WSU @ Missouri State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
    Easy foul call imo. Brown jumps into the MSU player and basically pulls him down. I see that as an easy one. They missed a lot last night but got that one right
    Woof. It's important when viewing this play to remember that the MSU player has no more right to the ball than the WSU player.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
      How about the above one?
      Ya Brown didnt even touch him
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Two refs on this thread with differing opinions on these calls lol

Comment

Easy foul call imo. Brown jumps into the MSU player and basically pulls him down. I see that as an easy one. They missed a lot last night but got that one right
          To me, ZB keeps his hands up high, avoiding contact with the Bares player. There was no pulling him down. The Bares player just jumped too high and couldn't keep his feet underneath him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerGorilla View Post
            To me, ZB keeps his hands up high, avoiding contact with the Bares player. There was no pulling him down. The Bares player just jumped too high and couldn't keep his feet underneath him.
            Forget that post, I've edited it. I hit send too soon. After looking at it again, I'm not sure it was a foul..

Comment

Had to look at this one several times. I defer to ShockRef. After all I'm just a lowly JV official. *shrugs*
              Way to change your answer. By the way, your mic's on.

Comment

• I hate to whine about ref calls. I try not to do it. I know the job is difficult and in the end, no one is happy.

My restraint is challenged by those egregious calls or non-calls, where everyone in the field house takes exception to the call.

The non-call on #5 on Ron's break away lay-up drives me nuts. There was no player clutter to block the ref's sight lines and views. It is an easy call. All three let it go. You just have to wonder.
                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Had to look at this one several times. I defer to ShockRef. After all I'm just a lowly JV official. *shrugs*
                  This one bugged me too and apparently Marshall as well by evidence of the thrown clipboard which he quickly picks up. Now weather he threw it out of frustration at ZB or the officials only he knows.

Comment

• Nm
                    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerGorilla View Post
                      Way to change your answer. By the way, your mic's on.
                      First down! Lol

Comment

Agreed it is a tough call and understand why BF hit it.
                        Keep in mind he had a millisecond to make the call and there WAS contact. Also, the camera has a totally different angle than BF had.
                        Although from the camera angle it appears to be two players equally going high for an inbound, BF is looking at it from a different point. I can certainly understand his call.

That is all.
                        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                          I hate to whine about ref calls. I try not to do it. I know the job is difficult and in the end, no one is happy.

My restraint is challenged by those egregious calls or non-calls, where everyone in the field house takes exception to the call.

The non-call on #5 on Ron's break away lay-up drives me nuts. There was no player clutter to block the ref's sight lines and views. It is an easy call. All three let it go. You just have to wonder.
                          Agreed, that was very obvious. It was a forearm to the face.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                            Another Kendrix flailing job. Is this gonna be that guy's thang for his career?

There is NO way in hell that was a foul. Another turnover and two points taken off the board.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                              Two refs on this thread with differing opinions on these calls lol
                              I lol'ed.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                Another Kendrix flailing job. Is this gonna be that guy's thang for his career?

There is NO way in hell that was a foul. Another turnover and two points taken off the board.
                                I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night or anything, so I can't comment from the perspective of officiating, but yeah, that was the worst "foul" of the whole night.

Comment

Working...
                                X