No announcement yet.

Summer Ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got some in depth info after watching a scrimmage to report on? I'm still itching to hear about it all.

Comment

I think we all expect to see Brown have a good year. Nurger really needs to blossom for his own sake and Wamukota "should" take the standard 2nd year JUCO jump. I really hope the Nurger talk is true and not just more false hope. His strength and defense was pretty disappointing last year for a 21 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        I think we all expect to see Brown have a good year. Nurger really needs to blossom for his own sake and Wamukota "should" take the standard 2nd year JUCO jump. I really hope the Nurger talk is true and not just more false hope. His strength and defense was pretty disappointing last year for a 21 year old.
        Marshall was, to me, surprisingly upbeat and optimistic about Nurger as the season was winding down and just after the season ended. I think whatever illness Nurger had in December hit him much harder than any of us knew about during the season. Hearing Marshall still talking about him with so much positivity and expectation gave me renewed hope.

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
          I hear Shamet is looking like a future star. Wumukota, Brown and Nuger looking good.
          Talk about Shamet being good doesn't surprise me at all. He appeared the most D-I ready as a frosh IMO.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
            Anyone got some in depth info after watching a scrimmage to report on? I'm still itching to hear about it all.
            Your prayer has been answered....maybe.

Disclosure: Cold is a friend. Cold has provided a link to me. The link is about Cold's observations of a pickup game. If you click on the link, it will take you to Wheat Shockers Fan Forum. You may have to join, but I am not sure. I would have copied and pasted the post onto a page here, but Cold forbade it.

In Cold's most colorful manner, he describes what he saw in a pickup session. Lets merely say that Cold is somewhat optimistic.

http://wheatshockers.com/Thread-Shocker-Summer-Scrimmage-2015-A-C0-d-Perspective?pid=20714#pid20714

Last edited by Ricardo del Rio; June 24, 2015, 02:53 PM.
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

The thread Cold posted in is for "members only".

Without reading it, I bet I can summarize.

Fred is bigger, stronger, faster, smarter than ever. Surgeons might have to crack his skull to relieve the pressure, because his brain is just too big. He will probably cure cancer as soon as he gets tired of winning NBA titles and decides to retire.

Ron is now a better shooter than anyone in the history of the world.

Shaq is going to make the world forget there was ever a Shaq before him that played with Kobe.

(insert comment about muscles)

(insert demeaning comment about the MVC)

and on...

and on...

and on...

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post

Fred is bigger, stronger, faster, smarter than ever. Surgeons might have to crack his skull to relieve the pressure, because his brain is just too big. He will probably cure cancer as soon as he gets tired of winning NBA titles and decides to retire.

Shaq is going to make the world forget there was ever a Shaq before him that played with Kobe.

and on...

and on...

and on...
                You forgot this:

Comment

and on...

and on...

and on...
                  You also forgot...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                    I hear Shamet is looking like a future star. Wumukota, Brown and Nuger looking good.
                    So you're telling me Wamukota is gonna get even more playing time next year and we're going to listen to him being trashed nonstop by a certain someone on this board? I look forward to it.

Comment

and on...

and on...

and on...
                      I can summarize this post too:

Jamar is a dolt.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Sorry Jamar, your post is off base regards Cold's observations of a single practice. Shad (along with a couple of others) did not participate in the scrimmage observed by Cold and, unfortunately, no mention was made of CF.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                          Sorry Jamar, your post is off base regards Cold's observations of a single practice. Shad (along with a couple of others) did not participate in the scrimmage observed by Cold and, unfortunately, no mention was made of CF.
                          I'm pretty sure he said Shaq, Evan, Connor, and Rashard were not there, although he may have used some homemade nicknames when naming them. I was actually quite impressed with CB's summary of the scrimmage, and am even more excited about the upcoming season after reading it.
                          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                            I'm pretty sure he said Shaq, Evan, Connor, and Rashard were not there, although he may have used some homemade nicknames when naming them. I was actually quite impressed with CB's summary of the scrimmage, and am even more excited about the upcoming season after reading it.
                            Cold is a very fun poster and he is missed by many over here. It's a pretty even split, right down the middle though. He is hated by half and loved by the other half. I am willing to admit that I miss him. His summaries and commentary are generally fun, full of hype, informative and hilarious. On the other hand, he lacks a filter.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                              My memory of CB's opinions are that they are not worth much. Some of his predictions/opinions are that Casey Crawford was the best and most athletic Shocker recruit ever. Paul Miller was Fifi (probably one of the best Centers in Shocker history). Evan was the least athletic Shocker recruit ever and undeserving of a scholarship (Conner will probably be the next unathletic Shocker). EO was Mr. Universe and deserving of a man crush. Entertaining maybe, but not on the mark, except EO was put together very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                                Cold is a very fun poster and he is missed by many over here. It's a pretty even split, right down the middle though. He is hated by half and loved by the other half. I am willing to admit that I miss him. His summaries and commentary are generally fun, full of hype, informative and hilarious. On the other hand, he lacks a filter.
                                Truer words were never spoken - "On the other hand, he lacks a filter."
                                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                                X