No announcement yet.

Summer Ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ewing and Dreiling was a key match-up as well.
    Livin the dream

Comment

michael jordan set a (then) record for most points in that mcd's aa game. a man among boys, even then. he could have went pro right out of high school as many did after him, well after him. looked like a chicago bull, even in 1981.

Comment

Is that the same Buzz Peterson as the coach we now know???

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
          So you're telling me Wamukota is gonna get even more playing time next year and we're going to listen to him being trashed nonstop by a certain someone on this board? I look forward to it.
          Looks like the certain J.O.'s on this board don't have an off season either.

Obsession noted.

That is all.
          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Ah, the annual summertime useless catchall thread. Hopefully soon it will return to talk of the 2015-16 Shockers and what they're doing to get ready to make us oldsters forget a 1981 all-star game (by the way, I'm old enough -- apparently older than Doc, which I wouldn't have expected -- that I was there, too).

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
              Is that the same Buzz Peterson as the coach we now know???
              Indeed, although he was fired last season I think.

You aren't confusing him with Buzz Williams?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Indeed, although he was fired last season I think.

You aren't confusing him with Buzz Williams?
                Actually I was confusing the two which I now realize.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                  Ah, the annual summertime useless catchall thread. Hopefully soon it will return to talk of the 2015-16 Shockers and what they're doing to get ready to make us oldsters forget a 1981 all-star game (by the way, I'm old enough -- apparently older than Doc, which I wouldn't have expected -- that I was there, too).
                  so you remember that jordan wasn't even selected mvp of that game. just more fuel to his fire about being disrespected by the basketball talking heads.. he never forgot a slight.

Comment

If you want to confirm some of the info reported about Shamet, go find the video from when he won the dunk contest. I think it's in his thread in the Recruiting Forum. Yeah, he's got some ups. Other players say he gets up high enough to look down on the rim. Think of a player as smooth and fluid as Murry with better ups than Kyles. Then put that into a top-100 player.

This is only my opinion, but get ready for another year of Wessel at PF. That's worked pretty well for 2 years now. Brown is a lock for the 3. Depending on how fast Shamet can learn Marshall's offense and get his D up to Marshall's standards, there's going to be war waged in practice for the first perimeter sub.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I think (could be wrong) that VanVleet/Baker/Wessel will be the starters at the 1/2/3 and Frankamp/Shamet/Brown will be off the bench. Taylor and McDuffie are red-shirt candidates based on available PT.

Three PFs is order of class are Grady, Kelly, Hamilton
                      Three centers in same order are Wamukota, Morris, Nurger

Hamilton is another red shirt candidate with Wessel, Brown, and McDuffie all capable of minutes at the 4.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

If wamukota can earn the starting role over Shaq, we are set

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                          If wamukota can earn the starting role over Shaq, we are set
                          Ain't happenin'. But we're still set. :)
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            Ain't happenin'. But we're still set. :)
                            Set like in Pitch or Spades? :) uh oh

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              If you want to confirm some of the info reported about Shamet, go find the video from when he won the dunk contest. I think it's in his thread in the Recruiting Forum. Yeah, he's got some ups. Other players say he gets up high enough to look down on the rim. Think of a player as smooth and fluid as Murry with better ups than Kyles. Then put that into a top-100 player.

This is only my opinion, but get ready for another year of Wessel at PF. That's worked pretty well for 2 years now. Brown is a lock for the 3. Depending on how fast Shamet can learn Marshall's offense and get his D up to Marshall's standards, there's going to be war waged in practice for the first perimeter sub.
                              I agree with most, if not everything you said. I think that Shamet is likely the first guard off of the bench to begin the year. It is an advantage to him that he begins the year with eligibility while Frankamp is not eligible. Whether he can hold onto that role when Frankamp begins his eligibility remains to be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                                I agree with most, if not everything you said. I think that Shamet is likely the first guard off of the bench to begin the year. It is an advantage to him that he begins the year with eligibility while Frankamp is not eligible. Whether he can hold onto that role when Frankamp begins his eligibility remains to be seen.

Umm...Frankamp is GOING to play. I'm not discounting Shamet. We're so freaking good at the 1-2-3 it's not even funny.

I can't wait to see these guys flipping boatrace people in a few months.

Comment

Working...
                                X