No announcement yet.

2015-16 Media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walmart in Topeka also has lots of them.

Comment

• Dillons at Harry and Webb had a boatload when I went in too. But that was at 5. They weren't by the magazines thought. They were in a special stand right up front with all the other magazines celebrating the Royals.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Ended up going by Central and Rock Dillon's plenty left.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
          What's the date on the cover?
          november 9, 2015. methinks they will be in stock for quite some time around here. royals!!!

but, really, even taking into account regional covers, that fvv story is pg. 80 nation wide, coast to coast. the highlight, the coup de grace, of the college basketball issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
            Walmart in Topeka also has lots of them.
            Not so fast my friend....

I believe THIS is the cover of Sports Illustrated they are getting for Topeka and all of NE Kansas. ;)

Attached Files
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• The south Newton Dillons was sold out by 6:30 yesterday evening. I'm not sure how many they had but the kid that stocked them said that he had never seen a sell out before. My local grocer is supposed to hold a copy for me. His allotment is a dozen or so, I hope he remembers me.
              One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Haven't seen this posted before. If it has been, just ignore.

North Carolina, Kentucky, Maryland and Kansas open the 2015-16 men's college basketball season as our favorites to earn a No. 1 seed in the 2016 NCAA tournament. Preseason bracket projections are mostly garbage...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                  Haven't seen this posted before. If it has been, just ignore.

North Carolina, Kentucky, Maryland and Kansas open the 2015-16 men's college basketball season as our favorites to earn a No. 1 seed in the 2016 NCAA tournament. Preseason bracket projections are mostly garbage...

I would LOVE to see that bracket!!!
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                    I would LOVE to see that bracket!!!
                    I don't think Bill would.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      I don't think Bill would.
                      He wouldn't mind. They won't last long enough to play us anyway.
                      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• In this morning's Eagle, Bob Lutz picks WSU to win the national championship!

Comment

• ESPN - "2015 season preview: No. 10 Wichita State"

The band is back together at Wichita State. Senior guards Fred VanVleet and Ron Baker, and coach Gregg Marshall, look for one more inspired run for the Shockers.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                            ESPN - "2015 season preview: No. 10 Wichita State"

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...-wichita-state
                            I call BS on the best case scenario from Bilas. Baker and Van Vleet don't come back for just another sweet 16. Granted nothing is guaranteed but this team is focused on a title.
                            You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                              I call BS on the best case scenario from Bilas. Baker and Van Vleet don't come back for just another sweet 16. Granted nothing is guaranteed but this team is focused on a title.
                              I agree. How can anyone ranked in the Top 10 have a ceiling only to the second weekend? I think any Top 10 team would have obvious Final Four possibilities and be deemed contenders for a National Championship.

Gimme a break, Bilas.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                I agree. How can anyone ranked in the Top 10 have a ceiling only to the second weekend? I think any Top 10 team would have obvious Final Four possibilities and be deemed contenders for a National Championship.

Gimme a break, Bilas.
                                Even KU?
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X