.

It has worked great since he started doing it last year.
    Damn tootin

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      He sure did. One other thing; just focus on Zach's feet before and after the shot; it looks like he went a step past vertical trying to block the shot. It was a good acting job, but still a legitimate foul.

The call that upset me the most (that's splitting hairs) was the 'free-ball' near mid-court where Zach and the MSU player both jumped up to get it; they ended up calling a foul on Zach when he had better position and out-jumped the MSU player. Should have been a no-call with the Shockers heading for a breakaway dunk (of course we might have missed the dunk). Would like to see that play in a 'gif' also.
      Done: http://gfycat.com/BlackFreeGrunion

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
        Are you talking about this one? http://gfycat.com/IndolentSecondaryGull
        It was a foul. Period.

That is all.
        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
          It was a foul. Period.

That is all.
          It was a foul and flop on the same play.

Comment

This one I agree with.
            RH did not have a good game and needs to think about retirement.
            BF is a good complimentary official, but it's a good thing MS was there. He is top shelf.

That is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              It was a foul and flop on the same play.
              If he was fouled (he was), then its not a flop.

Check out HCGM's reaction. He knew it too.

That is all.

Comment

That is all.
                Watching it in slow-mo, it looked like a flop bailed out by an actual foul to me. Either Marcus Smart would not be impressed.

Comment

That is all.
                  Completely disagree. A hand touching the forearm does not cause the head to get thrown back and for you to fly back 10 feet.

It was a flop, maybe not by ncaa rule definition, but was definitely a flop and SHOULD be equally punished as the hand to the forearm.

Comment

That is all.
                    I agree that it was a foul. I just disagree that it can't be both a foul and a flop. That guy was clearly acting it up. Zach's hand didn't come close to his head and then when he hit the ground he pushed back to make it look like the collision knocked him back to half-court. I just think it's hilarious the way the guy reacted.

Comment

I agree that it was a foul. I just disagree that it can't be both a foul and a flop. That guy was clearly acting it up. Zach's hand didn't come close to his head and then when he hit the ground he pushed back to make it look like the collision knocked him back to half-court. I just think it's hilarious the way the guy reacted.
                      Agreed, the proper way that should be handled is FT for ISU, then FT and the ball for WSU. That's probably not how the rule is written, but until they actually punish flops, they just keep getting worse

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        15 assists for Ron and Fred combined last night. Just another example of how good those 2 are. Frankly, 95%+ of players of their stature get tossed in a game like that when they have to put up with the total bullshit those 2 did.

If you're an AA, and you're getting HAMMERED every time and get NO calls (combined TWO freaking FTs are you KIDDING ME) you should go ape ****. Not those 2...they just win.

How do you go on the road, get called for almost TWO TIMES the fouls when you lead for more than half the game (28-15), go 5-13 from the line vs 26-41 for the home team...read that again....they MADE TWICE as many FTs as we shot) and still whip the other team so bad you play some odd lineup of 2 walkons and 3 deep bench guys for the last 3 minutes?

Nurger gave the team a solid 20 minutes tonight. Solid D is the #1 goal for him. Maybe just a good game against a small team, but it was still nice.

Frankamp 4-8 from 3. Still shooting 50% since his 1st make. May have to up my prediction of 45% threes the rest of the way. Everyone thinks he's on fire...nope.

McDuffie is becoming the poster child for how to play for 3G as a freshman. Play defense, make the easy play, don't try and do too much. 18-9. No turnovers. That works young man.

Daquon Miller is a nice player for the Bears. Church could be some day. Lots of upside. But no offense, let's be real. Neither would make our team. McDuffie is light years ahead of Church. But I bet someone else gets freshman of the year. Just like Giddy will get POY when Baker is twice the player. Oh well, cut nets and get sized for rings.
                        Bench: 45 points + 25 rebounds
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

It was a foul. Period.

That is all.
                          Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                          How about the above one?

Comment

Guys,
                            I hear you and understand your point. However, if ZB doesn't make contact with an airborne shooter, nothing comes from this play (other than a missed shot).
                            Keep in mind we take shooters 'up and down' to protect them while in a vulnerable position. We discuss this at length before each game and it highly emphasized by the Rules Committee.
                            Coaches are part of the Rules Committee and every one instructs their players to 'confirm' what the official observes when there is contact when shooting.

On the flip side, it's a P.O.E. this year to pay close attention to shooters and ensure THEY do not initiate contact while in a shooting motion.
                            You may recall a number of savvy shooters who use the leg whip while in air to initiate contact with a defender, who has a legal guarding position.

We are watching it closely from both perspectives this year.

That is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                              How about the above one?
                              See comment above. I did not agree with the call.

That is all.

Comment

Had to look at this one several times. I defer to ShockRef. After all I'm just a lowly JV official. *shrugs*

Comment

Working...
                                X