Non-Conference Schedule needs more.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-Conference Schedule needs more.

Initially there was confusion on my own part about the lingo used for non-conference scheduling. I was referring to something I was pretty limited on. I still hold the position that I hope Gregg does whatever it takes to get great games.

Gregg also said Duke has been in the mix. We need that. KSU gets them, but we don't?
    I'd love to see the Vol's back on our schedule. I would also like the Vol's to be successful again. - I think they actually are on the sched.
    UNLV is a really sweet pick. That will be a nail-bitter given thier new recruits.
    I really want to see a few more revenge games, and top 25 teams. Louisville? Texas? VCU?

Also, if anyone knows... How far in advance are schedules made?
    Tell me if I am crazy too!

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    You're not crazy, you're just re-hashing subjects that have been discussed on this forum ad nauseam since creation. You might ask _kai_ if you could modify your username from what you have over to DeadHorseBeater, or something like that.
    You are totally right. I am sorry I got carried away sitting around thinking about WSU BB and never thought that I am sure you guys have heard it a million times.
    Last edited by ShocktheHawks; April 25, 2015, 09:41 AM. Reason: Clarification

I'm pretty sure some games are set a year or two in advance. Maybe i'm crazy, but aren't home & home series what Gregg has been trying for?

As much as we'd like to play KU, Duke and all the other "bluebloods" it takes two to tango.
    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
      I'm pretty sure some games are set a year or two in advance. Maybe i'm crazy, but aren't home & home series what Gregg has been trying for?

As much as we'd like to play KU, Duke and all the other "bluebloods" it takes two to tango.
      You may be right. Home and Home may not be the correct lingo for what Self wants. play Self on his terms is what I am trying to say.
      I know it takes two to tango, but I feel (could be outside reality) that Beggers are tyring to be choosers here. I am under the impression (could be wrong), that Gregg has said no to Allen FIeld House. I wish he wouldn't.

Comment

We don't need to play KU. If they want to play they need to anti up. Would be a fantastic series and great games. But the shox don't need to lay down to selfs terms. Home and home would be epic.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
          We don't need to play KU. If they want to play they need to anti up. Would be a fantastic series and great games. But the shox don't need to lay down to selfs terms. Home and home would be epic.
          I hear ya. But kill me If I make a pro ku statement here. Playing the jayhawks will improve our rpi. win or lose. they always win thier conference. dang it hurts to say. lol. The same reason it would be great for them to play us too, we can go one or two in ours. RPI booster regardles of outcome. In the same breath we hope that we play for braggin's sake, we can't say we're too good to play on thier terms. Doesn't make sense.My overall point is that we can't be choosy when we try to schedule RPI boosters.

Would we say no to Duke, UNC, KY on any terms? I hope not. Espexially since GM is alwasy saying he will play anybody. Gotta play on thier terms.

Comment

Serious question.

Are you drunk, trolling or just stupid?

Comment

Originally posted by rayc View Post
              Serious question.

Are you drunk, trolling or just stupid?
              He's not trolling... Let's not call everyone a witch just because they don't agree with you or always where yellow sunglasses... Try to understand what he is saying... Educate yourself sir

Comment

Originally posted by ShocktheHawks View Post
                Don't take this the wrong way, but there is too much going for WSU and Gregg to have another OK non-conference schedule.

Gregg is getting paid big-boy dollars. I hope Gregg can lower his hate for Home-&-Homes. KU offered a home and home. I would love to WSU in Allen Field House. The department would get money, and KU would get ticket sales for sure. What I am saying is. Gregg needs to not be picky about how that game is played. Beggars can't be choosers.

Gregg also said Duke has been in the mix. We need that. KSU getst hem, but we don't?
                I'd love to see the Vol's back on our schedule. I would also like the Vol's to be successful again.
                UNLV is a really sweet pick. That will be a nail-bitter.
                I really want to see a few more revenge games, and top 25 teams. Louisville? Texas? VCU?

I know we probably feel obligated to play Newman, but please no. Friends still has an ex-WSU player on it. Why not them?

Also, if anyone knows... How far in advance are schedules made?
                Tell me if I am crazy too!

KU offered a home and home????

Comment

Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
                  No, and they didn't offer a two for one to my knowledge. Duke hasn't come calling either.

There seems to be a little confusion between what @ShocktheHawks: wants and what he thinks Gregg has turned down.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

[QUOTE=rayc;572878]Serious question.

Are you drunk, trolling or just stupid?[/QUOTE
                    IMO he may be drunk but more likely a troll; as to how intelligent he is - if his initial posts on Shockernet are indicative of his intelligence IMO his performance as a troll will be less than spectacular.

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                      He's not trolling... Let's not call everyone a witch just because they don't agree with you or always where yellow sunglasses... Try to understand what he is saying... Educate yourself sir
                      Choida IMO you should follow your own advice; go read all of ShocktheHawks posts and educate yourself.

Comment

Home and home? When have any of those schools considered playing within 200 miles of Wichita?

Comment

I know everyone wants a better non-con, but 3G has always said the point is to get into the big dance, and see what happens there. Well, so far he's been able to get an at large bid in 3 of 4 years, and had a single digit seed every time. Seems like the schedule is good enough.

Would it be fun to play Duke? Of course. But in the big scheme of things it is not necessary to be able to achieve our goals.
                          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
                            Lol. pleease forgive me for not knowing the lingo well enough to talk about it. Haha. I have just heard that gregg "wont go to Allen for a check"

I just think thats a little lame. But IDK all the details.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                              No, and they didn't offer a two for one to my knowledge. Duke hasn't come calling either.

There seems to be a little confusion between what @ShocktheHawks wants and what he thinks Gregg has turned down.
                              Refer to my other reply to vance himself about KU vs WSU

I know Gregg said that DUke and them couldn't get it done on the schedule. Maybe, likely, that means Duke said no. Bummer though. Wish it could happen. Here's hoping we snatch it from Kstate

Comment

Working...
                              X