Summer Ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
    According to a top secret source, Mr. Hamilton has a temper problem.

He squared away with a high profile Shocker. No punches were thrown, but a challenge was thrown down. I would not worry about it ordinarily except it was an ongoing problem throughout an entire pickup session.

We will see in time.
    Eric's not related to Jerome is he?
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

He has a lot of things he needs to work on if he is going to play here

Comment

I think most frosh have a lot to work on to play here. I also have a lot of faith in 3.3G and his staff's ability to judge people/talent and bring out the best in guys. If this guy has what they think he has, they will teach him to be a successful Shocker.
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

I like to have a guy with a little for and intensity. Those are good attributes, they just need to be carefully directed so that it doesn't damage the team dynamic. But it doesn't surprise me that a freshman is having a difficult time channeling his emotions in the heat of competition.
          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by TheYeti
            Shades of 3G's younger days? This may definitely not be a bad thing.
            WAIT, TIMEOUT...

Was the high profile Shocker none other than His Truly, HC3Gv3.3?

Comment

Didn't mean to imply that. Just that stories of Gregg's intensity as a college player sound similar.
              I was kidding. It would make the story so much more awesome :)

Comment

This may definitely not be a bad thing.
                Nice job. MAY and DEFINITELY. You are covered either way. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  Nice job. MAY and DEFINITELY. You are covered either way. LOL
                  Plus a double negative (...not be a bad thing)

He must have meant:

This, 60% of the time every time, is a good thing.

Comment

Didn't mean to imply that. Just that stories of Gregg's intensity as a college player sound similar.
                    Good catch, Yeti. I remember reading about Marshall emerging from a fight with a teammate and friend with a broken nose. Just sounds like something that needs to be channeled, and who better to do it than Marshall?

Come to think of it, I also remember reading about Steve Kerr in his Bulls days emerging from a fight with none other than his Jordan-ness with a black eye -- and Jordan's lasting respect for standing up to him.

Comment

• Sorry Yeti. Just having a little fun.

I think you are on point about Gregg. He did come up the hard way and this may help him deal with others who need tough love and/or redirecting.

Comment

• K.,

The event occurred a couple of weeks ago.
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Apparently I've been living under a rock for a month. I just noticed that Jared Walker left the team. Is there a cone of silence on this or does someone have some knowledge on his decision?

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Bunch View Post
                            Apparently I've been living under a rock for a month. I just noticed that Jared Walker left the team. Is there a cone of silence on this or does someone have some knowledge on his decision?
                            I don't think there's any cone of silence. I think I read it a couple weeks ago on a public blog somewhere, maybe the Eagle or KWCH site. It said he was staying at WSU, but was leaving the team in order to concentrate on academics.
                            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• If you miss a day you miss a lot.

Comment

• Like shaving, you look like a bum.

Comment

Working...
                                X