X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nurger OR Hamilton.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
      McDuffie seems just to thin of a frame to play the 5 or 4. We never seem to have too many big guys, I can't see red shirting any 4 or 5. I just don't think anyone but McDuffie or Taylor taking a red shirt.
      5. Wamukota, Nurger, Hamilton, Morris, Grady, Barney
      4. Hamilton, Grady, McDuffie, Kelly, Brown, Wessel, Bush

Even if you subtract the walk-ons you have 11 options. If you also remove the players that can play both, you still have 9. If you remove the small forwards, you still have 6. Five players capable of playing the 4/5 is plenty. That doesn't mean that one of them will redshirt, but if everyone is healthy, one of the six isn't going to touch the floor any more than a walk-on.
      Livin the dream

Comment

It will be Hamilton. He will either transfer to Nevada in an emotional breakdown or he will buy in and go on to have a dominant 4 year career at WSU and set the blocks record.

Comment

Nurger and Hamilton both have a year at Sunrise. Unofficial red shirt. I'd put money on McDuffie over Hamilton.

Comment

Somebody want to set up a poll?
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

I'm already on record saying McDuffie gets a shirt. Taylor is also possible with Baker and Frankamp able to back VanVleet.

The problem with giving Taylor a shirt is that he may be the PG next year. Then he could use any minutes he can get this year.

Sorry, Frankamp fans who think he can be a PG, Taylor is a natural PG. Frankamp is a natural SG. Shamet has shown court vision and some slick passing.

If Taylor does not get a shirt, then Frankamp is destined to be a SG.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                Nurger OR Hamilton.
                Hamilton needs to redshirt if anyone. With Marshalls comments it's clear that he is reckless which means more fouls. I love a physical player, but you can't be a physical player when your sitting the bench due to 5 fouls.
                Nurger has a chance to do some good this year. He's the only big that's a legitimate 3 point threat. Thats going to change other teams defensive gameplan when he enters the game where the 4/5 player will have to come out on the wing and it frees up the paint a lot more for the guards who can speed through and put it in with less of a threat of their layup being blocked. Plus he is 6'10 and while he isn't a great defender yet the season is long and by the time March comes around he may be able to use that size to his advantage on the defensive end

Comment

I too think Hamilton "needs" a redshirt, but I think "we" benefit more from him learning on the job. He's a man, it's time to learn with the big boys.

Taylor should redshirt. Barring several unforeseen calamities, he'll see no meaningful minutes.

I agree with the person that said something about Nurger being a 26 year old senior. Ain't happening here.

Comment

Based on the 20 minute scrimmage where EH played against RN it was obvious to me that
                    RN was the more polished player. EH has tremendous athleticism and strength but from what
                    I saw has much more to learn than RN. Remember, RN had lost weight from illness during
                    the middle of last season. He looked very healthy and much stronger / energetic at the
                    madness scrimmage and I thought he out played EH head to head. Of the two EH is the
                    obvious red shirt candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                      Based on the 20 minute scrimmage where EH played against RN it was obvious to me that
                      RN was the more polished player. EH has tremendous athleticism and strength but from what
                      I saw has much more to learn than RN. Remember, RN had lost weight from illness during
                      the middle of last season. He looked very healthy and much stronger / energetic at the
                      madness scrimmage and I thought he out played EH head to head. Of the two EH is the
                      obvious red shirt candidate.
                      How did McDuffie look at Shocker Madness? Is he capable of being the third string SF and PF?
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Sometimes you just want a player to play with reckless abandon. Remember, we play Illinois State twice a year, and they play basketball like they politic.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                          Sometimes you just want a player to play with reckless abandon. Remember, we play Illinois State twice a year, and they play basketball like they politic.
                          Keep in mind the NCAA seems more determined to take some of the physicality out of the game this year than they were a couple of years ago. That works in Nurger's favor and works against Hamilton. Hamilton, Taylor and McDuffie seem to be the most likely redshirt candidates. McDuffie primarily due to his need to get bigger and stronger although like Nurger the less physical game works in his favor.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            Keep in mind the NCAA seems more determined to take some of the physicality out of the game this year than they were a couple of years ago. That works in Nurger's favor and works against Hamilton. Hamilton, Taylor and McDuffie seem to be the most likely redshirt candidates. McDuffie primarily due to his need to get bigger and stronger although like Nurger the less physical game works in his favor.
                            Sometimes you just need a hitman.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                              Sometimes you just need a hitman.
                              Not often enough to make a redshirt decision based on that. Besides their aren't many, if any, players on the Shocker roster that are shrinking violets. As has been the case during 3G's tenure whatever challenges the Shockers may have this year I do not expect that being more physical will be very high on the list of concerns.

Comment

The more I think about it, the more I think the ability to set a good screen will determine who plays and who red shirts. Can Hamilton move to a spot and set a perfect pick without fouling? If so, he will play.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X