Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
    http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/...p-144-previews

I don't think any one has posted this in a while. In the top 25 now. Seasons almost here!
    Tulsa at #44 - one ahead of Tad Boyle's Colorado team.

47 - Illinois State
    48 - Iowa
    49 - Pitt
    50 - Utah
    51 - ODU
    52 - Rhode Island
    53 - UNI

Interesting little group there.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Utah at 50 seems substantially low, while Illinois State at 47 seems substantially high.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
        don't lecture. gene johnson was here years before the phog allen gift came along (and frank mcguire/unc went undefeated in '57 and won the ncaa title vs. you-know-who). miller was lucky to start off at a place where basketball fit like hand and glove, even though his coaching talent would always see him through to some kind of success.

miller could, probably would, have won a national championship at wichita u.. had he stuck around.
        lol, yes Gene Johnson (1928-33 with a w/l of 74-24)) "...was here years before" Ralph was hired to coach the Shockers, 18 years, in fact. During this 18 years the Shockers record was 156 wins versus 199 losses. Clearly Ralph was lucky to "walk" into such a winning proposition.

IMO your "hand and glove" analogy is true for every BB coach who established a winning program whether one is discussing Coach K, John Wooden, Jim Boeheim, Henry Iba, Adolph Rupp, Dean Smith or Phog Allen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
          lol, yes Gene Johnson (1928-33 with a w/l of 74-24)) "...was here years before" Ralph was hired to coach the Shockers, 18 years, in fact. During this 18 years the Shockers record was 156 wins versus 199 losses. Clearly Ralph was lucky to "walk" into such a winning proposition.

IMO your "hand and glove" analogy is true for every BB coach who established a winning program whether one is discussing Coach K, John Wooden, Jim Boeheim, Henry Iba, Adolph Rupp, Dean Smith or Phog Allen.
          ha ha.. you are a bore. let's just say, thank god that wichita state went down the joe lapchick line this time (marshall) and not that of your hero, phog allen (turgeon, fogler, miller).. yet again. joe lapchick, red holzman, louie carnesecca, john kresse, gregg marshall is the story now.

halleleujah, phog allen influence is in the past! 'see how great it's working out?
          Last edited by another shocker; October 21, 2015, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• nm
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

ha ha.. you are a bore. let's just say, thank god that wichita state went down the joe lapchick line this time (marshall) and not that of your hero, phog allen (turgeon, fogler, miller).. yet again. joe lapchick, red holzman, louie carnesecca, john kresse, gregg marshall is the story now.

halleleujah, phog allen influence is in the past! 'see how great it's working out?
              Apologies for boring you with facts and reality; let's end this exchange shall we?

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• SB Nation - Wichita State's backcourt stars are back for 1 last Final Four run

Someone mentioned a SB Nation story - Here it is: http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2015/10/22/9592820/wichita-state-basketball-preview-ron-baker-fred-vanvleet

Comment

• "THE VALLEY PREVIEW!"

Missouri Valley Conference Preview Dear Missouri Valley Fans, Coaches and Players, First, I want to send out a special message to all of the Missouri Valley Conference fans, players, coaches,...

By Mark Adams

"...Before we move forward and I go all Wichita WACKO on you"...

"...the Shockers would win a ???? title, will come true this season...."

"This will be the only pre-season preview that mentions neither all-American guard by name. They know who they are and their job has nothing to do with the past or their names...."

Comment

• Pre Season Valley Picks Announced
                      Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                        "THE VALLEY PREVIEW!"

Missouri Valley Conference Preview Dear Missouri Valley Fans, Coaches and Players, First, I want to send out a special message to all of the Missouri Valley Conference fans, players, coaches,...

By Mark Adams

"...Before we move forward and I go all Wichita WACKO on you"...

"...the Shockers would win a ???? title, will come true this season...."

"This will be the only pre-season preview that mentions neither all-American guard by name. They know who they are and their job has nothing to do with the past or their names...."
                        Also from the FB link:
                        I get to rub elbows with great coaches and people like Porter Moser, Ray Giacoletti, Dan Muller, Brian Wardle, and Paul Lusk.
                        I guess we know who he thinks are not great coaches in the league.

Comment

• Ok, who was the moron who picked Loyola to win the Valley.
                          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by RussDaBus View Post
                            Don't tell me Moser voted for himself to win the league. Wasn't there an Indy State coach who used to do that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              Don't tell me Moser voted for himself to win the league. Wasn't there an Indy State coach who used to do that?
                              Didn't our good friend in Normal, IL do that last season?
                              78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                                Didn't our good friend in Normal, IL do that last season?
                                Muller probably voted for Loyola. After the storm of criticism that came last year for voting for his own team, he didn't want to do it again. But he couldn't vote for us either. So he selected Loyola, just to give someone that vote. At least that's my thought.
                                Three things in life are constant- death, taxes, and Creighton losing in the first weekend of the tournament.

AAC or Bust!

Comment

Working...
                                X