Summer Ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Art Bunch View Post
    Apparently I've been living under a rock for a month. I just noticed that Jared Walker left the team. Is there a cone of silence on this or does someone have some knowledge on his decision?
    Reported on Shockernet with a few following comments about 9 days back.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Like shaving, you look like a bum.
      This is why I don't make $3M per year. I'm a bum.

Comment

Apparently I've been living under a rock for a month. I just noticed that Jared Walker left the team. Is there a cone of silence on this or does someone have some knowledge on his decision?
        Add one to the population under your rock for me, because I missed that tidbit too.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
          Add one to the population under your rock for me, because I missed that tidbit too.
          Damn, and you run this site. That must be a massive rock.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I came to WSU, and all I got was this lousy Sweet-16 ring.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I have no knowledge about this, but it seems to me that it may have been somewhat of a mutual decision, kind of like I think they transfers probably were. With the improvement of quality depth both in our scholarship guys and our walk-ons, the idea of even less minutes may have made it not worth the amount of effort and commitment required to be part of 3G's program. They also may have been "running out of seats" on the bench. Either way, I think he's a good kid and will do well in whatever venture he decides to pursue.
              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                I have no knowledge about this, but it seems to me that it may have been somewhat of a mutual decision, kind of like I think they transfers probably were. With the improvement of quality depth both in our scholarship guys and our walk-ons, the idea of even less minutes may have made it not worth the amount of effort and commitment required to be part of 3G's program. They also may have been "running out of seats" on the bench. Either way, I think he's a good kid and will do well in whatever venture he decides to pursue.
                Up too and until he misses out on the Nat. ship ring this yr ,,, then the amount of effort to walk on and ride the pine might look a bit different lol
                From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

• ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Maxx and I went out to the university to watch pick-up. We arrived at 4:30 P.M. (July 15, 2015)

The girls volleyball camp was just finishing.

One of the camp coaches said the Shocker men played pickup around 3:00 P.M. (July 15, 2015)

The volleyball camp continues tomorrow in late afternoon. (July 16, 2015)
                    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Maxx, Mr. X and I watched pickup this afternoon.

1. The Shocks are an impressive bunch. Great athletes, who can play. They are fun to watch. The Valley will have its hands full.

2. There is little doubt, who the leader is. He is such a fine player. If he looked to score more this year, I will not be surprised. Today he was relentless in putting up shots by driving or shooting from beyond the line. He played with a little bit of snarky edge that I have not seen before. On one particular play, one of the big defenders caused him to give up his dribble. He passed to a teammate. He shook the defender and expected an immediate return pass from his teammate. He did not get a pass and he was displeased and made no bones about it. I have never seen this side of him before.

3. Number one on my scorecard and number one in my heart was just an out and out monster - Zach Brown. He has put on some nice weight and gained strength. No one could really defend him very well. He was shooting well from outside and was having his way on drives to the basket. This stud is our next big time stud.

4. Anton Grady likes to shoot the ball. If it is passed to him, the ball is going up. Surprisingly, he hung around the outside most of the time. He shot pretty well. He has a big butt, which is useful, when backing a man down.

5. Shaq will play better this year. Better than I expected. He is more under control. He looked confident like he belonged. Even with taller big men guarding him, he was sinking his baby hook. It really looked nice. Very nice. It is hard to make judgments about fouling in pickup games, but it did not seem that he made any dumb fouls.

6. Ty Taylor will be a fan fav in time. He is a pass first point guard with very nice handles, quickness and speed. He will be back next year.

7. Landry Shamet looks just like as advertised. He is a terrific athlete. I must tell you that he has one ugly jump shot. He makes Cle's shot, during his junior year, look like Michael Jordan or Stephen Curry. I don't know about Landry's jump shot. In the games, he did not put up many outside shots. I need to see more shots. I am not saying that Shamet will not shoot well, but ...

8. I thought Tom looked confident. Confident enough to put up a turn-around, 12' jump shot and drain it. He really runs the floor well. He just might be the surprise of the year.

9. Eric Hamilton did not play well. It is early for him. We need to wait awhile, before assessing.

10. While Markis McDuffie did not stand out, it is easy to see why folks have high hopes for him. He runs well and is not intimidated. He is extra skinny. I guess he weighs around 190#. Maybe a little less.

11. Rauno played with confidence. I cannot explain it, but I think he will become a pretty good player. If he stays at WSU for the full term, I suspect he will make a pretty damn good living at playing ball in Europe.

12. You know how fans always have high hopes for a walk-on. Well, I fell in love with Brett Barney. He played well. He always deferred to the scholarship players. When he made plays, he got nice words from his teammates.

