Coach Forbes to ETSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Forbes to ETSU

"Per sources, Wichita State assistant Steve Forbes will be introduced as the new ETSU coach on Monday, press conference scheduled for 6:30"

From Twitter.

Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
    "Per sources, Wichita State assistant Steve Forbes will be introduced as the new ETSU coach on Monday, press conference scheduled for 6:30"

From Twitter.
    wonder how much the marshall rumors and the forbes all but certain being gone played any into the guys minds.

They just seemed a step slow on almost everything except fred's play.

Wessel looked lost at times.

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
      wonder how much the marshall rumors and the forbes all but certain being gone played any into the guys minds.

I hope not. But agree they didn't look themselves. I wish these bastards could wait until a team finished the season before opening their pie holes. Pisses me off.

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post

I doubt our guys had any thoughts regarding those things once they took the floor.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post

From Twitter.
          Congrats to Forbes. Thought he could have held out for a better gig, but I bet he'll be successful at ETSU.
          The Assman

Comment

It seems to me that there is too much searching for blame for our loss. It's simple. We didn't hit shots. It is not the first time for this to happen this year. Usually we had different answers when we didn't hit shots. ND is too good to not hit shots and when you aren't big, it's harder to find other answers.

Comment

Is it time for Matty B to head back to Wichita?
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                Congrats to Forbes. Thought he could have held out for a better gig, but I bet he'll be successful at ETSU.
                May also be more to this Alabama thing as well.

Comment

I don't think that there is more than has been reported yet. They are saying they want to talk to Gregg and give him a huge number. Gregg is going to talk to them just like he talked to Missouri last year and then talk to Lynn just like last year. Then they make a decision. He may go but I still think that the odds are against it.

Comment

And Cal-Berkeley the year before. It's ridiculous how worried people are about this crap. We have ZERO control over it (coach's decision, rumors, etc.), so let's focus on what we can control and that is our steadfast support for our team.

Comment

I think it played a role. Looked like a different team. GM shouldn't have said he'd listen to Alabama, just my opinion. BUT, Notre dame was awesome tonight. Hats off

Comment

Originally posted by kstarheel View Post
                        I think it played a role. Looked like a different team.
                        It didn't play any role, trust me. The players don't care what the coaches are doing with their careers during the game. We need to stop trying to find excuses for this loss, as ND was the better team. Hell, they shot 90% from the field in the 2nd half! Nobody can beat a team that shoots like that. Just accept it as it is: A loss to a better team on the given day. Not sure how it looked like a different team either. It looked like the team that lost to ISU in the Valley tournament. Actually, it was a better version of that team.

Originally posted by Ol skool View Post
                        May also be more to this Alabama thing as well.
                        Like what? He's going to leave to play 2nd fiddle to Saban at a school that will never care about basketball as much as football? Gregg isn't leaving for Alabama. He doesn't play 2nd fiddle to anyone and he's not ditching Fred and Ron in their SR years. I don't see him as that kind of a guy. Making $2 million in Wichita Ks and being a superstar is far more valuable to him than being a nobody in Alabama making $3.5 million.

Now, if a job like Indiana opens next year, then I could see him bolting. But not this year.

Comment

@Gary:ParrishCBS: Two different Texas beat writers are reporting that UT AD Steve Patterson has told Rick Barnes he must make staff changes to keep his job.
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Report out tonight that Texas AD has told Rick Barnes to change assistants or there will be a head coaching change.

Comment

@BDavisAAS: Source: Texas AD Steve Patterson pressuring Rick Barnes to make staff changes. If assistants don't change, Patterson will change head coach.

@BDavisAAS: Rick Barnes and Steve Patterson have also had two face-to-face meetings to discuss situation. Direction here is pretty clear, source said.
                              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                              X