Non-Conference Schedule needs more.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    I haven't even looked at the IP. The location in the profile says that much. I'm not even insinuating @ShocktheHawks: is a KU fan. I'm just explaining to him/her why the assumption was made.

We have another WSU fan here who attends KU, so it's not out of the question.
    Comparing the things that wsushox has said over the course of several years compared to what this poster has said over the course of the last hour is laughable at best.

I think it's more than obvious.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Ok, now it's gone to just straight-up LOLville.

Gotta get a nice cover in when a mod questions where your IP address is originating from.
      Not a cover up. It's on my profile. Way to be a welcoming shocker fan. L7

To be honest if you guys were wanting an exclusive, in-club, not welcoming type group. That is fine You guys have been here longest. So if what you ultimately want is to shun away fans from using this site, I will see if I can close my account. I am not going to continue to try and earn respect from people who have been nothing but rude.

I was just hoping for a home away from home to talk shockhoops.
      Last edited by ShocktheHawks; April 22, 2015, 09:54 AM. Reason: adding that it is quite frustrating to want a place to talk shock hoops, and finding out this frums fool of jerks.

Comment

Originally posted by ShocktheHawks View Post
        Being bought by a top 5 team isn't going to convince top 50 teams they can do that too.
        Here is an example of how this really does happen. The lack of games against KU is well-documented. Ideas of playing games like I mentioned (AFH-Sprint-Intrust) have been thrown out but to not avail.

K-State is not KU, but yet, it seems that it would take a similar type deal for K-State to agree to playing us. If K-State doesn't play us, Catbackers can cling to what little myth might still exist that they are better than us (because they are Big 12 and all). We indeed are so much better than K-State, so I don't care about playing them...although it would be nice to slap them pretty good so that I can laugh at my K-State inlaws. I'm still pissed that they planned a family outing on the night of the Ohio State Elite Eight game and didn't understand that I REALLY wanted to watch that game. No way in hell said scenario would have happened if K-State was playing in that game.
        78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
          How has KU "sucked butt the last few years"? I was under the impression they won their conference each of the last few years.

I'm not a KU fan, but I respect what Self has accomplished there.
          Yea. I know they certainly still win. The guards are poop. I am glad Mason and Perry are still around, because they are the best players. I am not going lie, I watch the games, and I wish Perry the best, but KU has got poop guards, and lol at the one-and-done talents have done for thier program lately.

Comment

To be honest if you guys were wanting an exclusive, in-club, not welcoming type group. That is fine You guys have been here longest. So if what you ultimately want is to shun away fans from using this site, I will see if I can close my account. I am not going to continue to try and earn respect from people who have been nothing but rude.

If this really wwas your intent, you missed the runway, crashed and burned.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Kwho? What is this fog you speak of?

Comment

I'm starting to feel bad for you, so I will offer you this tip. If you really want to talk Shocker hoops, that's great. We love good discussion. It's just that some of the things you are suggesting are not possible. Some people have followed WSU Athletics for many, many years and understand the dynamics that are at work. Some might even know people within the department. A lot of us understand that it's not like we can just say WE WANT TO PLAY KU and voila, it happens. Like others said, it takes two to tango.

If you really want to learn, post less and read more. The people here are really great...except for Doc (I kid because I care). You just have a lot to learn. I guess the best example I can give is having a room full of high schoolers with a fifth grader wanting to join the conversation with fifth grade questions. Seeing a barrage of elementary questions can be tiresome, regardless of your good-meaning intent.

If you have any questions, PM me and I'll help you out.
                78-65

Comment

I hear ya. Who needs who more though? We IMO, need to play bigger games. Maybe not big enough that we have to be bought all the time. So, yeah, the teams you mentioned would be great.

Being bought by a top 5 team isn't going to convince top 50 teams they can do that too. You are right though, we might be able to work with top 50 teams. But WSU needs a top five team game, IMO.
                  (Utah again is going to be great. We just gotta beat em this time :).

Just because we spanked....SPPPPPAAAANKED KU, doesn't mean we have the upper hand in talks. They still want us to beg. I'm just saying let's beg. I know Gregg doesn't feel that way, but I think most wouldn't care how the chips fell as long as we played KU soon. (For the record I told my neighboorhood WSU by 14 in that game. So close to perfect. Dangit.)
                  Ummmmm, how about no. We aren't Emporia State or some other crappy school that needs that. We just need to continue working towards getting higher quality teams on the schedule every year.

Comment

Marshall isn't just going to waltz into Allen Field House with any team.. I get the vibe that when he feels extra good about a recruiting class, he will call any coach around the nation and agree to whatever terms they are offering.
                    Wsu hasn't reached that point yet though. I mean, it was pretty obvious that Marshall felt good about the final 4 squad, but not good enough schedule any team. That teams defining moment in the regular season was ending the VCU jinx @VCU.
                    Last edited by bleed yellow; April 22, 2015, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                      If this really wwas your intent, you missed the runway, crashed and burned.
                      Fair nuff.

Comment

Everyone needs to calm down here lol. We here at shockernet need to realize that most WSU fans have no where near the insight and knowledge about WSU basketball that we collectively have here on this site. Some information that is common place to us on the site is not to the outside world. I think this is just a case of a misinformed fan. @ShocktheHawks: appears to have good motives. He is new to the Shocker fan base. We can help inform the guy without belittling him.

Welcome to the site BTW. For future reference, it will serve you well to do research and check facts before posting.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Why didn't I stop reading after page 1???? That's 15 minutes I won't get back.

Comment

Might "ShocktheHawks" be in such a confused state regarding the true dynamics of Shocker basketball simply because the young lad resides and currently studies his academics at a place formerly encapsulated by a bubble??? If so...then welcome home son! Welcome to Shocker Nation!!! Good of you to follow your inner force by coming over to join the good guys!!!

Some great advice has already been passed on to you in order to help you navigate the communications of Shocker discussion. Read a lot more before posting. Learn that outside the protected bubble and jayhawk filters...you will see a whole new world out there. It truly is a great thing and will carry with you should you ever want to move out of the bubble and into the real world. Liberation they say...ain't it grand!!!

btw...Ain't no Gregg Marshall Shocker team EVER going to Allen Field House without a guarantee game at Koch. That's just how it is nowadays. The ball is in the "bubble's" court. Do they wanna play ball???????? I don't think so....
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                                Might "ShocktheHawks" be in such a confused state regarding the true dynamics of Shocker basketball simply because the young lad resides and currently studies his academics at a place formerly encapsulated by a bubble??? If so...then welcome home son! Welcome to Shocker Nation!!! Good of you to follow your inner force by coming over to join the good guys!!!

Some great advice has already been passed on to you in order to help you navigate the communications of Shocker discussion. Read a lot more before posting. Learn that outside the protected bubble and jayhawk filters...you will see a whole new world out there. It truly is a great thing and will carry with you should you ever want to move out of the bubble and into the real world. Liberation they say...ain't it grand!!!

btw...Ain't no Gregg Marshall Shocker team EVER going to Allen Field House without a guarantee game at Koch. That's just how it is nowadays. The ball is in the "bubble's" court. Do they wanna play ball???????? I don't think so....
                                I think I died laughin. I am from Wichita. Headed there for the weekend, visit the folks. It's a nice town don't get me wrong, but I got some mean looks for wearing the WSU jersey to Allen after we downed UNI for College Game Day.

Comment

Working...
                                X