Non-Conference Schedule needs more.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by choida View Post
    He's not trolling... Let's not call everyone a witch just because they don't agree with you or always where yellow sunglasses... Try to understand what he is saying... Educate yourself sir
    Thank you Choida.

Comment

Originally posted by rayc View Post
      Serious question.

Are you drunk, trolling or just stupid?
      RAYC: I don't know the strict definition of troll. But you came onto my thread and asked a "serious" question about whether a poster is stupid or not. You left no comment about what part of the thread you thought might lead to someone being stupid or drunk. You are the troll by my definition. I am not trying to start a fued. But I would actually be interested in the origin or you comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
        I know everyone wants a better non-con, but 3G has always said the point is to get into the big dance, and see what happens there. Well, so far he's been able to get an at large bid in 3 of 4 years, and had a single digit seed every time. Seems like the schedule is good enough.

Would it be fun to play Duke? Of course. But in the big scheme of things it is not necessary to be able to achieve our goals.
        I disagree. Although our schedule is making a good rpi for us. I guess I disagree because there is somehting mroe to scheduling teams than just RPI. KU schedules Temple. Why them and not us? WSU vs KU would be a much more fun game. High profile, hhyped. We schedule Bama. Now wouldn't someone like Arkansas, or Tennesee, or Kentucky be a funner, more hyped, yet still resume building game?

We can't continue to call ourselves a rising program if our only hopes for proving it come in March. I love our success. But I want to watch high intesnity, RPI boosting games too.

Comment

Originally posted by rayc View Post
          Serious question.

Are you drunk, trolling or just stupid?
          ryc, his latest posts are demonstrating that he is the uninformed, low intelligence troll you identified in your initial response to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
            ryc, his latest posts are demonstrating that he is the uninformed, low intelligence troll you identified in your initial response to him.
            Besides not knowing the lingo Home & Home and 2 and Away or whatever. What posts are uninformed? WHat poart of my pposts are unintellgent. Matter of fact, I am not used to message forums, but we oughtta chat outside of threads.

Comment

Prior to March 22, 2015, I would have said that KU and Wichita State should agree to a three-game series with AFH-Intrust-Sprint. I conceded that we could sacrifice a game at Koch to make a series like this work. KU, of course, would have to agree to it as well. Now that I have crossed off a bucket list item and have seen my beloved Shockers rock chalk the 'Hawks, I have no huge desire to see WSU play KU again in any kind of a series that doesn't include Koch Arena. WSU holds all the leverage here. Until KU plays us again, the motto is 78-65. If KU wants to rectify and get things tilted back in their favor, we should force them to not just come to Wichita, but come to the place that "is as hospitable as a snake pit."

As for playing Duke, Kansas, etc. "for a check," again, a couple years ago, I might have understood the rationale and taking a guarantee game for special cases. Now...we don't need to do that. In fact, that would hurt us. If we go to Cameron Indoor Stadium for a check, every other power conference team can think, "Well, Duke bought Wichita State. I bet we can do that too." We need home games too. If Utah, Tennessee, Alabama, etc. can come here for a straight home-and-home, then we can continue to work to convince other schools to do so. UCLA would be great. Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State would all be great...and would make sense due to close distance. We absolutely don't need to go on the road "for a check." You wanna go to war with the Shockers? You need to come to Wichita.
              78-65

Comment

And you understand that going on the road "for a check" means that the other team pays us instead of coming to Wichita to play us in a return game, right? I just want to make sure you understand that when you think it is lame for Gregg to not want to do that.
                78-65

Comment

Originally posted by ShocktheHawks View Post
                  I hear ya. But kill me If I make a pro ku statement here. Playing the jayhawks will improve our rpi. win or lose. they always win thier conference. dang it hurts to say. lol. The same reason it would be great for them to play us too, we can go one or two in ours. RPI booster regardles of outcome. In the same breath we hope that we play for braggin's sake, we can't say we're too good to play on thier terms. Doesn't make sense.My overall point is that we can't be choosy when we try to schedule RPI boosters.

