No announcement yet.

Summer Ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Koch. I read it on my phone and am ShockerNetting on work computer. No clue how to link it.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Spoke to J.R. Simon's grandfather today. He said J.R. has been impressed with the newcomers so far. He said J.R. was particularly impressed with what Anton Grady and Conner Frankamp will bring to the table. FWIW.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 29, 2015, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Spoke to J.R. Simon's grandfather today. He said J.R. has been impressed with the newcomers so far. He said J.R. was particularly impressed with what Anton Grady and Conner Frankamp will bring to the table. FWIW.
        I would think JRs opinion is worth a lot more than most on shockernet.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
          I would think JRs opinion is worth a lot more than most on shockernet.
          That is my opinion as well.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

I'm hearing good things about Markis McDuffie. Anyone else hear or see the same thing?
            Livin the dream

Comment

Lots of upside for Markis and he is certainly skilled. He starts and stars on the 06-07 team, from day 1.

Here and now he's got a lot to learn, and like all freshmen, a lot of strength to gain. He could be the kind of player that helps us a lot at the end of the year, like Fred.

I have barely seen him play, so that's just a first impression for me. It's still 4 months to first game.

Comment

Figured this is as good as place as any to post this. I think Mr Hamilton is ready to go

Check out @iAM_EH25's Tweet: https://twitter.com/iAM_EH25/status/...450934784?s=09

Comment

Has anyone been around the arena to see how the scrimmages are going without Ron and Fred around to lead the way? Seems like it might be a good time for some of the new guys to get some competitive minutes against each other and maybe hone some point guard skills.
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Good point about the PG skills, Shockda. VanVleet and Baker are the first two PG options, but somebody has to be handling the ball while they're gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      Figured this is as good as place as any to post this. I think Mr Hamilton is ready to go

Check out @iAM_EH25's Tweet: https://twitter.com/iAM_EH25/status/...450934784?s=09
                      According to a top secret source, Mr. Hamilton has a temper problem.

He squared away with a high profile Shocker. No punches were thrown, but a challenge was thrown down. I would not worry about it ordinarily except it was an ongoing problem throughout an entire pickup session.

We will see in time.
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                        According to a top secret source, Mr. Hamilton has a temper problem.

He squared away with a high profile Shocker. No punches were thrown, but a challenge was thrown down. I would not worry about it ordinarily except it was an ongoing problem throughout an entire pickup session.

We will see in time.
                        IIRC Cold reported something similar. Was your source giving an account from the same scrimmage or another one? If it happened more than once it's probably a concern.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

I hope for Eric's sake that it wasn't Evan. Evan will destroy you...well, if Evan even makes the team :)
                          If it was Shaq, I am not so sure it is a bad thing for the two of them to be at an elevated level of emotionally charged competition.

If it was a high profile Shocker, I don't know who else it could even be with Ron and Fred gone. Bush? Rashard? My money is on Shaq and Shaq needs motivation sometimes, too. If someone wants to come along and make Shaq an angry beast all the time, that is good news.
                          Last edited by Dave Stalwart; July 11, 2015, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Well one thing for sure....it wasn't X.

If it was we'd be attending Mr. Hamilton's wake.

Comment

Sometimes young players need training in the "Shocker way".

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                Well one thing for sure....it wasn't X.

If it was we'd be attending Mr. Hamilton's wake.
                                "Most basketball fights only have two punches - make sure you throw both of them."

I think John Thompson said that but I have to admit it such an obscure great quote that I attribute it to X. Just seems like it fits better.

Comment

Working...
                                X