X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
    Fwiw right hand men don't leave if they think they can get paid by Texas
    Good call.

Speaking of which, I know Jabs left last year with the intent of returning to WSU one day. I don't think he would have left if he thought 3Gs was only going to be there for a little while longer.
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
      Good call.

Speaking of which, I know Jabs left last year with the intent of returning to WSU one day. I don't think he would have left if he thought 3Gs was only going to be there for a little while longer.
      agreed but I doubt even Jans would predict jobs such as Tennessee, Alabama, and Texas would all open up the same year.... let alone the same week and potentially offer marshall $3 to $3.5 mil a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
        agreed but I doubt even Jans would predict jobs such as Tennessee, Alabama, and Texas would all open up the same year.... let alone the same week and potentially offer marshall $3 to $3.5 mil a year.
        Tennessee went after Marshall just last year before they hired Tyndall.

and...

Missouri offered Marshall $3.2M just last year.

and...

The Bama job sucks, pay notwithstanding.

Comment

• Texas is not a blue blood in basketball...don't think Gregg wants the blue blood challenge yet... Gotta get results asap

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
            Texas is not a blue blood in basketball...don't think Gregg wants the blue blood challenge yet... Gotta get results asap
            It could be, it oughta be

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              It could be, it oughta be
              It will never be a blue blood in basketball. The reason is that unlike football where Texas has a passion that lasts forever, basketball is still an afterthought where people (will be bandwagon fans) will be interested for a short period of time when winning is new and then lose interest, and attendance will drop again until losing occurs (probably for an equal amount of time), the coach will be a part of this downturn,and the cycle will happen again with probably a new coach.

Comment

• The last coach to leave wichita state has a resume full of round of 32's...

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  It will never be a blue blood in basketball. The reason is that unlike football where Texas has a passion that lasts forever, basketball is still an afterthought where people (will be bandwagon fans) will be interested for a short period of time when winning is new and then lose interest, and attendance will drop again until losing occurs (probably for an equal amount of time), the coach will be a part of this downturn,and the cycle will happen again with probably a new coach.
                  You just keep telling yourself that

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
                    The last coach to leave wichita state has a resume full of round of 32's...
                    Ok.... The last coach also went to 1 ncaa in 7 years. Marshall is light years ahead of Turg in all metrics here. Turg is a solid coach, Marshall is a great coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta town View Post
                      You just keep telling yourself that
                      Give me an example of sustained success from a southern football power. There hasn't been one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta town View Post
                        Ok.... The last coach also went to 1 ncaa in 7 years. Marshall is light years ahead of Turg in all metrics here. Turg is a solid coach, Marshall is a great coach.
                        You right, you right... But can Gregg get blue chips to play angry.... Only a hand full of coaches I have respect for above Marshall...izzo pitino calhoun few and bo ryan, and I think Gregg wants a chance to consistently get to final 4s .... It's doable here but no consistently..

Comment

Give me an example of sustained success from a southern football power. There hasn't been one.
                          I will also add the same thing about basketball bluebloods becoming football bluebloods. They don't cross over for any length of time. They win for a short time and then the decline begins.

Comment

Florida?

Comment

• It would not surprise me in the least if Tevin Glass decides to follow Coach Forbes to ETSU for his final year of eligibility after sitting out a year. I think that would be a win-win for Tevin and Coach Forbes and would work out well for Wichita State as well in dealing with its scholarship limits next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                It would not surprise me in the least if Tevin Glass decides to follow Coach Forbes to ETSU for his final year of eligibility after sitting out a year. I think that would be a win-win for Tevin and Coach Forbes and would work out well for Wichita State as well in dealing with its scholarship limits next year.
                                Good call. I hope anyone that transfers out, can go to a former assistants location (ETSU, BGSU, CofC)
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X