X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Ball

When will the new class be on campus?

When will summer ball begin?

Are there any future All Americans in the class of '15?

As ShockerRef might say,

"That Is All."
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
    When will the new class be on campus?

When will summer ball begin?

Are there any future All Americans in the class of '15?

As ShockerRef might say,

"That Is All."
    Do they normally have any practices/scrimmages or anything like that open to the public? I'd love to get an early picture of the new guys and a new look at how last years frosh are progressing.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

New players expected in this weekend, classes start next Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
        Do they normally have any practices/scrimmages or anything like that open to the public? I'd love to get an early picture of the new guys and a new look at how last years frosh are progressing.
        Scrimmages are often late in the afternoon. Sometimes after the Chuck is closed. Best thing to do is hang out around 430 and see if they are heading to the court.

If this sounds repetitive or scolding in anyway, I apologize. If you go to the scrimmages, leave the kids alone. They aren't there for us, or for fun. There is a purpose with everything they do.

If they come over to you to chat, that's great. If not, just let them be. They have work to do, classes to take and goals to meet. They don't have time to placate to us fans. Just watch and enjoy and shut your big yapper!

Comment

And by all means leave the F'ing cameras at home or camera phones off

Comment

But DO come back to shockernet and report every conceivable detail so that it can be scrutinized and allow us to make irrational statements about the ceiling and/or floor of each individual player.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
              But DO come back to shockernet and report every conceivable detail so that it can be scrutinized and allow us to make irrational statements about the ceiling and/or floor of each individual player.

made me laugh....:)

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                I almost forgot about my favorite part of the off season.

Comment

And if you see someone wondering around with a boner, it's just Cold.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Scrimmages are often late in the afternoon. Sometimes after the Chuck is closed. Best thing to do is hang out around 430 and see if they are heading to the court.

If this sounds repetitive or scolding in anyway, I apologize. If you go to the scrimmages, leave the kids alone. They aren't there for us, or for fun. There is a purpose with everything they do.

If they come over to you to chat, that's great. If not, just let them be. They have work to do, classes to take and goals to meet. They don't have time to placate to us fans. Just watch and enjoy and shut your big yapper!

They like to play basketball.. part of the reason they are there is for fun... Part of the purpose they are scrimmaging without coaches around is because they like to play basketball, because it's.. ya know.. fun

Comment

It's their job. It's their homework. It's their life. It might be fun like how doing your job is fun, but they are completely serious about it.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Any future All-Americans?

Thanks Wu, for above info.
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                          Any future All-Americans?

Thanks Wu, for above info.
                          I think Shamet might be a future AA. Sky's the limit for Taylor, McDuffie, and Hamilton, but all four have work to do. Also, would not be surprised if Frankamp has some AA honors by his senior year...It all depends on his shooting.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

I think Zach Brown has AA potential with 3 years left to develop. Last season was just a tiny scratch on the surface of his abilities.
                            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

I hear Shamet is looking like a future star. Wumukota, Brown and Nuger looking good.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                              X