No announcement yet.

Evansville game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our cheerleaders can't rebound for sh!t.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Now, John manages the situation....no foul on a borderline 50/50 call, ball to WSU. Ooops...go to the monitor. Over rule the managing....Aces ball. You could tell John wasn't all that happy.
      I agree with the majority of your post. Higgins rewarded us with the ball instead of calling the foul. But I couldn't disagree more with the fact that it was a borderline 50/50 call.

Comment

• That was not 50/50 call. That was blatantly obvious, as shown in another thread. It also would have been his 5th, and would have ended the game. Of course, he picked up his 6th on a giant over the back under the basket on the other end like 35 seconds later, but they seemed to miss that one as well.

Again, we won that last 3 minutes so hard it's crazy. On the bright side, they tend to not get in the way of great plays like the one Zach Brown made in the NCAA tournament, and Fred tends to suddenly start getting the calls he hasn't all year. Unfortunately this year, we are in danger of not getting to that point, and need it not screwed up for us between now and March.

Comment

• Shaq only played 14 minutes. Seems like that is his ceiling. Oh, and why they didn't whistle him for his 4th on that moving screen at the top of the key is beyond me.
          Last edited by pinstripers; January 7, 2016, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            Shaq only played 14 minutes. Seems like that is his ceiling. Oh, and why they didn't whistle him for his 4th on that moving screen at the top of the key is beyond me.
            Midseason and maybe Grady is hitting his stride and settling in like the better newcomers do around this time? Let's hope so! If so Shaq's 14 minutes will be just what we need.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I worry though that while tuning the machine to run good with Grady at the 5 in the MVC might work fine, come NCAA crunch time it won't. Dude is the smallest starting (or close to it) center I can recall at WSU in the Turgeon and Marshall eras, and neither ever knocked the lights out in recruiting that position.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                Maybe SN could take up a collection and buy you one of them handy dandy quarter driven vibrating beds? Or mighten this be meddling on our part?
                I'm ready for my intervention. I drink heavy on Monday's, gamble hard on Wednesday's, do stuff I would rather not discuss on Thursday's. I'm available the rest of the week.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                  I worry though that while tuning the machine to run good with Grady at the 5 in the MVC might work fine, come NCAA crunch time it won't. Dude is the smallest center I can recall at WSU - by far - in the Turgeon and Marshall eras, and neither ever knocked the lights out in recruiting that position.
                  He's bigger than Carter, Hall, and Thomasson, off the top of my head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    He's bigger than Carter, Hall, and Thomasson, off the top of my head.
                    In pure height maybe, not girth/build though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      Fred's leg must still be hurting him. His best defense is face to face when he can use his hands to get steals, not chasing guys all over the court. He's not fast enough for that when 100% healthy let alone on a gimpy leg.

he looked slow trying to cover some screens and such and got beat to the basket a couple times and I saw him immediately snap at some of the other guys ( i think kelly or brown). He just looked off at times on both sides of the ball. I also truly believe he had above the 3 turnovers he was credited with. I still believe the team runs through him and is 100 times better with him at the point. I also noticed they rotated baker in Fred's spot at multiple times and even had baker and conner together taking turns.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                        I worry though that while tuning the machine to run good with Grady at the 5 in the MVC might work fine, come NCAA crunch time it won't. Dude is the smallest starting (or close to it) center I can recall at WSU in the Turgeon and Marshall eras, and neither ever knocked the lights out in recruiting that position.
                        Guards are probably the key in the tournament. And Grady dropped 19 at Tulsa and 17 last night. Not worried in the slightest about him. We just have an overall lack of height compared to some teams (Kentucky and North Carolina come to mind).
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          The officiating was good last night for the most part, as it always is when Higgy's in charge.

That being said, here's a problem. Officials managing the game. John passed on Giddy's 5th when Fred went to the cup near the end of the game.

He gave the ball to WSU instead of the foul. Fred jumped into Giddy...which he had the right to do because Giddy jumped into him (I initially thought he went straight up but he didn't and clearly fouled Fred).

Now, John manages the situation....no foul on a borderline 50/50 call, ball to WSU. Ooops...go to the monitor. Over rule the managing....Aces ball. You could tell John wasn't all that happy.

What was bad was the other end of the court on the very next possession. Brown erases DJ and gets the foul...SERIOUSLY? Bert blew that HUGE. Maybe there was a TOUCH of body, but it didn't affect the shot and Brown had all ball, maybe 2 feet out of DJ's hand.

Managing the game doesn't necessarily work in that case, because you can only check who it went out of bounds on in the last...2 minutes is it? I'm not sure. But I think you have to officiate differently now in those last couple of minutes. Don't pass on a call if you think you can make it right with the OOB call.
                          Higgins tried to get the ball to us before EU could ask for a video review. Unfortunately, our players didn't seem to understand the risk. At the time I couldn't understand why Fred allowed the team to take so much time. He knew it was off of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                            Guards are probably the key in the tournament. And Grady dropped 19 at Tulsa and 17 last night. Not worried in the slightest about him. We just have an overall lack of height compared to some teams (Kentucky and North Carolina come to mind).
                            Luckily, we don't have to play @Kentucky: or @UNC, so it should be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              Our cheerleaders can't rebound for sh!t.
                              screwed that old guy out of ashley furniture $$ lol. They just stood around watching the balls roll away, even the crowd let them have it.

Whatever happened at half time with the cheerleaders or dance group/squad was REALLY ROUGH. They almost dropped at least 5-6 of the girls. It was entertaining only because it was such a trainwreck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                                Luckily, we don't have to play @Kentucky or @UNC, so it should be fine.
                                Exactly.
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X