Coach Forbes to ETSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    It would not surprise me in the least if Tevin Glass decides to follow Coach Forbes to ETSU for his final year of eligibility after sitting out a year. I think that would be a win-win for Tevin and Coach Forbes and would work out well for Wichita State as well in dealing with its scholarship limits next year.
    It had never occurred to me before to look at places like Bowling Green and ETSU as obvious landing places for anyone we are concerned about. Every player we are concerned about on our roster is someone who could really help either of those two programs. It's a slam dunk with Tevin because Forbes brought him in to begin with.

Comment

• I won't name any names, but if some combination of Tevin, Corey, Bush and/or R'i'a'n' were to make a move like that, it would surely help Forbes get off on the right foot.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
        I won't name any names, but if some combination of Tevin, Corey, Bush and/or R'i'a'n' were to make a move like that, it would surely help Forbes get off on the right foot.
        Yeah, I was thinking that going with Coach Forbes might also appeal to Ria'n. Much more playing time and much closer to home.

Comment

It would not surprise me in the least if Tevin Glass decides to follow Coach Forbes to ETSU for his final year of eligibility after sitting out a year. I think that would be a win-win for Tevin and Coach Forbes and would work out well for Wichita State as well in dealing with its scholarship limits next year.
          Genius
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking that going with Coach Forbes might also appeal to Ria'n. Much more playing time and much closer to home.
            Ri'an needs to go to JUCO for a year or loose a year of eligibility.
            Livin the dream

Comment

I won't name any names, but if some combination of Tevin, Corey, Bush and/or R'i'a'n' were to make a move like that, it would surely help Forbes get off on the right foot.
              Bush Wamukota? The kid who held his own against KU? I remember a certain player that wasn't mentioned above who wasn't getting minutes at the end of the season. Doesn't mean said player doesn't have potential, but to put him ahead of Bush?

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                Ri'an needs to go to JUCO for a year or loose a year of eligibility.
                how so?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  how so?
                  He has already redshirted. So he only has 3 years left to finish his 3 years of eligibility. If he transfers to another D-1 school he has to sit out a year so he would only have 2 years of eligibility remaining. So the 5 years to use 4 catches him.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 2, 2015, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Win-win. Let's keep the big bush though...
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      how so?
                      When you transfer, you are required to give up one of your five-in-four years of eligibility.

Since he already redshirted, he can't use his transfer year as a redshirt year.

Whether he goes to JUCO or not, he will only have two years of DI eligibility left. If he goes to JUCO though, he can play instead of sit on the bench.
                      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                        Win-win. Let's keep the big bush though...
                        Love me some Bush... Go shox

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                          Bush Wamukota? The kid who held his own against KU? I remember a certain player that wasn't mentioned above who wasn't getting minutes at the end of the season. Doesn't mean said player doesn't have potential, but to put him ahead of Bush?
                          I'm a big fan of Bush. I don't expect any one in particular to leave. I liked the point about Tevin, and wanted so bad to get to say R'i'a'n' that I just threw a few other names in there to keep from singling anyone out. :)

Here's a question for you. If we somehow land a "lunker" this off-season, is anyone really safe? Which big would you put the franchise tag on today?

Comment

I'm a big fan of Bush. I don't expect any one in particular to leave. I liked the point about Tevin, and wanted so bad to get to say R'i'a'n' that I just threw a few other names in there to keep from singling anyone out. :)

Here's a question for you. If we somehow land a "lunker" this off-season, is anyone really safe? Which big would you put the franchise tag on today?
                            Morris is the post of the future for sure. I know he's only 6-7, but as a senior he will destroy some 6-9+ posts. I like Nurger's upside and BWam will be just fine, but we really need a D-I ready five this year.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• And FWIW, every other school in the country would list Morris at 6-8 or more.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• I thought he was only 6'6"

Comment

Working...
                                X