Would we say no to Duke, UNC, KY on any terms? I hope not. Espexially since GM is alwasy saying he will play anybody. Gotta play on thier terms.
                  To the bolded part .. I don't think he's ever said he will "play anybody" without saying it as "we will play anyone home and home". He has specifically mentioned that he wont be a buy game.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                    Prior to March 22, 2015, I would have said that KU and Wichita State should agree to a three-game series with AFH-Intrust-Sprint. I conceded that we could sacrifice a game at Koch to make a series like this work. KU, of course, would have to agree to it as well. Now that I have crossed off a bucket list item and have seen my beloved Shockers rock chalk the 'Hawks, I have no huge desire to see WSU play KU again in any kind of a series that doesn't include Koch Arena. WSU holds all the leverage here. Until KU plays us again, the motto is 78-65. If KU wants to rectify and get things tilted back in their favor, we should force them to not just come to Wichita, but come to the place that "is as hospitable as a snake pit."

As for playing Duke, Kansas, etc. "for a check," again, a couple years ago, I might have understood the rationale and taking a guarantee game for special cases. Now...we don't need to do that. In fact, that would hurt us. If we go to Cameron Indoor Stadium for a check, every other power conference team can think, "Well, Duke bought Wichita State. I bet we can do that too." We need home games too. If Utah, Tennessee, Alabama, etc. can come here for a straight home-and-home, then we can continue to work to convince other schools to do so. UCLA would be great. Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State would all be great...and would make sense due to close distance. We absolutely don't need to go on the road "for a check." You wanna go to war with the Shockers? You need to come to Wichita.
                    I hear ya. Who needs who more though? We IMO, need to play bigger games. Maybe not big enough that we have to be bought all the time. So, yeah, the teams you mentioned would be great.

Being bought by a top 5 team isn't going to convince top 50 teams they can do that too. You are right though, we might be able to work with top 50 teams. But WSU needs a top five team game, IMO.
                    (Utah again is going to be great. We just gotta beat em this time :).

Just because we spanked....SPPPPPAAAANKED KU, doesn't mean we have the upper hand in talks. They still want us to beg. I'm just saying let's beg. I know Gregg doesn't feel that way, but I think most wouldn't care how the chips fell as long as we played KU soon. (For the record I told my neighboorhood WSU by 14 in that game. So close to perfect. Dangit.)

Comment

Lol. pleease forgive me for not knowing the lingo well enough to talk about it. Haha. I have just heard that gregg "wont go to Allen for a check"

I just think thats a little lame. But IDK all the details.
                      Isn't also kind of lame that KU wont come to Wichita for a Check? KU and WSU RPI have been pretty close the last few years, so it would help KU to come to Wichita just as much as it would help WSU to go to Lawrence.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                        And you understand that going on the road "for a check" means that the other team pays us instead of coming to Wichita to play us in a return game, right? I just want to make sure you understand that when you think it is lame for Gregg to not want to do that.
                        Thanks for the education. I don't know if Kansas is worth that, you are right. But Duke might be. A real top 5 team might be. But yeah, it would be great to get more teams to agree to come to WIchita.

Comment

Read more, post less.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                            Isn't also kind of lame that KU wont come to Wichita for a Check? KU and WSU RPI have been pretty close the last few years, so it would help KU to come to Wichita just as much as it would help WSU to go to Lawrence.
                            If WSU goes there and loses hurts only a little. If they come to Wichita and lose it hurts only a little for them. But if we lose @ home it is a huge blemish. Same for KU losing in Allen. At this point a agreeement for both teams to play at eachothers arena is a good idea. Hope it can get done. Maybe we don't have to beg afterall.

Comment

Thanks for the education. I don't know if Kansas is worth that, you are right. But Duke might be. A real top 5 team might be. But yeah, it would be great to get more teams to agree to come to WIchita.
                              WSU is a powerhouse at this point. No team is good enough that we have to resort to only an away game for a check.

You're just wrong on many levels:

First, teams aren't going to offer us that. People don't take kindly to paying to receive a loss.

Second, and more importantly, even if it were offered, a negative perception is created when you accept a buy-game payout. WE want to be a top-5 team. Top-5 teams don't accept a payout to play in someone else's arena. If we accept that from Duke, KU, or whoever, it is going to be a lot harder to get home and homes or neutral court games with big teams.

We will accept a home-and-home starting at your arena. We may do a two for one type deal, particularly if one is a neutral/close to your home arena. We will accept neutral court, one and done type games. End of discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                                Read more, post less.
                                +1. My eyes are hurting.

It's taken me extreme patience to not flip the switch on and go beast mode on this "fan".
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X