No announcement yet.

Redshirting May Not Be a Player Option This Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gregg does a great job developing Point Guards. Fred also played some shooting guard early on the Final Four team with Armstead being our Point Guard. Early in the year, he wasn't ready. It wasn't until later in the year, that Fred began to be depended on more. While some seem to have written off Conner as a Point Guard, I'm still hoping that he can develop into one. At this time, Gregg is looking at both Shamet and Frankamp as possible point guards in addition to Taylor and Ron of course.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      At this time, Gregg is looking at both Shamet and Frankamp as possible point guards in addition to Taylor and Ron of course.
      Fact or opinion?
      Livin the dream

Comment

if wichita state can't find somebody that can hit the baseline jumper consistently, a 'la keith wilkes, against anybody, then they won't win the national championship this year. 'just that simple.

must be mcduffie or:
        Last edited by another shocker; November 1, 2015, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
          if wichita state can't find somebody that can hit the baseline jumper consistently, a 'la keith wilkes, against anybody, then they won't win the national championship this year. 'just that simple.

must be mcduffie or:
          watched zach brown lately?
          Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by ROOT ANGRY! View Post
            watched zach brown lately?
            that's a good start. i forgot about him, for some reason. but now you know.. no baseline jump shots, no national championships (or ku/uni wins). guaranteed. 'can't redshirt mcduffie.

Comment

For some reason I think McDuffie is going to be important to the team's success this year.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                Fact or opinion?

Some assumptions involved. The other day Sully reported Marshall saying that he didn't know where Conner would fit in yet. He may play PG, 2 guard or he may move Baker to the 3 to make room for Conner.

We'll find out more tomorrow on the coaches show maybe. Gregg has never held back.

Comment

Here's a fact Jack! We... :)

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                    that's a good start. i forgot about him, for some reason. but now you know.. no baseline jump shots, no national championships (or ku/uni wins). guaranteed. 'can't redshirt mcduffie.
                    Baseline jump shots were important in the Jamie Thompson days...not so much in today's game.

Comment

As far as McDs size, just sayin....
                      Attached Files
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

I'm starting to swing a bit toward McDuffie getting minutes at the 4, even though he could struggle defending guys 30 - 40 poounds heavier.

That would put Hamilton into the RS discussion. Hamilton isn't ready now. McDuffie might be more ready even though he doesn't have the physical attributes for a typical PF.

If I knew how this should all shake out, I'd probably be making 6 or 7 figures as a D-1 coach. I'm not making $.02 as a Biddy coach.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

One other thought about Nurger. If the referees indeed go back to calling super tight games, and if we have any centers prone to foul problems (ahem), then Nurger could be pretty important.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

One can easily tell from my posting history that I like RN. Having made that clear, I think he has
                            received a bum rap defensively. Many if his fouls were pretty weak last year. Until he got sick
                            the second half of the season and lost weight and playing time most people, including me, were pretty
                            high on him. I specifically focused on his defense at the SM scrimmage. I don't recall anything
                            being scored on him in the paint and he played most of the twenty minutes. EH did make one well
                            defended fade away just outside of the paint but if we limit opposing centers to those types of shots
                            we will do very well defensively as a team. I thought he played with as much energy as anyone in
                            the scrimmage. He looks healthy and has a huge wing span. He moved his feet/lower body very well
                            and always had those long arms up and waving. I am confident he will be a valuable contributor,
                            especially should one of the other centers go down for some reason or get in foul trouble. He could
                            even be the starter by February. He is going to push AG and SM for time.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                              One can easily tell from my posting history that I like RN. Having made that clear, I think he has
                              received a bum rap defensively. Many if his fouls were pretty weak last year. Until he got sick
                              the second half of the season and lost weight and playing time most people, including me, were pretty
                              high on him. I specifically focused on his defense at the SM scrimmage. I don't recall anything
                              being scored on him in the paint and he played most of the twenty minutes. EH did make one well
                              defended fade away just outside of the paint but if we limit opposing centers to those types of shots
                              we will do very well defensively as a team. I thought he played with as much energy as anyone in
                              the scrimmage. He looks healthy and has a huge wing span. He moved his feet/lower body very well
                              and always had those long arms up and waving. I am confident he will be a valuable contributor,
                              especially should one of the other centers go down for some reason or get in foul trouble. He could
                              even be the starter by February. He is going to push AG and SM for time.
                              Good post. I'm interested to see where he ends up.

One note on how good he looked at Shocker Madness.... it might not be a coincidence this coincided with the absence of SM, AG, BWam et. al. I thought it was tough to take a lot away from both Nurger and Hamilton at Shocker Madness except that they were both extremely active and playing hard for nearly the entire run with little rest, and there is nothing not to like about that.

Comment

The thing I like most about this thread is that no matter who if anyone ends up redshirting, we are talking about the possibility of redshirting some players who would have been significant contributors if not starters not all that long ago. That's pretty damn cool.
                                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                                X