Non-Conference Schedule needs more.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    It certainly didn't make this thread any ​worse.
    I'm not complaining. I like the change of scenery!

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
      Speaking of chugging. If you didn't already know this bar trick, try this one on for size. At a party, or at a bar, find the biggest machismo saturated meat head like Shock value and challenge him to a beer chugging contest for money.

While he selects the tried and true American brew, select yourself a Guinness. Guinness is a nitrogen infused libation, therefore, it lacks the 'bite' and fizz of its American contemporaries. While you chug it down like water, his stomach will eventually balloon and he'll either blow chunks or simply tap out. Give it a try, and PM me after you've collected your winnings, I'll be more than happy to accept a 80/20 split your way.
      Sounds good in theory but Guinness is rather "thick" or stout as it were. I also have never pounded a 30 pack of Guinness!😄

Comment

Guinness is heavy, but the trick works. I do it all the time with my buddy who is too much of a patriot to drink anything but PBR. I'm a medium weight, and he is a heavyweight and it bugs him to no end that I can out chug him at the bar.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by ShocktheHawks View Post

And about my Lawrence IP. Im going to school there. Get to know me, or atleast look at my posts.
          Can you post some picture of yourself so we can get to know you better. Maybe in your best WSU gear?

Here let me start.....right after college.

Attached Files

Comment

I'll show mine if you show yours. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
              Speaking of chugging. If you didn't already know this bar trick, try this one on for size. At a party, or at a bar, find the biggest machismo saturated meat head like Shock value and challenge him to a beer chugging contest for money.

While he selects the tried and true American brew, select yourself a Guinness. Guinness is a nitrogen infused libation, therefore, it lacks the 'bite' and fizz of its American contemporaries. While you chug it down like water, his stomach will eventually balloon and he'll either blow chunks or simply tap out. Give it a try, and PM me after you've collected your winnings, I'll be more than happy to accept a 80/20 split your way.
              Originally posted by bleednblackngold View Post
              Sounds good in theory but Guinness is rather "thick" or stout as it were. I also have never pounded a 30 pack of Guinness!
              Originally posted by shock View Post
              Guinness is heavy, but the trick works. I do it all the time with my buddy who is too much of a patriot to drink anything but PBR. I'm a medium weight, and he is a heavyweight and it bugs him to no end that I can out chug him at the bar.
              I prefer 'Buffalo Sweat' or 'Moose-knuckle Sweat' at Twin Peaks; they're heavy, smooth and chuggable.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                I prefer 'Buffalo Sweat' or 'Moose-knuckle Sweat' at Twin Peaks; they're heavy, smooth and chuggable.
                My friend always gets the sweats...I prefer the seasonals or the Blvd wheat or 80-acre when they carry it...

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                  Protip: Quit arguing with everything. You are new and self-admittedly really, really dumb when it comes to a lot of nuances. I thought you were about 12 during your initial posting rampage and have been responding with kid gloves. Since you are ~20, go to a basketball school, and somehow have no clue what you are talking about, let's turn to a more honest approach. You need to read up for a long, long time instead of challenging everything with the first (likely dumb) thought to pop into your head 50+ times in the course of your first day on the board.

In sum

The comparison earlier to a 5th grader hanging out with high schoolers and constantly piping up with 5th grade level questions is apt. The older kids are fine accepting you into the group, you just have to not be annoying as hell if you want to fit in.

A lot of the time, when you are new to the board, that means

And in case the point has not yet been driven home,
                  I'll admit I have not taken the time to memorize this thread, but this is ALWAYS good advice !

Comment

oops!!! The quote didn't show up!!! WHAT?????????

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                      Can you post some picture of yourself so we can get to know you better. Maybe in your best WSU gear?

You look pretty good now for having graduated from college and holding an M 1. But I'm confused because that was a Marine uniform and I thought you were in the Army.:)

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

SB with those looks you should have gone to Hollywood; you could have had at least a modest career (primarily Westerns if you could have ridden a horse).

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          This is an argument made by the media increasingly the past few seasons.

If you follow the math it makes zero sense. Either RPI is indicative of team strength or it isn't. If we can judge the quality of your opponents based on their RPI, we can just as accurately judge the quality of your team based on your RPI.
                          Yes, we can certainly do that, but not the selection committee. Everything I've ever read on the process (I've followed a couple of the publicized mock selections and read several articles written by different participants) is that the committee uses the RPI as just one tool to judge a team's good and bad wins/losses.

So, while WSU's RPI (and while we're at it, conference RPI) makes for interesting fan discussion, it's only real value to the selection committee is as a tool to evaluate our opponents.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            Yes, we can certainly do that, but not the selection committee. Everything I've ever read on the process (I've followed a couple of the publicized mock selections and read several articles written by different participants) is that the committee uses the RPI as just one tool to judge a team's good and bad wins/losses.

So, while WSU's RPI (and while we're at it, conference RPI) makes for interesting fan discussion, it's only real value to the selection committee is as a tool to evaluate our opponents.
                            I completely agree that this is what's happening. My only contention is that the logic they are using in doing so is extremely flawed.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                              Buffalo Sweat is one of my favorite beers. Ever tried Breckenridge's Vanilla Porter?
                              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                                Buffalo Sweat is one of my favorite beers. Ever tried Breckenridge's Vanilla Porter?
                                No, I'll put that one on my list.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X