Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    Two refs on this thread with differing opinions on these calls lol
    I should have been a ref; my wife has been giving me the business (the wrong kind of business) lately… the moon must be causing it.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Attached Files
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
        Guys,
        I hear you and understand your point. However, if ZB doesn't make contact with an airborne shooter, nothing comes from this play (other than a missed shot).
        Keep in mind we take shooters 'up and down' to protect them while in a vulnerable position. We discuss this at length before each game and it highly emphasized by the Rules Committee.
        Coaches are part of the Rules Committee and every one instructs their players to 'confirm' what the official observes when there is contact when shooting.

On the flip side, it's a P.O.E. this year to pay close attention to shooters and ensure THEY do not initiate contact while in a shooting motion.
        You may recall a number of savvy shooters who use the leg whip while in air to initiate contact with a defender, who has a legal guarding position.

We are watching it closely from both perspectives this year.

That is all.
        Would it be appropriate for a ref to talk to a player about "hamming it up" in a situation like that? At least tell him he's no Manu Ginobili?
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Anybody got video of that baker dunk? I know someone said it was on ESPN top 10 but I missed that this morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
            Anybody got video of that baker dunk? I know someone said it was on ESPN top 10 but I missed that this morning.
            I've actually been searching the ESPN site to no avail. Eventually it should be posted. I'd like to see a 'gif' of the dunk.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
              Anybody got video of that baker dunk? I know someone said it was on ESPN top 10 but I missed that this morning.
              https://twitter.com/JustMe_Z_235/status/687771579917324288

Comment

• A clickable link: https://twitter.com/JustMe_Z_235/sta...71579917324288

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Thanks.. Posting on mobile sometimes makes it a link, sometimes doesn't

Comment

• First - it was great to see a lot of Shocker fans last night. The last game that I attended was the Tulsa loss when FVV injured himself so I was definitely glad to see us kicking butt. My seats were in the 11th row near center court so I could pretty much see and hear everything that was going on during the game. Here are a few things I noticed.

When Kendrix flopped, I thought ZB tazed him or something. It was a foul but I've seen worse not get called. What an embarrassing over-reaction. I don't know how serious WSU was about recruiting Kendrix - I'm glad MSU landed him.

Watching Live - I thought that ZB fouled Kendrix on the tipped pass that could have been a breakaway. Looking at the replay - I'm not so sure. It happened right in front of me.

I sat right behind the MSU Head Football Coach. Even though Old Mo was on his best behavior, I got a couple of "looks" from him. I'm kinda proud of myself.

It was obvious that a couple of the zebras were in over their heads. It seemed like all MSU had to do was throw the ball into the post and the whistle would blow. Several times our guys were standing there with their hands straight up and they would call a hold.....very strange. The inconsistency was baffling.

I thought our guys....especially FVV and RB held their composure when most would have been melting down (see Malcom Armstead). You can see the young guys emulating that attitude that FVV and RB carry. I have a feeling that we will enjoy the FVV/RB effect for many years.

I cannot imagine Markis with 20 - 25 more lbs. He's already a load.

Kelly missed that dunk but was pretty solid other wise IMO.

I guess the big thing I notice was our guys are Men and MSU looked like a HS team. I listened to the local sports talk show this morning and they were raving about our athletes and went on and on about where the WSU program is and how they hope Lusk is taking note.

IMHO, I think some of the foul calls was MSU's guys flat our being weak and not able to handle our strength. Every time that someone bumped into an MSU player - they would go flying. When our guys came out for pregame - I heard what amounted to a collective OMG !!!

The only connection WSU has to MSU is the league affiliation. At this time the two programs have no resemblance.

It's a great day to be a SHOCKER !!

Comment

• Who are you to talk about officials being in over their head? Do you have a list of qualifications and achievements? How dare you...
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Sat om row 12 in section D next to a very nice lady bear fan and her somewhat loud and opinionated husband. We made nice chit chat before the game and he seemed like an ok guy. After WSU started to exert themselves and after RBs according to mr bear fan a lowered shoulder blocking foul that should have been a charge he commented on literally EVERY teams possession and yelled at least half of the time. His wife is a saint because she probably has to put up with this every game, if he had gotten half of his calls called WSU would not have had a player left to compete. I spent most of my comments on the two young students telling them about our different players. The funniest part was when CF hit three in a row and I informed them he was the City league scoring champ and had transferred from ku. One of their response's was..."Oh good. Another reason to hate him." The student section was filled and they had a guy and some gal leading student participation cheers and really did a nice job. The fans and students started leaving in fairly large groups by the 10 minute mark in the 2nd half. With 5 minutes left more than half had already departed. Did not see them hawking the Wichita is not a State shirts like they did last year. An interesting story by mr not so nice bear fan was he said Winthrop had come to msu for a bracket buster game and he noticed 3G and his job of coaching. Mr not so nice bear fan said he went to their AD and said..."Fire Barry and Hire the Winthrop coach cause he can coach."

Comment

• They didn't give away all their maroon Wichita State t-shirts, so they're giving them away at the tennis game now.

Maybe they should put it together that if there is a surplus of t-shirts after the give away, maybe the demand for the product isn't there.
                          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• It'd also help to not invest in something you have lost 11 straight games against.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                              They didn't give away all their maroon Wichita State t-shirts, so they're giving them away at the tennis game now.

Maybe they should put it together that if there is a surplus of t-shirts after the give away, maybe the demand for the product isn't there.
                              If I remember correctly the shirt design was the same as they handed out last year. Makes me think they over purchased last year and those same 100 fans that picked them up won't want the same tshirt 3 years in a row.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                                They didn't give away all their maroon Wichita State t-shirts, so they're giving them away at the tennis game now.

It's not working very well because WSU easily won all three doubles matches (6-0, 6-1, 6-2) to win the doubles point. Singles matches just getting started.

Comment

Working...
                                X