Non-Conference Schedule needs more.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
    WSU is a powerhouse at this point. No team is good enough that we have to resort to only an away game for a check.

You're just wrong on many levels:

First, teams aren't going to offer us that. People don't take kindly to paying to receive a loss.

Second, and more importantly, even if it were offered, a negative perception is created when you accept a buy-game payout. WE want to be a top-5 team. Top-5 teams don't accept a payout to play in someone else's arena. If we accept that from Duke, KU, or whoever, it is going to be a lot harder to get home and homes or neutral court games with big teams.

We will accept a home-and-home starting at your arena. We may do a two for one type deal, particularly if one is a neutral/close to your home arena. We will accept neutral court, one and done type games. End of discussion.
    I understand your point. Lesson learned. Here's hoping that those type of situations happen. KU may too salty for those though. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
      Read more, post less.
      My preference is that he goes away.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
        My preference is that he goes away.
        I think you are delightful!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          +1. My eyes are hurting.

It's taken me extreme patience to not flip the switch on and go beast mode on this "fan".
          I am surprised that you have been able to restrain yourself from addressing this "fan".

Comment

I am surprised that you have been able to restrain yourself from addressing this "fan".
            I guess I really made everyone mad with my total lack of knowledge of scheduling non-conference games. I don't understand why you didn't let it go when I said I learned my lesson earlier. See my post replying to JD I would like to become a frequent reader here, so do me a favor and get the heck over yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by ShocktheHawks View Post
              I guess I really made everyone mad with my total lack of knowledge of scheduling non-conference games. I don't understand why you didn't let it go when I said I learned my lesson earlier. See my post replying to JD I would like to become a frequent reader here, so do me a favor and get the heck over yourself.
              What you have to understand is that we sometimes get people from other fanbases here pretending to be WSU fans. Since your first post centered around us playing only at KU and you have an anti-KU screen name (as one might expect from a KU fan trying to disguise themselves) the assumption is going to be that you aren't really a WSU fan. That's just the culture of college fan message boards.

I recommend everyone just go back to your corners and take a few deep breaths. Count to 78 (or 65) and go on about your day.

Comment

Gee. Who wouldn't want to agree to only play KU at Allen Fieldhouse? Under head coach Bill Self, the Jayhawks have a 186–9 (.954) record at Allen Fieldhouse. Even good teams usually lose there.

Comment

I think part of the problem is the sheer volume of posts you have made in a very short time span. Also, its very clear that you haven't thought this through very much before you post or done any research on the subject.
                  Last edited by WheatShock; April 23, 2015, 12:02 PM.
                  Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by engrshock View Post
                    Gee. Who wouldn't want to agree to only play KU at Allen Fieldhouse? Under head coach Bill Self, the Jayhawks have a 186–9 (.954) record at Allen Fieldhouse. Even good teams usually lose there.
                    The best home cookin' venue in the land.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

A little busy this morning. Probably the saving grace.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        The best home cookin' venue in the land.
                        Are you insinuating that 5-on-8 action occurs there? Woah! I'm going to need to sit down for a bit and ponder that thought.
                        78-65

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          What you have to understand is that we sometimes get people from other fanbases here pretending to be WSU fans. Since your first post centered around us playing only at KU and you have an anti-KU screen name (as one might expect from a KU fan trying to disguise themselves) the assumption is going to be that you aren't really a WSU fan. That's just the culture of college fan message boards.

I recommend everyone just go back to your corners and take a few deep breaths. Count to 78 (or 65) and go on about your day.
                          They obviously didn't read any of my posts about the NIT champs team, or how EW is a beast, or how much I love Tekele COtton that I think I wanna see him on TNT at night. To clarify, I go to KU, as my profile says. I go to KU, and I love WSU hoops. I absolutely 100% have a distaste for the fans here. I came onto this forum because I love WSU ball. When KU has a good team, I root for them sometimes too. But KU has sucked butt the last few years, and root against. So hence forthe, be better WSU fans, and quit raging on WSU fans.

Comment

Ok, now it's gone to just straight-up LOLville.

Gotta get a nice cover in when a mod questions where your IP address is originating from.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

They obviously didn't read any of my posts about the NIT champs team, or how EW is a beast, or how much I love Tekele COtton that I think I wanna see him on TNT at night. To clarify, I go to KU, as my profile says. I go to KU, and I love WSU hoops. I absolutely 100% have a distaste for the fans here. I came onto this forum because I love WSU ball. When KU has a good team, I root for them sometimes too. But KU has sucked butt the last few years, and root against. So hence forthe, be better WSU fans, and quit raging on WSU fans.
                              How has KU "sucked butt the last few years"? I was under the impression they won their conference each of the last few years.

I'm not a KU fan, but I respect what Self has accomplished there.
                              Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

I haven't even looked at the IP. The location in the profile says that much. I'm not even insinuating @ShocktheHawks: is a KU fan. I'm just explaining to him/her why the assumption was made.

We have another WSU fan here who attends KU, so it's not out of the question.

Comment

Working...
                                X