X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    I thought he was only 6'6"
    He's listed on the roster at 6-7.

Zach Brown is listed at 6-6, but he claims 6-7 on twitter. I'm pretty sure Marshall had everyone measured at normal standing height and barefoot.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Think any other WSU assistants go with Forbes? I know he probably has more than enough names outside WSU to fill his staff, but just curious.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        I thought he was only 6'6"
        Here's a hint for everyone. I wouldn't put a franchise tag on ANY of them. Sure I "think they'll all stay" but if you put a gun to my head I can come up with a solid knock on all of them. I would not call anybody a sure thing. Especially if there is a lunker to be had.

Oh and I "trust that HCGM will do what is best for the team..." and all

Comment

• Shaq is a sure thing.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
            Shaq is a sure thing.
            and Zach and Rashard...
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
              Think any other WSU assistants go with Forbes? I know he probably has more than enough names outside WSU to fill his staff, but just curious.
              Why would they? It makes sense for Forbes to leave WSU since he is moving up to a heading coaching job, but any other assistant would go from being an assistant at WSU to an assistant at ETSU which would be a big cut in pay and exposure.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Marshall measures his players in shoes, and has said so pointedly.

Comment

• You know what they say...

Comment

• I don't know what anybody says.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      It would not surprise me in the least if Tevin Glass decides to follow Coach Forbes to ETSU for his final year of eligibility after sitting out a year. I think that would be a win-win for Tevin and Coach Forbes and would work out well for Wichita State as well in dealing with its scholarship limits next year.
                      '72, a great idea.
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        Ri'an needs to go to JUCO for a year or loose a year of eligibility.
                        Good point. I could see Coach Forbes parking Ria'n for a year at someplace like Hutch or NW Florida and then picking him up for his final 2 years at ETSU.

Comment

• How big a loss to the program does Forbes leaving represent? Was his game prep a big part of game planning? I remember being pretty stoked when we first learned of his addition to 3G's staff. He had a solid recruiting resume but as best I can tell, Glass was his only get.

I submit losing Jans last year had a bigger impact. How much will Gregg miss Forbes and will it be on the recruiting trail, practice, or game day?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                            How big a loss to the program does Forbes leaving represent? Was his game prep a big part of game planning? I remember being pretty stoked when we first learned of his addition to 3G's staff. He had a solid recruiting resume but as best I can tell, Glass was his only get.

I submit losing Jans last year had a bigger impact. How much will Gregg miss Forbes and will it be on the recruiting trail, practice, or game day?
                            How do we quantify how important an Assistant Coach is? We don't really know. I am confident that Gregg chooses good coaches. I think that the players think a lot of Forbes as they did Jans. The one thing to remember regarding game planning is that the Assistant Coaches all rotate this responsibility and the ONE CONSTANT is that Gregg and the (rotated coach) coach who is responsible, together, after watching a lot of game film, decide how to attack the next team. During that time, the other coaches all have additional responsibilities (recruiting, etc.).

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                              How big a loss to the program does Forbes leaving represent? Was his game prep a big part of game planning? I remember being pretty stoked when we first learned of his addition to 3G's staff. He had a solid recruiting resume but as best I can tell, Glass was his only get.

I don't think we'll miss a beat; coach Marshall's biggest challenge will be picking Forbes replacement from a stack of quality applicants.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• He was a good recruiter. I believe he recruited McDuffie.

We will see in the fall how much he is missed in recruiting,
                                if we stop getting top 100 recruits.

Comment

Working...
                                X