Redshirting May Not Be a Player Option This Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    One other thought about Nurger. If the referees indeed go back to calling super tight games, and if we have any centers prone to foul problems (ahem), then Nurger could be pretty important.
    I had forgotten that Nurger was also set back in practice early last year by missing three weeks -- and how important is three weeks of practice to someone just coming into Marshall's program? -- while his foot recovered from a stress reaction. So between that and his illness / weight loss, last year may not have been a very good indication of what Rauno can do.

This could be another of those three-headed monster seasons for the Shocks at center, with the three being Morris, Wamukota, and Nurger.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
      This could be another of those three-headed monster seasons for the Shocks at center, with the three being Morris, Wamukota, and Nurger.
      That would be a very diverse-ly skilled monster. You've got a guy for literally every situation.

Comment

I love the 3 headed monster at center. That leaves the 4 open for Grady and Kelly, with maybe Shaq sliding over as needed. That's a lot of size and lot of fouls to give underneath.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
          That would be a very diverse-ly skilled monster. You've got a guy for literally every situation.
          No kiddin' ... we can go Euro! we can go smash mouth! we can go fly swatta!
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            No kiddin' ... we can go Euro! we can go smash mouth! we can go fly swatta!
            And if the other team is REALLY out of line, we can unleash Chuck Norris, the 6'4" PF on them.

Comment

And if the other team is REALLY out of line, we can unleash Chuck Norris, the 6'4" PF on them.
              I think the only time Evan Wessel will play the 4 is if Baker is playing the 3 while Frankamp is at the 2. Or maybe Brown is at the 3 and Wessel moves to the 4.

Comment

Nah, if the other team is really out of line, unleash Hamilton on 'em. Probably only take 2 or 3 of his 5 fouls and they'd be coloring inside the lines like good little boys and girls.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I guess it's official. Nurger has elected to redshirt according to Marshall.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                    I guess it's official. Nurger has elected to redshirt according to Marshall.
                    Or been "elected" to red shirt.

Comment

I don't mind that at all...

Although Bush Dubya looked like he needs to redshirt today.

Having Rauno back for another year just keeps us strong. He seemed like an unlikely shirt, but if he wants it, more power to him.

Comment

Marshall said some others might redshirt, too.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

He said we'll see if any of the freshman decide to redshirt.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

I thought our best bigs were Anton, Kelly, Shaq, Hamilton, Barney and Bush Dubya in that order. Bush looked like the "freshmanest" on a team with tons of freshman.

Comment

I thought our best bigs were Anton, Kelly, Shaq, Hamilton, Barney and Bush Dubya in that order. Bush looked like the "freshmanest" on a team with tons of freshman.
                              I concur.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Wamukota was our leading rebounder. Of course we will see if he can do that against division 1 teams...but still.

I agree he had a tough day all around though. I still remember what he was, at times, at the end of last year. Wamukota can still be a big factor. He won't be an all valley player, but he doesn't have to be to contribute positive minutes.
                                Last edited by shockerfan; November 7, 2015, 06:28 PM.
                                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X