2015-16 Media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
    Hilarious? Maybe. Seeded "correctly"? Probably.
    I don't know. It's been a long time ago, and I really don't want to get back into it again(it was hashed over a lot last year) but most experts had us at a 4 or 5 seed. Only a couple like Gottlieb and (oh I don't remember that far back) had us at a 28 best team last year, when they looked at other metrics that rated our offensive and defensive efficiency (which were top 10). Maybe no one else agrees with me but my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      I don't know. It's been a long time ago, and I really don't want to get back into it again(it was hashed over a lot last year) but most experts had us at a 4 or 5 seed. Only a couple like Gottlieb and (oh I don't remember that far back) had us at a 28 best team last year, when they looked at other metrics that rated our offensive and defensive efficiency (which were top 10). Maybe no one else agrees with me but my opinion.
      The loss to ISU in the St Louis semis pushed us from the 3/4 line to the 4/5/6 line. 7 was too low.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Hilarious? Maybe. Seeded "correctly"? Probably.
        KU fans were crying because they were getting a 4 or 5 seed as a 7 seed in the second round. If that doesn't tell you anything, then I dunno what does.

29-4, ranked Top 15, RPI in the mid teens, pedigree, etc. That was not a 7 seed. They basically stated that WSU was the 28th-31st best team in the country.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
          This argument is a little weak.
          Your counter-argument is a little weak.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            Your counter-argument is a little weak.
            Well, you bated him by saying he was staying away because the Shockers were too good for him to come in and tare them down. He pointed out that he gave them more credit than the committee and you call him a bragging girl.

There is no counter argument. You are just an ass to JH4P. I've quite enjoyed the absence of your bickering and would appreciate it if you (both) could show some maturity on this.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
              Well, you bated him by saying he was staying away because the Shockers were too good for him to come in and tare them down. He pointed out that he gave them more credit than the committee and you call him a bragging girl.

There is no counter argument. You are just an ass to JH4P. I've quite enjoyed the absence of your bickering and would appreciate it if you (both) could show some maturity on this.
              baited*

tear*

Did you not read my reasoning at all or are you just that dense? Any unbiased, rational human being could have figured out that WSU was a 5 seed. Him boasting his chest like he did something special by calling for that is amusing. How about the thousands of other arguments where he was being a dick and was wrong? Just because he stated ONE thing that was actually rational doesn't dismiss the thousands of other things he has said that have been the complete opposite.

This is a discussion board, fyi. You know? Like the numerous ones you read and post on every day? Don't like it? Put me on the I list.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                KU fans were crying because they were getting a 4 or 5 seed as a 7 seed in the second round. If that doesn't tell you anything, then I dunno what does.

29-4, ranked Top 15, RPI in the mid teens, pedigree, etc. That was not a 7 seed. They basically stated that WSU was the 28th-31st best team in the country.
                I was replying that JH4P was probably correct in his seeding the Shocks as a 5 and didn't think his statement was that hilarious, if at all, as Fev indicated. Ya know I like ya Fev, but pick better fights, preferably with non-Shocker fans.

Comment

I was replying that JH4P was probably correct in his seeding the Shocks as a 5 and didn't think his statement was that hilarious, if at all, as Fev indicated. Ya know I like ya Fev, but pick better fights, preferably with non-Shocker fans.
                  This. Happy to have you here @ShockerFever:, and I think you add a lot to the forum. For that reason, I don't want to put you on ignore. I've said my piece with the hope that you will think about it, but I'm not going through yet another season of you and JH4P going at each other. Hopefully you will continue with your more witty posts!
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Who will take home the end-of-season hardware at each position? The preseason watch lists have been announced for each award.

Positional Award Watch List:
                        Fred for PG
                        Ron for SG

AND

Mr. Grady on the watch list for power forward!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                          http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...ards-announced

Positional Award Watch List:
                          Fred for PG
                          Ron for SG

AND

Mr. Grady on the watch list for power forward!
                          Three? Wow.

Comment

• A look at how Fred VanVleet and Ron Baker, as well as a couple of other non-power conference stars, stayed under the radar of CBB's top programs.

If someone out there with Insider Access could summarize this, that would be great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                              Three? Wow.
                              And three is the total of players from the MVC mentioned. There doesn't seem to be an award for Center.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
                                http://espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruitin.../post?id=14644

If someone out there with Insider Access could summarize this, that would be great.
                                Not a very in depth article. Basically just says who their offers were from and says they didn't get much attention from power 5 conferences.

Comment

Working...
                                X