13. Connor was not present. Obviously, Ron is on a road trip.

13. Evan, Rashard and John Robert also played. John Robert made me laugh. VV passed the ball to JR in the corner. JR had a wide open 3 ball shot. The undecided defender was stuck in the middle between VV and John Robert. John Robert started to shoot, but changed his mind. He passed the ball back to VV. VV swished the net.

There is little doubt, who is in charge of this team, even on the practice courts.
                      Last edited by Ricardo del Rio; July 17, 2015, 11:57 AM.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• More on the Scrimmage

Rio, many thx for your write up above. Tom is aka "BWam", right? What you said about him sounds good! As for Shaq, about 4 to 6 weeks ago, I found a small note at the bottom of a Shockwaves Write-up by Paul Suellentrop on a totally different subject. The small note was about Shaq having a dislocated knee cap and torn cartilage in one knee that he played with for the last part of the season. So, while many of us were frustrated about some of his fouling tendencies then, we didn't know he was playing on a bad knee!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                          Maxx, Mr. X and I watched pickup this afternoon.

1. The Shocks are an impressive bunch. Great athletes, who can play. They are fun to watch. The Valley will have its hands full.

2. There is little doubt, who the leader is. He is such a fine player. If he looked to score more this year, I will not be surprised. Today he was relentless in putting up shots by driving or shooting from beyond the line. He played with a little bit of snarky edge that I have not seen before. On one particular play, one of the big defenders caused him to give up his dribble. He passed to a teammate. He shook the defender and expected an immediate return pass from his teammate. He did not get a pass and he was displeased and made no bones about it. I have never seen this side of him before.

3. Number one on my scorecard and number one in my heart was just an out and out monster - Zach Brown. He has put on some nice weight and gained strength. No one could really defend him very well. He was shooting well from outside and was having his way on drives to the basket. This stud is our next big time stud.

4. Anton Grady likes to shoot the ball. If it is passed to him, the ball is going up. Surprisingly, he hung around the outside most of the time. He shot pretty well. He has a big butt, which is useful, when backing a man down.

5. Shaq will play better this year. Better than I expected. He is more under control. He looked confident like he belonged. Even with taller big men guarding him, he was sinking his baby hook. It really looked nice. Very nice. It is hard to made judgments about fouling in pickup games, but it did not seem that he made any dumb fouls.

6. Ty Taylor will be a fan fav in time. He is a pass first point guard with very nice handles, quickness and speed. He will be back next year.

7. Landry Shamet looks just like as advertised. He is a terrific athlete. I must tell you that he has one ugly jump shot. He makes Cle's shot, during his junior year, look like Michael Jordan or Stephen Curry. I don't know about Landry's jump shot. In the games, he did not put up many outside shots. I need to see more shots. I am not saying that Shamet will not shoot well, but ...

8. I thought Tom looked confident. Confident enough to put up a turn-around, 12' jump shot and drain it. He really runs the floor well. He just might be the surprise of the year.

9. Eric Hamilton did not play well. It is early for him. We need to wait awhile, before assessing.

10. While Markis McDuffie did not stand out, it is easy to see why folks have high hopes for him. He runs well and is not intimidated. He is extra skinny. I guess he weighs around 190#. Maybe a little less.

11. Rauno played with confidence. I cannot explain it, but I think he will become a pretty good player. If he stays at WSU for the full term, I suspect he will make a pretty damn good living at playing ball in Europe.

12. You know how fans always have high hopes for a walk-on. Well, I fell in love with Brett Barney. He played well. He always deferred to the scholarship players. When he made plays, he got nice words from his teammates.

13. Connor was not present. Obviously, Ron is on a road trip.

13. Evan, Rashard and John Robert also played. John Robert made me laugh. VV passed the ball to JR in the corner. JR had a wide open 3 ball shot. The undecided defender was stuck in the middle between VV and John Robert. John Robert started to shoot, but changed his mind. He passed the ball back to VV. VV swished the net.

There is little doubt, who is in charge of this team, even on the practice courts.
                          Many thanks! As for #10, per goshockers.com, the answer is 185 lbs.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by xazshox View Post
                            Rio, many thx for your write up above. Tom is aka "BWam", right? What you said about him sounds good! As for Shaq, about 4 to 6 weeks ago, I found a small note at the bottom of a Shockwaves Write-up by Paul Suellentrop on a totally different subject. The small note was about Shaq having a dislocated knee cap and torn cartilage in one knee that he played with for the last part of the season. So, while many of us were frustrated about some of his fouling tendencies then, we didn't know he was playing on a bad knee!
                            Yes, Wamukota. I should have said Bush.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Anton's game, from watching video and reading RDR's recap, sounds an awful lot like JT Durley, but with a slight upgrade.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                Anton's game, from watching video and reading RDR's recap, sounds an awful lot like JT Durley, but with a slight upgrade.
                                Better speed and mobility, higher motor.

Tom sounds like Aaron Ellis.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X