Coach Forbes to ETSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
    Why is no one talking about Few or Shaka? Aren't they as likely taegets?
    Shaka is always a target, but HCGM is the sexier pick this year...
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by KYJD75 View Post
      Actually, UK fans are hoping that your coach stays right where he is until Calipari decides to call it quits. We would love to have him as our next coach once Cal calls it a day. He is absolutely a great basketball coach!
      Couldn't agree more, especially since rumors came out a few days ago about Cal wanting to go back to the NBA.. If has to go, let it be to a basketball school, But I don't want him to go..
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
        Ya true, remember a few years ago that Shaka was a lock to go to Indiana or Illinois.
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Good luck to Coach Forbes at ETSU, seems like he is familiar with the area and they have had a decent amount of success in the recent past IIRC

Comment

• Originally posted by KYJD75 View Post
            Actually, UK fans are hoping that your coach stays right where he is until Calipari decides to call it quits. We would love to have him as our next coach once Cal calls it a day. He is absolutely a great basketball coach!
            If Gregg goes anywhere, and obviously I hope he doesn't, UK would be first on my list.

And not just because I'd make him give me a ducket next to Ashley. Because I would. But it's more than that.

Comment

• What happened to the Coaching Changes thread? Are its remnants in here, or am I getting things mixed up? Whatever ended up happening to that thread, it was a fully relevant, stand-alone thread, at least IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurley View Post
                I would say to people who think this way to put your money where your mouth is. Charge more for seats. Another $100 per season ticket is $1mm. Who wouldn't pay another $100 a year per seat to keep what we have?
                Totally agree. As a season ticket holder I would gladly pony up another Benjamin or two if it meant keeping him.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                  What happened to the Coaching Changes thread? Are its remnants in here, or am I getting things mixed up? Whatever ended up happening to that thread, it was a fully relevant, stand-alone thread, at least IMO.
                  I think it is on the Around The NCAA section.
                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                    I think it is on the Around The NCAA section.
                    No, that's a different thread (in spite of the similar title).

The one I'm referring to was one of the most prolific threads in the MBB section over the past 24 hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                      No, that's a different thread (in spite of the similar title).

The one I'm referring to was one of the most prolific threads in the MBB section over the past 24 hours.
                      Pinned at the top of this forum (they've collapsed a lot of threads into that one it looks like)

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                        Why is no one talking about Few or Shaka? Aren't they as likely taegets?
                        Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                        As far as Few, I don't know if he has gotten any other offers since he turned down his alma mater Oregon and Phil Knight (Nike).

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                          I agree 100%. He could go to Texas and compete in the conference and nationally right away. And football wouldn't be enough to deter him IMHO. I am not losing sleep over any of this, but this time of the year is always interesting.
                          He's competing nationally right now. There's no need to go some place that he's not loved like he is in Wichita.

Comment

• I am curious about Forbes leaving in regards to.........would he have been considered for the WSU job if he thought Coach was leaving? Would he have had a chance to go with Coach to Texas/Alabama at a big pay raise?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              I am curious about Forbes leaving in regards to.........would he have been considered for the WSU job if he thought Coach was leaving? Would he have had a chance to go with Coach to Texas/Alabama at a big pay raise?
                              I've had the identical thought. It is quite a comforting epiphany.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                I am curious about Forbes leaving in regards to.........would he have been considered for the WSU job if he thought Coach was leaving? Would he have had a chance to go with Coach to Texas/Alabama at a big pay raise?
                                That makes sense. If HCGM left and took his staff, the staff would immediately be considered for much higher level opportunities.

Of course Forbes could have been talking to ETSU considerably before Alabama arrived on the scene.

Comment

Working...
                                X