Redshirting May Not Be a Player Option This Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
    Wamukota was our leading rebounder. Of course we will see if he can do that against division 1 teams...but still.

I agree he had a tough day all around though. I still remember what he was at times at the end of last year. Wamukota can still be a big factor. He won't be an all valley player, but he doesn't have to be to contribute positive minutes.
    Totally agree that he will be fine this year. He was not the 6-11 senior rim protector today that we all hoped for.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
      He said we'll see if any of the freshman decide to redshirt.
      Hence the word "might".
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
        Totally agree that he will be fine this year. He was not the 6-11 senior rim protector today that we all hoped for.
        He never has been a true shot blocker. That said he was in on at least a couple of those tonight. His problem seems to stem from knowing what to do with the ball when he gets it.
        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
          Hence the word "might".
          He also said that he had the final word of not playing them. The problem for the players is that he can only have a rotation of 10-11 (we did that the year we won the NIT), and that will probably drop to 9-10. The walkons can do mop up duty and somewhat be depended on in a real pinch. I predict that one or two more will redshirt. Finally, Bush Wam needs experience because he has only played basketball for 3-4 years. He will improve everyday if the effort is there.

Comment

Working...
          X