2015-16 Media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
    I'm sure that if a scholarship had been available, that Ron would have already moved on after 4 years.
    This may be true. I'm pretty sure he's glad he didn't use that freshman year of eligibility though.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
      This may be true. I'm pretty sure he's glad he didn't use that freshman year of eligibility though.
      Exactly. The benefits of a redshirt year have little to do with why it was necessary.

Comment

• Jeff ******* ‏@GoodmanESPN · Oct 26

Jeff ******* Retweeted Alex Friedman
        Wichita. I will take great guard play over bigs any day.

Jeff ******* added,

Alex Friedman @ahfriedman19 @GoodmanESPN who do you pick as the best Mid-Major come March, Wichita St or Gonzaga, and who's third behind them?
        Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
          I'm sure that if a scholarship had been available, that Ron would have already moved on after 4 years.
          Or not, 1979. After all, he did have other (albeit lesser) offers, and he didn't exactly have to be convinced to sit out as a freshman. If he had been eager enough to play right away, he'd have been able to do so somewhere.

Edit: And, Mr. Prez, you may be getting a little ahead of yourself with your worries about (presumably) McDuffie. We don't know what will happen with him or why, and in any case, what highly rated recruits have the Shocks redshirted so far? They're a few years away from continually doing anything consistently with highly rated recruits, partly because they've finally just recently started to get them.
          Last edited by WSUwatcher; October 29, 2015, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            Perhaps Marshall should include Ron in any redshirt discussions with a player. Coach might not have to say a single word.
            Who says Ron hasn't already had that conversation with a couple of his teammates? Based on what we have heard about how 3G uses his current players to help evaluate prospective teammates during the recruiting process, I'm thinking Ron is the first player (without being told) to corral the one or two players that need to consider a RS year.

Comment

• Marshall won't be redshirting anyone who could help us win a national title this year. If I'm guessing on anyone, it would be McDuffie that he redshirts, but who knows?
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Preseason March Madness bracket projections

No. 1 seeds: North Carolina, Kansas, Maryland, Kentucky.
                No. 2 seeds: Duke, Oklahoma, Gonzaga, Iowa State.
                No. 3 seeds: Villanova, Virginia, Indiana, Wichita State.
                Ah, Villanova. So mighty in January and February, so meek in March. Maybe this time will be different. Virginia’s defense might be even more imposing since there are five fewer seconds to shoot this season. Tom Crean really, really, really needs a big season at Indiana. As for Wichita State, Ron Baker and Fred VanVleet are back for – what – their seventh seasons?

No. 4 seeds: Wisconsin, Michigan State, Arizona, California.

Comment

• Originally posted by KraRam View Post
                  Preseason March Madness bracket projections

No. 1 seeds: North Carolina, Kansas, Maryland, Kentucky.
                  No. 2 seeds: Duke, Oklahoma, Gonzaga, Iowa State.
                  No. 3 seeds: Villanova, Virginia, Indiana, Wichita State.
                  Ah, Villanova. So mighty in January and February, so meek in March. Maybe this time will be different. Virginia’s defense might be even more imposing since there are five fewer seconds to shoot this season. Tom Crean really, really, really needs a big season at Indiana. As for Wichita State, Ron Baker and Fred VanVleet are back for – what – their seventh seasons?

No. 4 seeds: Wisconsin, Michigan State, Arizona, California.
                  Lame. Penalizing a veteran team??? Not only a 3 seed....but the last of the 3 seeds. Okay sure I guess. Next...
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• 12th is not far from the national pre-season concensus.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      12th is not far from the national pre-season concensus.
                      But about 10 spots off from reality.

Comment

• college sports madness,Men's Basketball,Missouri Valley,Wichita State,Joel Welser

WSU's 14th.

Comment

• Give me WSU as a #3 seed in the same bracket as #2 Iowa State and either #1 Maryland or #1 Kansas (someone's counting on Diallo being available), and I'd be glad to let the chips fall where they may.

Comment

• This guy has it figured out...

Mid-Major Power Rankings: The best from the rest of the country

Find all the latest college basketball news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

"The point of this post wasn’t to debate what the definition of “mid-major”, but since these rankings are based on what the best mid-major programs in the country are, I figured we’d share with you what our criteria was for eliminating teams from contention.

The schools from the Power 5 conferences were excluded, obviously, as well as any program in the Big East, the American, the Atlantic 10 or the Mountain West. The WCC, with the exception of Gonzaga and BYU, were included, as was the Missouri Valley, with the exception of Wichita State. The Zags and the Shockers are top 25 programs nationally paying their head coaches many millions of dollars and recruiting like the big boys. And to me, BYU is still a Mountain West program that was forced to relocate because #football."

Comment

• Originally posted by KraRam View Post
                              This guy has it figured out...

Mid-Major Power Rankings: The best from the rest of the country

Find all the latest college basketball news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

"The point of this post wasn’t to debate what the definition of “mid-major”, but since these rankings are based on what the best mid-major programs in the country are, I figured we’d share with you what our criteria was for eliminating teams from contention.

The schools from the Power 5 conferences were excluded, obviously, as well as any program in the Big East, the American, the Atlantic 10 or the Mountain West. The WCC, with the exception of Gonzaga and BYU, were included, as was the Missouri Valley, with the exception of Wichita State. The Zags and the Shockers are top 25 programs nationally paying their head coaches many millions of dollars and recruiting like the big boys. And to me, BYU is still a Mountain West program that was forced to relocate because #football."
                              I love their definition of why WSU isn't included, and also that there are two other Valley teams on their list. With a few quality wins in the early season (they are out there to be had), the MVC could get a big boost in overall RPI.
                              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Get NCAA Men's College Basketball news, scores, stats, poll rankings & more for your favorite college teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

Read it yourself. Had quite a surprise.
                                Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Working...
                                X